• 3(current)
Release WABC Programs
(2016-04-30, 19:45)kodaksmith Wrote: First, thank you learningit for creating this great add-on. Your work is much appreciated.

Now on to the issue - Castle not displayed in WABC Programs add-on v3.0.3.

Previously the TV show Castle used to display in the list of TV shows. Unfortunately Castle is no longer shown on my Kodi system with WABC Programs add-on v3.0.3. On the ABC web site Castle is still shown and is available.

Is this missing Castle issue something that can be fixed?

Not really. It's a trade-off between a few more shows and a lot more processing overhead.
Thank you for the prompt response and again for your efforts.

I looked a little deeper and Castle is shown in the list of 143 free watch episodes, but perhaps something else prevents these free episodes from being recognized.
(2016-05-01, 18:06)kodaksmith Wrote: Thank you for the prompt response and again for your efforts.

I looked a little deeper and Castle is shown in the list of 143 free watch episodes, but perhaps something else prevents these free episodes from being recognized.
It's sort of there. The link is wrong in the list of shows which is why it isn't shown. Hopefully ABC will fix that, there are frequent link problems with the page.
If the link is wrong then that would explain the issue. Hopefully ABC will fix the links for all their TV shows and episodes. Thanks for investigating. Smile
WABC will no longer load for me.
(2016-06-15, 05:55)rocko Wrote: WABC will no longer load for me.

See the problem. Will get a fix done next week.
Version 3.0.4 has been submitted to the kodi.org repo.
This should fix the current issues with the add-on.

Update should be available in a few days.
I resubmitted Version 3.0.4 to the kodi.org repo.
This should fix current issues with the add-on

Also adds the ability to add a TV Show to the library.

You need to add /home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.wabc/TV Shows/ as a video source and select content type as 'TV Shows', AFTER you add the first video from the addon to the library. Do a scan all items when you set the content type. After that, the videos should automatically get added to the library. I had to restart Kodi after setting up the video source on Android to get it to auto-scan for subsequent shows

The context menu allows you to 'Add to Library' when TV Show (not episode) is selected.

Update should be available in a few days.
20/20 not working for me, I get error to check the log.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fR_zo...sp=sharing
Other links working fine, any ideas?
Thanks
I know the thread title only mentions WABC, but this post is regarding the WNBC addon (it refers to this thread).

I tried the add to library feature, and I noticed a couple things that were not quite as consistently implemented as I've seen in other addons.
I am not a developer, and I hope this is not insulting, but I offer two suggestions for modifications to the code.

There is one file that is modified: plugin.video.wnbc/resources/lib/scraper.py.

The section of the code that I modified follows:
Code:
def doFunction(self, url):
      func = url[0:2]
      url  = url[2:]
      if func == 'AL':
          name  = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Title')
          profile = self.addon.getAddonInfo('profile').decode(UTF8)
#          moviesDir  = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(profile,'TV Shows'))
          moviesDir  = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(profile,'TVShows'))
          movieDir  = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(moviesDir, name))
          if not os.path.isdir(movieDir):
              os.makedirs(movieDir)
          ilist = []
          ilist = self.getAddonEpisodes(url, ilist, getFileData = True)
          for season, episode, url in ilist:
#              se = 'S%sE%s' % (str(season), str(episode))
              se = 'S%02dE%02d' % (int(season), int(episode))
              xurl = '%s?mode=GV&url=%s' % (sys.argv[0], qp(url))
              strmFile = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(movieDir, se+'.strm'))
              with open(strmFile, 'w') as outfile:
                  outfile.write(xurl)        
      json_cmd = '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.Scan", "params": {"directory":"%s/"},"id":1}' % movieDir.replace('\\','/')
      jsonRespond = xbmc.executeJSONRPC(json_cmd)

It seems a bit more consistent with the naming of the "TVShows" directory, and it zero-pads the .strm files.
At least that was my goal.

Thanks for the addon!
There are definitely a number of issues with what I'm doing and they will go away when these temporary routines are integrated into my library module.

I'm more interested in understanding why you feel the changes you made are necessary. They don't seem to fix any problems that I'm aware of and actually create some issues for shows with more than 99 episodes. Once scanned into the library, why are you concerned with naming of things? The changes that you offer don't fix or improve the scanning of the episodes (which do have other issues currently), so I'm at loss as to why you feel any of this is the least bit important.

Also scratching my head about why you put a post about WNBC in the WABC thread.
V3.0.6 fixes the playback issues and adds some content. Not much 1080 available at this point.

A PR has been issued for the kodi.org repo. Should update in a few days.
Hi guys, I can't seem to locate the repo. Could someone please walk me through? Thanks
Hi learningit,
Since the new versions of abc and abc family were released, they only work on one device for me (pi3, krypton). I also have versions of kodi on windows (jarvis), iOS (jarvis) and mac (krypton) and all give errors when trying to play episodes. Currently outside US, but have access to smart DNS and VPN (doesn't make a difference which is used). Can't understand why it now works fine on one device but not the rest.
Here is the windows log, could you have a look?
Thanks
It looks like the source website doesn't like the way your VPN works, it is rejecting a request. I am not able to help with that, don't know much about VPNs.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WABC Programs1