• 29(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
(2022-09-08, 10:27)hostile17 Wrote: Thanks for your help but I have very little knowledge on how to do that.
I am using a Fire Cube with remote,no keyboard.
I can go into Kodi via FX File Explorer and see the line you refer to but cannot see how to change it with the resources I have.

I understand, things can be difficult without a keyboard. You can connect your phone via the Amazon Fire App and use it as a keyboard.

You can also try this link. 

https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...matrix.zip
@5P004Y32 It's usually slow on the first load of a window. e.g. if you close Kodi and open it, then open Movies, it will be slow, but then if you go back to home and open it again, it will speed up as it's already loaded the xml file into memory. I think it's because there's a lot of code to load as the views are manually built instead of relying on the normal built-in list functions. The reason for this is to be able to do non-standard animations e.g. Stripview. 

I've been rewriting the code to ensure that it's as lean as possible. On my two machines (a Windows PC and a Nvidia Shield), the most recent version is definitely faster, with the time from initialising myvideos.xml to loading the list down from about 4 seconds to 0.8 seconds on Windows. I don't know the exact time on Shield, it's slower than that but only 1-2 seconds. It's interesting that you're still seeing 6 seconds+ - can I ask what system you're running this on?
(2022-09-08, 23:39)QuizKid Wrote: @5P004Y32 It's usually slow on the first load of a window. e.g. if you close Kodi and open it, then open Movies, it will be slow, but then if you go back to home and open it again, it will speed up as it's already loaded the xml file into memory. I think it's because there's a lot of code to load as the views are manually built instead of relying on the normal built-in list functions. The reason for this is to be able to do non-standard animations e.g. Stripview. 

I've been rewriting the code to ensure that it's as lean as possible. On my two machines (a Windows PC and a Nvidia Shield), the most recent version is definitely faster, with the time from initialising myvideos.xml to loading the list down from about 4 seconds to 0.8 seconds on Windows. I don't know the exact time on Shield, it's slower than that but only 1-2 seconds. It's interesting that you're still seeing 6 seconds+ - can I ask what system you're running this on?
@"QuizKid" 

That makes sense. I love Stripview! One of the coolest views for sure.

Yes the most recent version is definitely faster but only sometimes. Idk why but the window loading speed varies for me.
I'm running Copacetic on a NVIDIA Shield TV Pro. I am however running Kodi Nexus Alpha 2. I'm not running a version of the latest nightly build. I mention this cause I heard that Alpha 2 had certain issues regarding skins so it could be a factor.
(2022-09-09, 03:17)5P004Y32 Wrote:
(2022-09-08, 23:39)QuizKid Wrote: @5P004Y32 It's usually slow on the first load of a window. e.g. if you close Kodi and open it, then open Movies, it will be slow, but then if you go back to home and open it again, it will speed up as it's already loaded the xml file into memory. I think it's because there's a lot of code to load as the views are manually built instead of relying on the normal built-in list functions. The reason for this is to be able to do non-standard animations e.g. Stripview. 

@"QuizKid" 

That makes sense. I love Stripview! One of the coolest views for sure.

Yes the most recent version is definitely faster but only sometimes. Idk why but the window loading speed varies for me.
I'm running Copacetic on a NVIDIA Shield TV Pro. I am however running Kodi Nexus Alpha 2. I'm not running a version of the latest nightly build. I mention this cause I heard that Alpha 2 had certain issues regarding skins so it could be a factor.
that's strange it's so slow as I'm using the same hardware and version. Can you share your log file with me please so I can try and figure out what's going on?
Such a beautiful skin, please, please, consider getting PVR support, so that I can use this 😊.Great work, hoping you can
@"QuizKid" 

I sent you a PM.
Update: If you update to the newest version and are using a nightly development build of Nexus from 2022-Oct-03 or later, I have now implemented a trailer autoplay feature using the new skintimers functionality. You have to enable this in Skin Settings > Extras and then also you have a quick enable/disable in the views menu. The reason I added this extra layer is because I cannot tell yet if having autoplay trailers adds some dynamism to the skin or is a bit annoying. Anyway, if you are on a horizontal scrolling list, you can press up/down to end playback while staying on the current item or left/right to navigate to the previous/next item. On vertical lists it's the other way around (left/right to stop playback while staying on the current item, up/down to go to the previous/next item).

It's currently enabled only in MyVideos, not for homescreen widgets. And it currently works only on List/Billboard/Showcase/Strip. On the first two, everything is hidden during playback, on the last 2, the details remain.

I would love any feedback from anyone if they find this good/bad - or run into any issues. 

Other new features:
* Scroll by letter for sort methods that start with a letter
* Scroll by playcount, duration, rating, user rating, number of discs when the corresponding sort method is selected.

Copacetic newest version: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.co...master.zip
Alternative link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsNBJgb3zz70g7dXVfwl...Q?e=4pY6vf
Note - please first install this version of Embuary Helper (This is a temporary solution, I will fix things soon so this is not required) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsNBJgb3zz70g7dW9mCc...Q?e=eeVGfM

Also with this, I am nearing the end of development on Copacetic. All windows have been skinned and Nexus requirements should all be met, so I would now consider this to be Beta. I might add PVR support in the future, but certainly not in the short term. And i don't use Kodi for games, so no idea what is required in terms of skin support there. Apart from those two areas, the only other  thing I might add at some point is a custom window for global search. 

Beyond that there are some minor bugs / inconsistencies to fix and I may redo the views in a couple of minor windows. At this point, I believe there shouldn't be any errors in the log caused by this skin. There are some warnings that cannot be avoided because of the way some of the views work (hidden buttons in lists, which Kodi doesn't like) but I don't believe these come with any sort of performance penalty.

The main outstanding issue from my perspective is the speed of loading the windows into memory e.g. the first time you load MyVideoNav.xml can be a bit slow. This is due I believe to the fact that the majority of the code exists outside of the standard <itemlayout> <focusedlayout> elements, so it is a bit slower for the system to get started as there's a lot more code for it to scan through. I've tried to mitigate any delays as much as possible and have rewritten a lot of the code in the past couple of months to try and make it more efficient. On a powerful Windows system, I don't see any perceptable delays, but on an Nvidia Shield Pro I see a delay of 2-3 seconds before MyVideos loads for the first time (subsequent loads are quicker once the xml is in memory) and a slight hitch when opening the video info dialog. If anyone else is using the skin I would be interested to know how they find the speed of loading windows.

And please anyone who is interested in this skin, have a play with it and let me know if you run into any problems. On my two test configurations it seems fairly solid at this point but you never know.
Hi,

i cant install the latest version of your skin. im getting the error that the embuary helper v2.0.9 cant resolved. Sad
Can you please add a link thats not Guthub for the newest version?
For some reason I always have trouble downloading from there.

Thanks
For those having trouble downloading, please follow these steps:

1. Install this version of Embuary helper: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsNBJgb3zz70g7dW9mCc...Q?e=eeVGfM
2. Here is an alternative link to the Copacetic skin if you're having issues with Github: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsNBJgb3zz70g7dXVfwl...Q?e=4pY6vf

I have removed a lot of the dependency on Embuary helper so I will shortly remove this as a required addon
Thanks, works now. Looks really nice but without PVR features, its useless for me. sorry.
Hi @"QuizKid" , great work,
One question mate , i ´ve install the embuaryhelper and updated kodi to the latest build for the autoplay trailer feature but keep hearing the audio and not the video , black screen for me Sad
What i´m doing wrong?
Nevermind , i found the problem , not from the skin but from kodi update
Hi, I've removed the depedency that required a version of Embuary Helper that's not in the official Kodi repo. So for now, it should be easier to install as Kodi can automatically pick up that version of Embuary Helper. i'm trying to get to a point where having Embuary Helper is completely optional without having a noticeable impact on functionality, but I still have a couple of widgets that are reliant on it for the time being.

Anyway, you can get the current version here: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.co...master.zip
Could a moderator change the tag on this post from Alpha to Beta please?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8