Upgrading Kodi to 14.2
I've just bought a M8 TV Box and it came with a fully configured Kodi 14.0.
I have installed the 14.2 version and all settings and add-ons have transferred but I see that the old
14.0 version is still there and it works.
If I delete the old version by uninstalling it, will the settings remain or will I loose them?
I have since noticed that the note about updates said to "install it over" the earlier version.
Did I do it wrong?

Cheers,
Ant1942
You should not uninstall 14.0 if you want to keep the settings. Just install on top.
Ah, so I did do it wrong.
I downloaded the apk from the website and installed it and I now have two Kodi 14.0 & Kodi 14.2

How should I have done it? How DO I "install on top"?

Ant1942
When you install the new version, it should automatically install on top of.
Android recognises it as an upgrade of a previously installed app
Likely you got some totally unofficial and unsupported version previously installed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
In "Summary information" it says that the version the box came with is
ZBMC 14.0-ALPHA4 Git:2015-06-10-b80098b-dirty (Compiled: May 13 2015).

So (without loosing all the stuff installed) how should I have upgraded?

Ant1942
First, use the backup add-on to backup your settings. See backup (wiki).

Then go on the Google Play store and update Kodi. If it gives you an error then you need to make sure that backup went through, uninstall the current version, and then install Kodi from Google Play. Once the new version is installed then you can restore the backup, also using the backup add-on.
Thanks Ned........now that is a proper answer.
Exactly what a noobie like me needed.
Cheers,
Ant1942
Good answer can i ask one thing do you use google play within kodi or outside?? I think that i should use it from outside...
There is no way to use it within Kodi.
now i am a little confused when i try to use Play it only offers uninstall and open and the one on there is the new 15.
Is this the case of i have to uninstall to upgrade now after doing a backup?? I am running an M8 android box..thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading Kodi to 14.20