Android Fire TV Help?!
To me it sounds like you are not using a supported addon. You will not get help you here if your using an unsupported addon

http://kodi.wiki/view/Unsupported_add-on

If the addon is to watch movies and tv shows over the internet, then its probably not supported and more and more talk about it will get you banned.

Just trying to help out Smile

Cheers!
ok without going into things we cannot talk about what about a technical question on kodi. Do various platforms such as firestick and pi use different ports to retrieve data. What ports do kodi on firestick need open to work correctly. Hopefully this does not breach any rules.
(2015-08-21, 23:23)kegnkiwi Wrote: ok without going into things we cannot talk about what about a technical question on kodi. Do various platforms such as firestick and pi use different ports to retrieve data. What ports do kodi on firestick need open to work correctly. Hopefully this does not breach any rules.

Not that I'm aware of. I wouldn't think that the ports would change per device.
Well I think my next move then is the take the fire stick to a house that has a different isp and try it there that way I will know if there a certain ports being blocked in the router.

p.s lazyduffer sorry for kinda hyjacking you thread.
Up early this morning to test a theory, I set up a personal hotsport using my smartphone running on a 4g network. Changed the network setting in the firestick to the hotsport and connected Bang... straight though not issues all working as should be. So looks like a port is being blocked in my home router maybe over wifi only.Lazy duffer could you try this or take you stick to a house where they use a different isp and router to you to check.

I now need to fnd out what port kodi uses to access repos so I can unblock it in my router.
My issues is resolved it was down the the bt router smart set up blocking the port. See the links below on how to resolve.

Have you tried any of these.
How do I connect my device only to the 5GHz wireless channel on the Hub 4 or Hub 5? | Help | BT.com Help
Switching Smart Setup on and off on the BT Home Hub 4 or Hub 5 | Help | BT.com Help

The one below resolved my issue.

Script/Plugin Errors with BT Infinity/Broadband Users | DroidplayerDroidplayer
Sorry not had chance to check forum over the weekend, thanks a bunch Kegnkiwi someone else I know has just said the exact same thing about BT hub smart setup as he has same setup as me and same issue.

Going to change this as soon as I get home Smile Thanks for your help though, much appreciated!
I've just turned mine off and still having problems.......any ideas
People reading this should be aware of the limits of the the fire tv stick it simply it not powerful enough for the HD world we live in. Upgrage to the 2nd gen box which will do everything you want it to with no issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Help?!0