Thread Closed? Why
I am not sure why this thread was closed.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234033

I have still not received an actual answer to the questions that I posed. I also see that several of the posts were deleted. I was able to see them from email subscription. I really just want to understand if I need to put in a username and password for the Donor features. I have donated, but never received any additional info.

I am not really sure why Lunatixz is being so elusive on this subject. I am not concerned about the small donation. I like the work, I just want to test it out more fully.

I am not sure that I will do much more on this forum if this is the kind of welcome that one receives.

Thanks, Jereme
(2015-08-14, 16:03)mhancoc7 Wrote: I am not sure why this thread was closed.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234033

I have still not received an actual answer to the questions that I posed. I also see that several of the posts were deleted. I was able to see them from email subscription. I really just want to understand if I need to put in a username and password for the Donor features. I have donated, but never received any additional info.

I am not really sure why Lunatixz is being so elusive on this subject. I am not concerned about the small donation. I like the work, I just want to test it out more fully.

I am not sure that I will do much more on this forum if this is the kind of welcome that one receives.

Thanks, Jereme

The fact you flat out refuse to respect my instructions posted in my thread, is why...

Donations* for this addon gratefully accepted. To receive your login information please email [email protected] with the subject: Donation and include the date and email of donation. Please wait 7-10 business days, Thank You. Please Visit PseudoTVLive.com for details. Do Not! Post in the forum regarding donations and thank you gifts they are voluntary*.
*Donations do not obligate me to provide a service. This isn't a membership, service or subscription, if you donate, it should be considered as such a "Donation" with no perceived obligations on my part. Your login is a thank you gift, do not confuse it as purchase or goods owed to you.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Why are you being such a jerk? You responded to the other poster's questions, but really never gave clear instructions in my mind. I have been very civil. I am not sure what your issue is, but you need to get over yourself.

I like what you have done, but that doesn't give you the right to be a jerk.

Can you just let me know if I need a username/password in the Donor features section?

I have looked back at the original thread closely and you never directly answered my questions. You seem to be angry and I am sorry about that. However, I have done nothing but praise your work and ask a very simple question.

Now, I imagine you are going to delete this post and close this thread. That is fine I suppose. I will just move on with my day.

Jereme
I just saw that you added the quote from your instructions.

However, I never saw that post anywhere. You can't assume that people read every single post in a forum and will never ask a question that you have already answered. Seriously?!
You cant expect people not to get annoyed when the question they answered gets asked again.

So what should the questioner expect when they see that their question was actually answered but they dont bother to apologise to the answerer for calling them a jerk, and instead seems to blame the answerer for the questioners poor cognition?
(2015-08-14, 16:49)Karnagious Wrote: You cant expect people not to get annoyed when the question they answered gets asked again.

So what should the questioner expect when they see that their question was actually answered but they dont bother to apologise to the answerer for calling them a jerk, and instead seems to blame the answerer for the questioners poor cognition?

I understand the feeling. I have run forums on large projects before. I get it! However, it is not like he came back to my question and pointed it out. Instead he ignored me and argued with the other posters and deleted their posts and then closed the thread. If he would have just came back with "this has already been answered in this tread..." I would have been like... "Sorry my bad".

However, his attitude is still off putting. The fact is people are going to have questions and may not find the answer from a search. I actually did several searches and didn't find anything before asking. I also emailed the email on the paypal donation with no response before asking.

So yes I am sorry that I didn't find the answer. However, I stand by the fact that he is being a jerk.
(2015-08-14, 16:55)mhancoc7 Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 16:49)Karnagious Wrote: You cant expect people not to get annoyed when the question they answered gets asked again.

I understand the feeling. I have run forums on large projects before. I get it! However, it is not like he came back to my question and pointed it out. Instead he ignored me and argued with the other posters and deleted their posts and then closed the thread. If he would have just came back with "this has already been answered in this tread..." I would have been like... "Sorry my bad".

However, his attitude is still off putting. The fact is people are going to have questions and may not find the answer from a search. I actually did several searches and didn't find anything before asking. I also emailed the email on the paypal donation with no response before asking.

So yes I am sorry that I didn't find the answer. However, I stand by the fact that he is being a jerk.

What makes more sense to you? I give up every moment of my free time to answer every repeat question? Or you do your due diligence and read my posts...

Most users get it.... Others treat me like a servant, here at their Beck and call, its a crazy way to show your appreciation Sad
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-08-14, 18:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 16:55)mhancoc7 Wrote:

What makes more sense to you? I give up every moment of my free time to answer every repeat question? Or you do your due diligence and read my posts...

Most users get it.... Others treat me like a servant, here at their Beck and call, its a crazy way to show your appreciation Sad

I get it! I ran the development of an entire Linux OS for several years. It was very difficult to keep up with all of the development as well as the "customer service" for something that was free.

The only issue that I have is that when I asked instead of just posting something like this.

"I have already posted instructions here <url>. Please be sure to read through and if you have any questions please PM me once you have enough posts to do so.".

Then I would have been very grateful. Instead you ignored my question and argued with other posters, deleted their posts since they were not to your liking, and then closed the thread. Also, I had already sent an email to the address that Paypal had listed as the contribution organizer. I have not heard a word.

I have since followed the instructions and I look forward to my username and password so I can get on with trying things out. However, as I see that you have left room in your instructions so that you don't have to actually send me anything for my donation I don't expect to see an email.

I just don't really understand why some forums seem to have a smug attitude to anyone new who may ask a question that has already been answered. I really do get it. I generally don't need to ask for help. However, after multiple searches and not finding anything other than what appeared to be outdated info, and after sending an email to the email that I made the donation to, and after registering for an account on your website (which seems to do nothing really) I decided to just ask. Now I feel unwelcome. I also feel like because I decided to not put up with the smug attitude I am being viewed as the one in the wrong.

I feel like this is a waste of everyone's time. I hope to see my username and password soon. If not I will take that as a message that I should move on. I love Kodi and use it throughout my house. I hope to eventually get into developing for it as I really enjoy building addons for projects. However, I prefer to be a part of a community that feels inclusive. I do not have the patience to be treated like I am an annoyance to anyone's busy schedule.

Also just to respond to how people treat you like a servant. I just asked a question that could have been answered in one post. Now we have gone through 2 threads when all that was needed was someone to point me to the instructions that are buried at the bottom of the sticky thread for the the addon. I really wished I would have found it sooner. However, I honestly don't believe that I am the only one that doesn't find this process intuitive.

Jereme

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thread Closed? Why0