Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
The problem is again highly hw dependend.

My patch has the nice advantage that it signals correctly limited range to the TV. So it can stay in that range and all the data send through it are kept as is -> 1:1 video colors -> TV mapping. Cause some TVs simply can't do full range RGB. Disadvantage: Everything else: GUI, Pictures are scaled from full to limited to match.

I personally use (with my new AVR): Full Range (Intel) + Full Range Kodi + 8 bit dithering on a Samsung UHD TV where I have set the black value to "Normal" which reflects full range with samungs. With that setup I can have full range pictures and for video I am satisfied with the limited to full range scaling + dithering. Looking perfect and fits my needs. I don't care about BTB and WTW. So Black is 0 here and BTB also ends up in 0.

On my old setup I used the limited path though to workaround my AVR ... kodi is not only a video player but also used for gaming, pictures and so on which are all full range.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
RE: Intel VAAPI howto with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server - by fritsch - 2016-11-25, 11:45
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18