TheCocktailDB.com - An Open Cocktail Database with API
(2019-11-22, 22:41)Charlie-Green Wrote: Hi!
First, I want to thank you for this simple and enchanting API. I found TheCocktailDB API most suitable to practice RestAPI calls using Retrofit-2, so I'm currently developing a sample Android client for it.
The app persists all drinks and ingredients in a local database. When syncing to the online database, it does the following:
1. Fetches a whole list of drinks (using search by first letter for each letter from 'a' to 'z'. If you know a better approach, please, let me know).
2. For each ingredient in each drink, checks for existance of this ingredient in the local database. If missing, tries to fetch it from the online database.
Thus, sooner or later the app queries for any ingredient mentioned in at least one drink recipe. And this runs into an issue: a small part of the ingredients cannot be found.
This is the list of those missing ingredients:
Bailey's irish cream
Creme de Mure
Olive Brine
Pineapple Syrup
St. Germain
Lavender
Bailey's irish cream is especially important because my app found more than 1 occurance of it.
Please, consider adding these ingredients to the database, or let me know if it is impossible or if I'm doing something wrong.
Once again, thank you for TheCocktailDB, as well as for your future reply.

Thanks! Yes these ingredients seem to have entered the database with slightly different names.

I have normalized the ingredient name entries now and hopefully it works again!

The images and descriptions already exist so hopefully that is everything.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheCocktailDB.com - An Open Cocktail Database with API - by docwra - 2019-11-25, 11:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheCocktailDB.com - An Open Cocktail Database with API2