Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2016-10-30, 12:16)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - depending on if audio / video don't match, one has to do something. Either skip frames (video) or adjust audio (resample). With passthrough video needs to adapted as audio runs "wallclock". Therefore we prefer pcm output as we can finegranely alter it without someone realizing. For 2.0 devices (pcm), we have this option to use ac3 transcode. When DTS is disabled and only AC3 and ac3 transcode is checked that will happen "magically". You see Dolby on your AVR and everything is fine.

If you decide for TrueHD / DTSHD and so on PT it will be obviously clear that Sync to Display won't work as we cannot change audio.

Let me see if I understand you. Skip frames on video is something we do not want. Adjust audio is better? But since passthrough is as it is, we have to drop frames if we want passthrough? Can I have frames dropped now? I know there was an option for this before?

PCM output is a digital stream, where Kodi can do something with the audio (resample) it first? It does support multi channel, but it will not be shown as DD or DTS (since it isn't compressed in those containers any longer?).

But for me, with an surely 10 year old receiver, I don't think I can have multi channel without DD or DTS. At least will I not get multi channel when not using passthrough. Also, with my PS4, if set to only PCM and not DTS, I do not get multi channels. That's we I don't think it support pcm in multi channel.

Also, I got my HTPC (and PS4) sending sound via HDMI to the TV, and then the TV send the signal optical to the receiver. The TV sound sync it's set to "bypass" (I guess something like passthrough).

What is the best way for me to set up my devices do you think?

If disabling passthrough, I haven't been able to get multi channels. If passthrough is enabled, and AC3 and DTS checked, I get multi channel (but need sync sometimes).

I also tried only checking the AC3 and the sub AC3-transcoding, and not checking DTS. When playing DTS, the receiver got the DD icon and played multi channel. Is this the way to go you mean?

Also, sorry for discussing those things in here, but I really hope you guys that understands those options can help me. If needed, I would be glad taking this over a PM discussion instead.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)

Messages In This Thread
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
RE: Intel VAAPI howto with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server - by soder - 2016-10-30, 15:53
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18