Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
For anyone intrested in adding a kodi plymouth theme, I finally figured out how to get mine working.

Original theme pulled from HERE.
installed theme using this link: http://askubuntu.com/questions/775301/un...u-16-04lts

Upload the kodi-anmiated-theme folder into /usr/share

Modified lines in .plymouth file to work in Ubuntu 16.04 server
Code:
[Plymouth Theme]
Name=KODIbuntu Animated Logo
Description=A theme that features a blank background with an animated KODI logo.
ModuleName=script

[script]
ImageDir=/lib/plymouth/themes/kodibuntu-animated-logo
ScriptFile=/lib/plymouth/themes/kodibuntu-animated-logo/kodibuntu-animated-logo.script

To:
Code:
[Plymouth Theme]
Name=KODIbuntu Animated Logo
Description=A theme that features a blank background with an animated KODI logo.
ModuleName=script

[script]
ImageDir=/usr/share/plymouth/themes/kodibuntu-animated-logo
ScriptFile=/usr/share/plymouth/themes/kodibuntu-animated-logo/kodibuntu-animated-logo.script

to install the theme:
Code:
update-alternatives --install /usr/share/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth /usr/share/plymouth/themes/kodibuntu-animated-logo/kodibuntu-animated-logo.plymouth 100

to chose the theme:
Code:
sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth
sudo update-initramfs -u

to get the theme to show up, I followed directions in this link: http://askubuntu.com/questions/566979/ac...er-install

Quote:Open the file /etc/default/grub in an editor as root. Add the arguments quiet splash to the line

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="some other arguments"

so it will look like

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="some other arguments quiet splash"

Then save, exit and run
Code:
sudo update-grub
to include these changes into the bootloader.

It literally drove me nuts since I had to dump my old Kodibuntu setup since Krypton caused extreme tearing in the GUI using the Ubuntu 14.04 base. This was the last step for me to regaining the "kodibuntu" feel. Hope this helps others get their rigs back to normal.

Messages In This Thread
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
RE: Intel VAAPI howto with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server - by Bootlegninja - 2017-04-02, 00:14
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18