Difficulty Installing Kodi.tv onto Samsung Note 10.1 N8010
Hi!

I managed to install kodi.tv onto my Htc M8 from Playstore, when I tried to install onto my Samsung Note 10.1 N8010, Playstore tells me that my device is not supported. I checked online, and the Equinos 4412 chipset in my tablet is supported, so I'm not too sure why it won't work? Also from doing a Google search, I found someone selling my exact tablet preloaded with kodi.tv.

What have I forgotten? What am I doing wrong? I've literally discovered this amazing piece of software a few hours ago.

Thanks in advance
Is it running at least Android 4.2?
I have KODI Isengard running on the SGN 10.1 2014 edition, as I recall others complained KODI would not install on the 2013 edition units. I think the issue is that newer versions of KODI require android 4.2 or higher and your unit may only have 4.03? Upgrade? I think you can get 4.4.2 for it now. Or install older versions of XBMC or KODI or google to see if older versions work on it. There may even be a custom build. Google it. Your processor must also support NEON for KODI to work, unless someone has a custom version for that too.
That did the trick guys! For some reason, the Software Update on my tablet did not work (It'd keep telling me "Your software is up to date", and I was stuck with Android 4.1.2....

I just assumed Samsung stopped creating updates as my tablet is reasonably old. I had to download Kies which is their PC software, and update the tablet through that. Once I got to 4.4.2, I managed to install Kodi from the website and it works perfectly.

Many thanks for your help. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Difficulty Installing Kodi.tv onto Samsung Note 10.1 N80100