• 12(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
(2020-03-09, 16:59)tomoffel Wrote: This is beautiful! Thank you for keeping one of the best skins alive and make it even better!

(2020-03-09, 03:47)QuizKid Wrote: Here is a gallery:

watch gallery

Thanks for the kind words @tomoffel - I hope to push through with this, although it's slow going as I'm learning on the job!
In Germany we say "Gut Ding will Weile haben" (in englisch something like: good things take time)

So take your time and do it in your own pace, with your passion and soul! Smile

And never forget! Do it for the fun! Smile

(2020-03-09, 17:25)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 16:59)tomoffel Wrote: This is beautiful! Thank you for keeping one of the best skins alive and make it even better!

(2020-03-09, 03:47)QuizKid Wrote: Here is a gallery:

watch gallery

Thanks for the kind words @tomoffel - I hope to push through with this, although it's slow going as I'm learning on the job!
Hi there, here is a quick video showing the different views and customisation options in action.

A couple of things I tried to show in the video:

* The views support standard fanart, poster and clearlogos, as well as keyart, which replaces posters when logos are showing, square art for showcase view and an alternative clearlogo which replaces the logo when the light background is displayed. 
* The settings for each view are customizabler on a per container basis, meaning you can have strip view set up showing flags, logos, plot info etc for movies, but the same strip view set up just to show titles on TV shows, for example.

This is stunning my friend! Outstanding work, so clean and nice!

Can we see this in the actual github version? Big Grin

Belive me, I will rescrap all my movies just to use the logo/Titel function! Love

This is by far the most beautiful kodi skin ever!
(no offend to all the other designers!)

Keep it up and stay safe!

(2020-05-04, 01:34)QuizKid Wrote: Hi there, here is a quick video showing the different views and customisation options in action.

* The views support standard fanart, poster and clearlogos, as well as keyart, which replaces posters when logos are showing, square art for showcase view and an alternative clearlogo which replaces the logo when the light background is displayed. 
* The settings for each view are customizabler on a per container basis, meaning you can have strip view set up showing flags, logos, plot info etc for movies, but the same strip view set up just to show titles on TV shows, for example.

(2020-05-04, 02:14)tomoffel Wrote: This is stunning my friend! Outstanding work, so clean and nice!

Can we see this in the actual github version? Big Grin

Belive me, I will rescrap all my movies just to use the logo/Titel function! Love

This is by far the most beautiful kodi skin ever!
(no offend to all the other designers!)

Keep it up and stay safe!
(2020-05-04, 01:34)QuizKid Wrote: Hi there, here is a quick video showing the different views and customisation options in action.

Thanks so much for the kind words @tomoffel Big Grin, still a long way to go, but making progress... slowly, haha. 

The alpha is on github, but just a warning that most of the dialogs still aren't done and some things are slightly unusable at the minute (e.g. Info screen). But for browsing the views, it should hopefully work. There are still a few rough edges with animations and such: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.copacetic

One thing if you like my use of logos, I have a slight cheat in that my logos are bottom-left aligned rather than centered, as it helps me keep it aligned with the text. Not sure how it will look with centered logos, but I'll do some experiments and see if any tweaking is required.
(2020-05-04, 03:20)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-05-04, 02:14)tomoffel Wrote:

Thanks so much for the kind words @tomoffel Big Grin, still a long way to go, but making progress... slowly, haha. 

The alpha is on github, but just a warning that most of the dialogs still aren't done and some things are slightly unusable at the minute (e.g. Info screen). But for browsing the views, it should hopefully work. There are still a few rough edges with animations and such: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.copacetic

One thing if you like my use of logos, I have a slight cheat in that my logos are bottom-left aligned rather than centered, as it helps me keep it aligned with the text. Not sure how it will look with centered logos, but I'll do some experiments and see if any tweaking is required.  

slow and steady is the way to go! Smile

Yeah, already dowloaded the file from GitHub and installed it! looks awesome in "real"!!
I will rescrap my movies over the next hours and recreate the database in kodi so the logos are assigned to the moves Smile I report later!

But for now I have to go to sleep, my wife is killing me when she finds out Iam up so late ;p
(2020-05-04, 03:37)tomoffel Wrote:
(2020-05-04, 03:20)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-05-04, 02:14)tomoffel Wrote:  

Yeah, already dowloaded the file from GitHub and installed it! looks awesome in "real"!!
I will rescrap my movies over the next hours and recreate the database in kodi so the logos are assigned to the moves Smile I report later!

But for now I have to go to sleep, my wife is killing me when she finds out Iam up so late ;p 

@tomofell ,  obviously this is still in the beta state so I appreciate parts and working yet , but how are you even adding anything to the skin so that you can try the views?  The addonbrowser doesnt open so I cant add anything via a repo and the "add videos" section doesn't work so I cant point to a source containing my local content either ?
(2020-05-04, 11:19)ontap Wrote:
(2020-05-04, 03:20)QuizKid Wrote: Thanks so much for the kind words @tomoffel Big Grin, still a long way to go, but making progress... slowly, haha. 

@tomofell ,  obviously this is still in the beta state so I appreciate parts and working yet , but how are you even adding anything to the skin so that you can try the views?  The addonbrowser doesnt open so I cant add anything via a repo and the "add videos" section doesn't work so I cant point to a source containing my local content either ? 
I think best bet at the moment is to set up your library in a different skin. I'll be moving on to the remaining dialogs shortly, to make it more usable, then will probably come back to the infoscreens and home screen.
I've settet up everything before I activate the skin then downloaded the github and installed it.

I use this on my daily kodi installation and like QuizKid said, it's not for an daily use, some things don't work, the settings dialog is buggy, but it works to take a peak on the skin! (and to find out why my logos aren't showing Huh)

(2020-05-04, 11:19)ontap Wrote:
(2020-05-04, 03:20)QuizKid Wrote: Thanks so much for the kind words @tomoffel Big Grin, still a long way to go, but making progress... slowly, haha. 

Dumb of me but I never thought of setting it up in estuary first then adding the skin , got it now thanks.
Thanks for working on this, the minimalistic approach is very interesting.
(2020-05-04, 21:56)jimkaf Wrote: Thanks for working on this, the minimalistic approach is very interesting.

No problem, glad there's some interest in this!
@"QuizKid" 

Is it possible that you add the "scroll through" into the skin?
ex. when you reach the end of a list you jump automatically to the beginning?

Smile
(2020-05-05, 14:17)tomoffel Wrote: @"QuizKid" 

Smile

The reason I turned it off is because I had to manually build these views instead of relying on the built in container, and the animations were a bit of a pain. I need to figure out a nice animation for the end of the list, as it didn't really work well right now, I will add it to the list of tasks though.
(2020-05-05, 15:45)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 14:17)tomoffel Wrote: @"QuizKid" 

Smile

The reason I turned it off is because I had to manually build these views instead of relying on the built in container, and the animations were a bit of a pain. I need to figure out a nice animation for the end of the list, as it didn't really work well right now, I will add it to the list of tasks though.

That makes sense to me! This skin is nothing "out of the box" it's so beautiful and special!

Hope you find a nice animation (or just start from the beginning Ex. abcdef...vwxyzabcdef... Or more like an endless list)

But take your time! No need to hurry! Big Grin
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8