• 27(current)
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)
very quick question. i read somewhere that xbmcmythtv only supports mpeg2 recordings, but i also read that's not true. could someone please clarify? i cannot for the life of me get xbmcmythtv to play my recordings and i'm now wondering whether it's because they're mpeg4.

thanks,
phill
the xbmcmythtv python scripts just instruct xbmc to playback certain files... so the scripts can play back whatever xbmc supports. if you are having problems with play back, i would recommend recording your shows with the myth tv default of mpeg2 (xbmc supports that for sure). people were having problems when they setup transcoding to rtjpeg and mpeg4.

one of the first tests you should do when setting up xbmcmythtv is access your myth tv backend smb shared folder directly through xbmc and try playing back a random .nuv file (e.g. 1052_20050411193000_20050411200000.nuv). if that works, then you have a good chance of getting xbmcmythtv to work as well...
Exclamation 
first of all, this is great. thanks to all those developers :bowdown:

encountering a problem with livetv, program guide and status

got the 0.17 mythtv release.

got 20050406 cvs build of xbmc.

got 0.17.2 xbmcmythtv python scripts.

i am able to watch recordings (asks me if i want to use commercial skippings first) then i can hit 'play' and voila it plays! great.

but pressing livetv takes me to a screen with 'refresh' on the left and a box at the bottom of my screen with no data filled. there is a '1/0' just above this box on the right which changes to '1/1' when i click the bottom button of the control pad, no live tv appears. is 1/0 and 1/1 to do with encoders on my backend? (i have 2 encoders).

could anyone tell me of the possible problems. have looked at logs, there doesn't seem to be anything in there that is obviously wrong?

regards

a
no, the 1/0 and 1/1 are the pages that the list control thinks exist.

the live tv screen should display a list of channels and the programs currently showing on the channels in the area above the 1/0 or 1/1. the box below should show the details of the current list row hilighted. when you select a list entry, it should allow you to watch the show. if the list is empty, then i have to assume that the getprogramlistings() function in mythtv.py is returning no values. you can try manually running the query against your database to see if it is a data problem. also, you should be able to run the mythtvlivetv.py script manually and get a lot more debug information if you have your xbmc logging level set to 1.
i had a simular issue as androo, after i looked at the query i realized it relies on the xbox's time being set correctly.

ultimatly the front end wants to be synced with the mythtv backend, perhaps we could pull the time from it insted of the xbox clock?
don't you guys run a timeserver (ntpd) to sync your xbox clock with the real world? that's what i do... Smile
ive had so many builds in and out in the last couple weeks i cant be bothered to go through the settings every time i change it... only after i get a good stable build and the ui changes are comming all the time atm...
(loto_bak @ april 15 2005,02:52 Wrote:ive had so many builds in and out in the last couple weeks i cant be bothered to go through the settings every time i change it... only after i get a good stable build and the ui changes are comming all the time atm...
huh? setting what up? theres no settings that need to be changed for the xbmcmythtv python script to use ntp. run ntpd on a server on your network, usually your router/firewall/dhcp server..when the xbox turns on and get its ip from the dhcp server, it can also sync up with your ntp server.....or if thats too much to do, just google for a time server in your timezone and pop that ip/hostname into xbmc.
i sorted my problem with invalid channels. it turned out that i had an extra channel in my channels.conf for xmltv listings. so when i ran a mythfilldatabase it populated the channel table with this non existant channel hence no channel number.

i've removed it and things are back to normal. still not perfect but i think thats the qualilty of my signal i get a lot of issues with crashes and lockups. i'm getting someone in to upgrade my aerial next week so hopefully i'll be sorted. this has become an obsession!

madtw any idea how i would resort the live tv list by channel number instead of aphabethically?
madtw: just wanted to give you a follow up on the commerical skipping problem i had. i recompiled a new xbmc and loaded the latest xbmcmthytv script and it now works. i don't know what is different between this compile and the last one but it now works. great job.
sigtom,
xbmc's default configuration has ntp disabled. when im swapping multiple builds a day i dont bother customizing all my settings 5 times a day...
hmm....seems like the issues of not having your clock set correctly would outweight the 5 seconds of time it takes to enable ntp.
hi all,

i'm having problems with program guide and status page. this is what i get in the xbmc.log fisrt for the guide, the second part when i activate status. i use mythtv cvs from 3 weeks ago and xbmcmythtv from cvs, xbmc from a couple of days ago: build 2005.0411). has anybody suggestions?

thanks, henk

15-04-2005 23:02:31 info file "q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvmain.py", line 60, in oncontrol

15-04-2005 23:02:31 info mythtvguide.showwindow()

15-04-2005 23:02:31 info file "q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvguide.py", line 30, in showwindow

15-04-2005 23:02:31 info win.loadguide()

15-04-2005 23:02:31 info file "q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvguide.py", line 466, in loadguide

15-04-2005 23:02:31 info int( self.channels[self.startchan].channum() ),

15-04-2005 23:02:31 info valueerror: invalid literal for int(): se13

15-04-2005 23:02:38 debug loadlibrarya('unicodedata.pyd')

15-04-2005 23:02:38 debug executing entrypoint at: 0x10325bb - dll: unicodedata.pyd

15-04-2005 23:02:38 debug loadlibrary('unicodedata.pyd') returning: 0xb38460

15-04-2005 23:02:38 debug kernel32!getprocaddress(0xb38460, 'initunicodedata') => 0x10324b0

15-04-2005 23:02:41 error unable to locate window with id -10000. check skin files

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info traceback (most recent call last):

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info file "q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvmain.py", line 64, in oncontrol

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info mythtvstatus.showwindow()

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info file "q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvstatus.py", line 30, in showwindow

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info win.refresh()

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info file "q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\mythtvstatus.py", line 86, in refresh

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info self.controls['subscription'].control.addlabel( \

15-04-2005 23:02:41 info typeerror: argument 1 must be unicode or str
as mentioned in a previous post, i usually avoid the cvs builds of myth tv so it is hard for me to debug these problems. if you want to get around this issue, you could comment out the line that sets the subscription text.

as for the guide problem, it looks like your channum field in the database contains a non-numeric channel number "se13". last time i checked most tvs have numbers for channels and then there might be a call sign that is non-numeric. perhaps your database got populated incorrectly or your part of the world is just different. if your part of the world is different, then how the guide retrieves program data will have to change because at the moment it relies on a range of channel numbers.
question: is it possible to reconfigure the remote control keys
so that fast forward is 30 seconds or 60 seconds etc... ?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)0