Considering a rp2, questions...
DTS and DD are working with my LG tv, even the Pi blu-ray playback is almost perfect

I use OpenELEC 5.0.8 with KODI 14.2, but I can confirm, that a lot of trial and error was needed. My setup corresponds to the recommendations of popcornmix:
TV
Passthrough mode

Pi
codecs enabled
OMXPLAYER disabled
MMAL enabled
Audio output HDMI
Channels 2.0
Passthrough enabled
AC3 receiver enabled
DD conversion enabled
EAC3 disabled
DTS enabled
(2015-08-07, 21:44)zehner Wrote: DTS and DD are working with my LG tv, even the Pi blu-ray playback is almost perfect
I use OpenELEC 5.0.8 with KODI 14.2, but I can confirm, that a lot of trial and error was needed. My setup corresponds to the recommendations of popcornmix:
TV
Passthrough mode

Pi
codecs enabled
OMXPLAYER disabled
MMAL enabled
Audio output HDMI
Channels 2.0
Passthrough enabled
AC3 receiver enabled
DD conversion enabled
EAC3 disabled
DTS enabled
I don't have all those options running Kodi via Boxee but I've tried the same settings as you that I do have and couldn't get more than 2.0 out of my TV. Here's the list of audio my TV can decode. Strange that it can't handle this... unless I'm reading wrong?
I don't know the specifics of Boxee, until now I've only used linux and android htpcs. Some android boxes had problems with DTS, perhaps Boxee can't playback these files, too? You can check the capabilities of your box with samples from http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/

My settings are Pi specific, perhaps you won't find some of them on your platform

"codecs enabled" means, that I've bought the VC1 and MPEG2 codecs for my Pi, OMX and MMAL are the possible video players for the Pi, but you should find the remaining settings under System -> Audio (at least in expert mode)
I received my rpi2 today, I'll try again to go through HDMI only, passing the audio through via my TV's optical audio. But I can't see why it would work if it failed on my Boxee install. I still don't get why it didn't work though considering that my TV, as I showed above has no problem with AC3 and DTS.
(2015-08-11, 11:29)tinpanalley Wrote: I received my rpi2 today, I'll try again to go through HDMI only, passing the audio through via my TV's optical audio. But I can't see why it would work if it failed on my Boxee install. I still don't get why it didn't work though considering that my TV, as I showed above has no problem with AC3 and DTS.

Your TV almost certainly doesn't support DTS *passthrough*. Very few TV's do. Read this.
Passthrough is quite a different capability from DTS *decode* from the internal video player of TV (from a technical and licensing perspective).
(2015-08-11, 12:31)popcornmix Wrote: Your TV almost certainly doesn't support DTS *passthrough*. Very few TV's do. Read this.
Passthrough is quite a different capability from DTS *decode* from the internal video player of TV (from a technical and licensing perspective).
Ok, cool, thanks. I didn't think so, none of my tests with any device were working. I'll get that optical add-on board instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Considering a rp2, questions...0