SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v15
Will there be a new SPMC with Zidoo optimised Rockchip code?
Also automatic framerate switching is not working on RK3288/RK3368 Lollipop devices with SPMC 15.
(2015-09-18, 12:01)MaDWeeGiE Wrote: Is SPMC dead ? just not seeing any potential update news etc.

Good question.
Surely Koying is waiting for Isengard v15.2 to be released before creating the SPMC version. Makes sense to me.

Maybe the chap has gone on holiday/vacation.

Maybe he has a life outside Kodi.
SPMC 15 - Force close on exit on Rockchip RK3288 devices
No passthrough working
Shaking video picture with libstagefright on RK3288 latest KitKat firmware September 2015
RKStagefright, whole picture is flickering when menu is shown with airmouse, 4K videos restart device.

With Mediacodec enabled everything plays fine, but audio is out of sync.
High bitrate videos stutter.
With RKStagefright no stutter but can't watch a video with all the screen flickering.

SPMC 14.2 Passthrough works, but same issues as with SPMC 15 above.

Internal video player plays everything fine.
On June 2015 firmware everything also plays fine, but no HD Audio as with new firmware.

On RK3288/RK3368 Lollipop firmware no auto framerate switching working.

Time for an update, please.
See the github.. and change the branch to "spmc-work" and "spmc-rk" and theres a lot of activity there Wink
I hope Koying will release those SPMC's.
On latest September Rockchip firmware not a single SPMC is working.
Hope Koying will release his compiled spmc-rk SPMC apk for users to test on new RK3288/RK3368 firmware.
Not a single SPMC is working without flickering video playback and Kodi 15.2 stutters with high bitrate video playback with Mediacodec.
Q8 RK3288 (generic ebay box): SPMC 15 does not load. Crashes to desktop or hangs with black screen during loading.
Koying. Thank you very much for your dedicated efforts on the RK3xxx Processor.

It saved my google tv box USING rk3188t, , that could not play anything with or without acceleration using Kodi 13-16

I can confirm, on your latest Release, v 15.0, it works amazingly well. I need to disable all hardware acceleration, and my CPU hovers around 80% usage but the playback is smooth.

Thanks a lot.!!!
(2015-10-08, 18:12)[email protected] Wrote: Koying. Thank you very much for your dedicated efforts on the RK3xxx Processor.

It saved my google tv box USING rk3188t, , that could not play anything with or without acceleration using Kodi 13-16

I can confirm, on your latest Release, v 15.0, it works amazingly well. I need to disable all hardware acceleration, and my CPU hovers around 80% usage but the playback is smooth.

Thanks a lot.!!!
Hello. I have a tv box with the same chip. What configuration do you have on spmc?. I'm traying to stream over wifi some 1080p movies and I can't. Well...the first 30 or 40 minutes everything goes fine, but then the streaming becomes slow..audio out of synchro or buffering issues.
I think it's not an wifi issues, because if I stream to the tv box trough Universal Media Server everything goes ok.
Thanks!
My english sucks, I know...I'm sorry...
Hello!

Running SPMC on my AFTV for a few months now, and really happy with it!

I was wondering if one can add more music visualizations to it?

Any help greatly apreciated...
(2015-10-11, 23:32)centrojas Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 18:12)[email protected] Wrote: Koying. Thank you very much for your dedicated efforts on the RK3xxx Processor.

Thanks a lot.!!!
Hello. I have a tv box with the same chip. What configuration do you have on spmc?. I'm traying to stream over wifi some 1080p movies and I can't. Well...the first 30 or 40 minutes everything goes fine, but then the streaming becomes slow..audio out of synchro or buffering issues.
I think it's not an wifi issues, because if I stream to the tv box trough Universal Media Server everything goes ok.
Thanks!
My english sucks, I know...I'm sorry...

The only thing different that I did was to disable all Hardware Accelaration, even the one included with SPMC. No HW Acceleration at all.
Can I mix and match SPMC 15 and Kodi 15 devices without screwing up my MySQL database ??

I am told running 14 / 15 Kodi cant be done but asking for SPMC / Kodi 15 / 15 ??

Also.. Are AFTVs and SPMC running smooth ?? I am a bit concerned about this issue thats cropped. with my 'used to be fine' AFTVs not playing even 720p smoothly now.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=243402
(2015-10-13, 03:02)Phat Phreddy Wrote: Can I mix and match SPMC 15 and Kodi 15 devices without screwing up my MySQL database ??

I am told running 14 / 15 Kodi cant be done but asking for SPMC / Kodi 15 / 15 ??

Also.. Are AFTVs and SPMC running smooth ?? I am a bit concerned about this issue thats cropped. with my 'used to be fine' AFTVs not playing even 720p smoothly now.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=243402

Well, it's been running fine on my AFTV... Watched a 1080p movie the other day, didn't notice any problem with that and of course 720p files show fine for me.
For some reason adbFire wont push SPMC to my box.. Just says install failed and in the log I get

Quote:process time duration: 402 seconds
"./adb.exe" -s 192.168.1.111:5555 install -r "C:/Users/username/Downloads/spmc-armeabi-v7a_15.0.0_launcher.apk"
pkg: /data/local/tmp/spmc-armeabi-v7a_15.0.0_launcher.apk

Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES]

943 KB/s (60908805 bytes in 63.030s)

Inconsistent certificates ??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v150