Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Alright, just wanted to report back on my adventures with my new rig, in short I am a happy camper now since everything seems to work.
I have to say, I wasn't going the easy way of just following fritschs howto and reinstalling ubuntu server, since I wanted to keep my linux desktop ... so I am now still on my years-old Kodibuntu foundation, upgraded to 18.04.1 Lubuntu base ;-)

- Using the openbox xsession of lubuntu and the respective autostart entries from this howto
- Struggled for days with lirc since it changed a lot compared to my previous setup (I am using a classic MCE remote and official MS USB receiver, plus my Antec case has imon display and IR as well, where I needed to disable the imon IR only and keep the display)  before the upgrade to 18.04 -> now all working fine as before, if anyone has similar troubles with lirc feel free to msg me .... I think I've seen it all now ;-)
- 10bit HEVC 4K now working like a charm, thanks a lot fritsch for all your work 
- 4K 50/60hz is working, though I could test the GUI only so far since I didn't have any 60hz 4k videos to test. Had to add modelines manually though, since for whatever reason 4K 50/60hz resolutions aren't added automatically in the handshake .... also, howto provided by fritsch
- Fixed EDID working fine as well, no more changing audio devices when kodi is on before handshake is done, again thanks fritsch for the howto on this

Take care,

boba

Messages In This Thread
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
RE: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server - by User 29008 - 2018-07-26, 11:18
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18