Kodi freezes/quits kodi during refresh change.
@Memphiz ?

Hoping for a little help.

Kodi freezes/quits kodi during refresh change.

This happens in about 3/10 times.

When freezing it gets stuck on a single video frame and kodi is completely frozen, having to force quit. When this happen the refresh rate has not changed to 24hz.
When stopping a move, the refresh rate doesn't always revert back to 60hz until quitting kodi.

Other times instead of freezing i get kicked back to the desktop and kodi process stops/quits after a couple of seconds.

FYI: I'm running "Mountain Lion" but the problem is also pressent under "Yosemite".
Mac mini 2012 HD4000

Attached two logs when freezing (having to manually kill Kodi).

http://pastebin.com/9Dm4B4Py

http://pastebin.com/Gh6HSefW
(2015-07-28, 15:42)mou Wrote: Other times instead of freezing i get kicked back to the desktop and kodi process stops/quits after a couple of seconds.

Crash report from that please. I really thought we have sorted that stuff out now. But it seems really tricky in behavement depending on the used equipment (TV and/or AVR) :/
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Could you please disable that watchdog addon and see if this has any effect on your issue?

Alot of stuff going on there in the log.

1. try to increase the wait time after display refresh rate change
2. try to remove that latency stuff from your advancedsettings.xml
3. does disabling "sync to display" in settings->video->playback fix things?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi Memphiz.
First of all a big thanks for all your time and all the work you have done especially on OS X Nod

(2015-07-28, 16:24)Memphiz Wrote: Could you please disable that watchdog addon and see if this has any effect on your issue?

Alot of stuff going on there in the log.

1. try to increase the wait time after display refresh rate change
2. try to remove that latency stuff from your advancedsettings.xml
3. does disabling "sync to display" in settings->video->playback fix things?

Watchdog removed.
1: Done (10 seconds)
2: Done
3: Doesn't seems like it makes any difference (set to OFF in the logs below)

Log with Kodi freezing (having to force quit): http://pastebin.com/jja4szTi

It seems like it is related to not changing refresh rate properly every time.

The last play in this log (line 3414 on pastebin) Kodi is trying to adjust to 24hz, the screen blinks like it usually does when changing refresh rate, but the tv still reports 60hz afterwards.

http://pastebin.com/0ijHTmyv

(2015-07-28, 16:22)Memphiz Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 15:42)mou Wrote: Other times instead of freezing i get kicked back to the desktop and kodi process stops/quits after a couple of seconds.

Crash report from that please. I really thought we have sorted that stuff out now. But it seems really tricky in behavement depending on the used equipment (TV and/or AVR) :/

Unfortunately not in my setup Confused You guys got my deepest respect, can't be easy with all the different types of amps, tv's etc. Btw. my projector behaves the same way...

Log where Kodi quits: http://pastebin.com/ck3JZBew
ahh no - i need the crashreport for the unexpected quit (the one where it asks if you want to send it to apple...).
Can you easily bypass the amp in your setup and connect directly to the tv? i need to know if it switches the modes properly then. Also i have the same macmini btw (connected to yamaha avr and then to a lg tv from there) and don't see the behavior (need to try harder maybe...)
(2015-07-29, 08:49)Memphiz Wrote: ahh no - i need the crashreport for the unexpected quit (the one where it asks if you want to send it to apple...).

Ahhh... Will give it a try when i get home Smile

(2015-07-29, 08:51)Memphiz Wrote: Can you easily bypass the amp in your setup and connect directly to the tv? i need to know if it switches the modes properly then. Also i have the same macmini btw (connected to yamaha avr and then to a lg tv from there) and don't see the behavior (need to try harder maybe...)

Easily no... But may be worth a try Wink

Mini -> Denon -> LG 60Pk950 (Sound like i should have bought a yamaha instead Rofl)
@Memphiz.

Good news Blush Turns out it was my Denon amp acting up, although it's been fine for 2 years. A firmware/hardware reset cleared it all up!! Smile

Kodi is now rock solid!, no freeze, always changes refresh rate (much quicker then before), and no getting kicked to the desktop.

So can't provide a crash log, but thats a positive thing Wink

Thank you for your help and all your work! Smile
Thx for the feedback ... that makes me look with fear into the future when products get worse and worse :/
(2015-07-29, 21:58)Memphiz Wrote: Thx for the feedback ... that makes me look with fear into the future when products get worse and worse :/

Ohhhh noooo... HDMI as a standard is crazy enough as is Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi freezes/quits kodi during refresh change.0