Win Kodi Shutdown -> delay Windows Shutdown
Hi folks

This is the scenario. I am running Kodi Isengard rc2 on my windows machines, and I was wondering whether I would be able to edit the kodi command "Shutdown" which will close down Kodi and shut down Windows.

I have searched for this without any luck, and I would really appreciate any pointers in how I could do this.

The reason behind this is that I want my machine to close down kodi and then wait 1-2 minutes before shutting down windows automatically. (Dropbox needs to synchronize after Kodi closes)

So if I could go in and edit the shutdown command which kodi is sending to windows, then it would be awesome, but I don't know where to look.

The way I have been doing this before is that I have been launching a .bat file which will launch kodi, and when kodi closes then it will force a simple shutdown command. But I would really like to not use this approach.

Do any of you have any ideas in how I could do this?
Hi Linde.

You didn't mention if you have tried using the built in option in Kodi to shutdown when you quit. I would have thought that it would do a proper shutdown and allow the system to flush stuff correctly.

I don't remember where the shudown command in located. I want to say guisettings.xml, but can be certain. Not that editing guisettings.xml directly is best way to do it, from what I've understood.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Actually I don't mind how I close down Kodi, the main thing is that when using the built ind shutdown function in kodi, then it will go directly from exiting kodi to powering down windows. And this is where I want to get a delay like 1-2 minutes to dropbox will sync up all the files it is using in kodi. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Shutdown -> delay Windows Shutdown0