Bug Linux: Audio DSP testing and issues reporting thread
I wasnt asking about the types and identifiers but for the extremely high number of entries present, just seemed unusual and weird, if you saying thats OK then its OK.

Thx for the explanation.

While offtopic heres why the question: I was looking because someone was looking for some settings and I opened the file to look at something else and saw dxva vaapi omx stuff under some video settings and none of them applied to my platform or OS or gpu, then I looked at those and wondered what was going on.
Quote:I guess your issue is something in my functions for XML settings saving. Currently I work on a refactor of adsp.template and afterwards I will try to fix it.
Ok. I'm waiting for fix Wink
MediaCenter: Fractal Design Node 605/ASUS Maximus VI Extreme/i3-4170/nVidia GT1030x3@Deepcool V4000 Mod (Passive)/DD Cine v.6.5/Arch Linux Multiseat/Leia x 3/HP Media IR remote/T3-M Remote/Sony PS3 BD remote/PulseEight USB-CEC(AnyNet+)/3 LCDTV over HDMI/SONY MDR-HW700DS ;)
Hi, How can I install any audio dsp addon? I have latest nightly Kodi 17 on KodiBuntu.
Hi all,

On Wisler's advice we thought it might be a good idea I post my experience in successfully compiling the adsp addons in Ubuntu. Much of the code was provided to me by Wisler and I only had to do a couple of minor tweaks to get it all working - so many thanks to Wisler's efforts.

The method below is quite simple and does not require passing a whole stream of parameters to cmake, but this requires you to manually copy a couple of files and folders across to your intended destination for your addons, which was in my case very simple.

Path to my xbmc dev folder where I clone builds/addons and compile from:
/home/xbmc/Builds

-- PREP --
Code:
$ sudo apt-get -y -q install software-properties-common
$ sudo add-apt-repository --yes ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install kodi libkodiplatform-dev kodi-addon-dev

-- KODI --
Code:
$ cd /home/xbmc/Builds
$ git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc kodi
$ cd kodi
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64
$ make
$ sudo make install

-- PLATFORM --
Code:
Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/platform
$ cd platform
$ cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib64
$ make && sudo make install

-- KODI-PLATFORM --
Code:
Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/xbmc/kodi-platform
$ cd kodi-platform
$ cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib64

-- ASPLIB --
Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/xbmc/asplib
$ cd asplib && mkdir build && cd build
$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/xbmc/Builds/asplib/build /home/xbmc/Builds/asplib

-- ADDONS --
Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/kodi-adsp/adsp.basic
$ mkdir ./adsp.basic/build
$ cd ./adsp.basic/build
$ git checkout v0.2.0
$ cmake .. -DOVERRIDE_PATHS=1
$ make
$
$ git clone https://github.com/kodi-adsp/adsp.freesurround
$ mkdir ./adsp.freesurround/build
$ cd ./adsp.freesurround/build
$ git checkout v0.2.1
$ cmake .. -DOVERRIDE_PATHS=1
$ make

--- These will create your [addon name] in /home/xbmc/Builds/[addon name]/ (e.g. /home/xbmc/Builds/adsp.basic/adsp.basic)
--- Need to copy the *.so libs from [addon name]/build to the addon folder (i.e. in /home/xbmc/Builds/adsp.basic/adsp.basic and in /home/xbmc/Builds/adsp.freesurroound/adsp.freesurround)
--- Copy the addon folder (e.g.: /home/xbmc/Builds/adsp.basic/adsp.basic) to your /userdata folder to test. Run Kodi, enable adsp manager and the [addon name] you wish to use (+ Config addon)
--- To compile adsp.biquad.filters you need the asplib libraries but the package does not seem to currently compile correctly although it compiles successfully (some file paths may be incorrect).

Hope this helps?

Cheers to all and thanks a bunch to you guys, the developers, for your excellent efforts!!!

EDIT: added asplib above
erm.. you first install kodi dev headers via apt, but then go on to compile it from source. Thats not needed at all.
Just install all dependencies with apt.
And you do not have to copy any files manually.

1.) sudo apt-get install kodi-addon-dev kodi-audio-dev libkodiplatform-dev libp8-platform-dev (or libplatform-dev)
2.) clone addon
3.) cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
make && sudo make install
Hey guys,
when will adsp.freesurround be ready to be used with Kodi on Linux?
(2016-03-19, 18:26)SpaceAgeHero Wrote: Hey guys,
when will adsp.freesurround be ready to be used with Kodi on Linux?

It's already available in our nightly PPA.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
(2016-03-19, 12:32)wsnipex Wrote: erm.. you first install kodi dev headers via apt, but then go on to compile it from source. Thats not needed at all.
Just install all dependencies with apt.
And you do not have to copy any files manually.

1.) sudo apt-get install kodi-addon-dev kodi-audio-dev libkodiplatform-dev libp8-platform-dev (or libplatform-dev)
2.) clone addon
3.) cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
make && sudo make install
Yes, thanks Wsnipex, that last line in 'PREP' was not meant to include Kodi and Platform, a cut-and-paste error! Academic now as as the two adsp addons are now in the nigthlies.
My RPi2 crashes each time I try to play video with Audio DSP enabled using BiQuad addon in [Beta] OpenELEC 6.95.1, KODI 16.1 RC2

It works ok listening internet radio though.

Just curious if this is something common in current status of Audio DSP development or it's just my system and I should start from scratch and test again?

Thanks.
(2016-03-21, 02:11)LeKodeur Wrote: Academic now as as the two adsp addons are now in the nigthlies.

Sorry I do not look every day in our nightly repo for Linux, because I mainly use Windows as basis for Kodi.

(2016-03-23, 00:08)banesi Wrote: My RPi2 crashes each time I try to play video with Audio DSP enabled using BiQuad addon in [Beta] OpenELEC 6.95.1, KODI 16.1 RC2

Just curious if this is something common in current status of Audio DSP development or it's just my system and I should start from scratch and test again?

Thanks.

Sounds like you found a new bug. Can provide a debug log?

Hi Wisler,

Currently testing your different plugins with LibreElec and... whoa !!!!
Everything works great Big Grin (free surround and adsp.basic)
I have replace the DSP from my receiver with yours, and output everything to Straight mode (Yamaha receiver).

The minor thing that i think could be improved :

- explanations on what things do in the UI (for example automatic/video/music mode, or parameters for the free surround DSP...)
- CPU usage, the UI said me that DSP system uses like 30% of CPU where i only activate free surround DSP which uses 15% Huh
- translation to other langage.

For the rest, really great work. Thank you.

Bibi

Bibi
(2016-03-29, 14:22)wisler Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 00:08)banesi Wrote: My RPi2 crashes each time I try to play video with Audio DSP enabled using BiQuad addon in [Beta] OpenELEC 6.95.1, KODI 16.1 RC2

Thanks.

Hi, just sent you log in PM, thanks.

Edit: log available here: http://pastebin.com/eWXaepkt
(2016-04-10, 20:43)banesi Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 14:22)wisler Wrote:

Thanks.

Hi, just sent you log in PM, thanks.

Edit: log available here: http://pastebin.com/eWXaepkt
I have the same problem on my Raspberry Pi 2 running LibreELEC. It turns out that the issues affect MPEG2 MKVs. I tried Interstellar (.mp4 h.264) and it works fine. But Top Gun and Saving Private Ryan (.mkv mpeg2) crash kodi. All files have 1 audio stream - AC3 5.1 384kbps. I'm not sure if the issue is because of lack of accelerated mpeg2 decoding or because of MKV files. I will report back after further testing.

UPDATE 1:
I tested other MKV files with h.264 video steams (instead of mpeg2) and AC3 5.1 audio stream. Kodi did not crash. I also tested said files with a Mac. Audio DSP worked as expected. I was using only the basic addon with only Prologic ii down mixing enabled. So it seems the issue is limited to the MPEG2 MKV files. I will upload the MPEG2 files if necessary.
Other issue with the Pi - When playing a movie and visiting the audio settings in the context menu, there is a Audio DSP settings page. On the Pi, if I select this, nothing happens. But if I select it on the Mac, settings appear so that I can change on a per file basis. Also, on the Mac, if I try to use S/PDIF, Audio DSP settings vanish or refuse to work, but work just fine with HDMI. Why is this?

UPDATE 2:
I was using both MMAL and OMX hardware acceleration, which was causing the crash. But enabling only OMXplayer causes the mkvs to be played as music with no sound output. If I enable MMAL, the video plays but gets stuck after 2 seconds, with no sound. Disabling AudioDSP fixes the issue. I checked CPU usage during playback. It was normal (10% on all cores).
If it matters, the movie files causing issues were both European (PAL 2) DVDs ripped with MakeMKV using default settings.

UPDATE 3:
I could reproduce the same crashes with the SD video trailers from demo-world.eu. These are .VOB files with mpeg2 video and 5.1 compressed DTS or AC3 audio.

Logs :
OMX - http://xbmclogs.com/pyfcdxsui

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux: Audio DSP testing and issues reporting thread0