Python not building
(2016-08-05, 03:17)Milhouse Wrote: I just ran the scripts on a fresh project directory, no .git.conf, no .ssh, and didn't experience any errors or problems - every repository and every patch downloaded as it should, and within a few minutes I've started building LibreELEC for x86_64.

Without details of the errors you saw I have no idea what the problem is with pvr.stalker, this repository is using https so does not require an ssh key (besides which, the latest scripts avoid using those urls that require keys so you should never need a public key while cloning).

It's unlikely to be an Github authentication rate limit issue as building x86 makes very few Github API requests (unlike building pi1/pi2).

Weird maybe it was just the time of day than. Ill post my log as soon as I get this build done. Its 50% now.
Build failed. Here is the log. Assuming its just the internet again. Odd.

http://pastebin.com/UdxCdZGe

Can't believe I've starting this again. I waited all night to get a failed build. :-(
Yep, just looks like network errors. In this case you should restart the build with "PROFILE=x86 ./build.sh --log log.job1" once your network issue is resolved - this avoids resetting the repository which may introduce changes that will cause the build to fail later.

If your network is flaky, you could try downloading all the packages before building:
Code:
cd LibreELEC.tv
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 tools/download-tool --all

If you restart the build with "PROFILE=x86 ./autobuild.sh" this will reset the repository and it's likely the build will then fail because various commits have been merged to Kodi master since you started your last build and these new merges will cause conflicts, in which case you need to refresh lepull.dat and ipatches.dat from oebuild.tar.gz before re-running autobuild.sh.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-05, 19:42)Milhouse Wrote: Yep, just looks like network errors. In this case you should restart the build with "PROFILE=x86 ./build.sh --log log.job1" once your network issue is resolved - this avoids resetting the repository which may introduce changes that will cause the build to fail later.

If your network is flaky, you could try downloading all the packages before building:
Code:
cd LibreELEC.tv
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 tools/download-tool --all

If you restart the build with "PROFILE=x86 ./autobuild.sh" this will reset the repository and it's likely the build will then fail because various commits have been merged to Kodi master since you started your last build and these new merges will cause conflicts, in which case you need to refresh lepull.dat and ipatches.dat from oebuild.tar.gz before re-running autobuild.sh.

I will try that if it fails a 4th time. I did start again but also remembered to update your scripts before I ran the build so it should work,
Code:
wget -q www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xzf -
&
echo "=master forwardPatch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_legacy_hardware.txt" >> ./lepull.dat

I hope this is it, its my 3rd attempt. 55% now...
Ok build completed and installed. Running great except the skin I had on my 16.1 install wont work in 17. Ive tried to remove it but it still loads and deleting guisettings.xml has not worked either. Ideas?
Start with a clean .kodi, or delete the skin file from .kodi/addons and you should default to Estuary, or see if your skin has a Krypton compatible version on github.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-06, 18:25)Milhouse Wrote: Start with a clean .kodi, or delete the skin file from .kodi/addons and you should default to Estuary, or see if your skin has a Krypton compatible version on github.

I'll have to try it by hooking up the hd to my mac. I could not use file manager to delete it only rename which did not work. I could go back and delete all of the old settings but Id rather not if I can avoid that. THX
Just login to LibreELEC with ssh (username: root, password: libreelec), no need for file managers or hooking the HDD up to another machine.

Edit: If you deleted guisettings.xml while Kodi is still running then that's not going to work, as Kodi is going to write out the same guisettings.xml file when it shuts down as the file you just deleted. The only way to delete guisettings.xml is with ssh - first you have to stop kodi ("systemctl stop kodi") and then you delete guisettings.xml, so that next time Kodi is started it starts with all default settings.
Duh I was messing with the .xbmc folder.. no wonder. Ok once I got into the.kodi folder it crashed due to permission errors and reinstalled the old skin again but I deleted the .guisettings again and wallah it worked. This new skin is sweet. You guys making the permission fixing back-end is awesome. That must be new as I have never seen it do that. Its like OSX fixing it automatically when permissions are wrong. Awesome!
Full build instructions for LibreElec first time build. This is mostly Milhouses readme with added instructions for first time users. Hope this helps anyone who is struggling to build there own LibreElec with custom hardware support.
Get a github ID.. Sign up at github.com

Install Ubuntu minimal 54mb 1604 build make sure ssh is installed along with xubuntu minimal. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Instal.../MinimalCD Once installed open terminal in the gui and do the following:

1.1 Configure git (change user.name/user.email as appropriate) both steps are required.

$ sudo apt-get install git
$ git config --global user.name "YourGithubUsername"
$ git config --global user.email "[email protected]"
$ git config --global push.default simple

Setup git so you don’t hit download limit of free users.
$ nano ~/.git.conf

GIT_USERNAME="YourusernameHere"
GIT_PASSWORD="YourpasswordHere"

1.2 Ubuntu dependencies, added gedit incase you don't want to use nano you can use gedit and the default browser does not seem to work so firefox was used, these are optional:
$ sudo apt-get install curl g++ gawk gperf xsltproc xfonts-utils default-jre libncurses5-dev texinfo ccache u-boot-tools python python3 firefox gedit

1.3 Environment setup:

$ cd ~
$ mkdir projects
$ cd projects
$ sudo apt-get install pv pxz pigz pastebinit patchutils
$ git clone git://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
$ wget -q http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xvz

2. Configure your details in ~/projects/build.conf:
$ mv build.conf.sample build.conf

2.1 Edit build.conf. This is the step where you change profile. If you wish, set a default profile with the following entry (pi2 is an example):
[ -z "${PROFILE}" ] && PROFILE=pi2
"PROFILE=multi-master" will build both pi1 and pi2
$ nano ~/projects/build.conf
Or $ gedit ~/projects/build.conf

2.2 Add support for other hardware or make edits for driver support. You can also remove support to speed up build. This legacy hardware txt is below and adds support for geforce series 7 and SIL680 IDE card. This maybe a request for help on the forums. However you may also find methods online to add support for your hardware. This script is here as an example of the edits needed to add such support.
$ echo "=master forwardPatch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...rdware.txt" >> ./lepull.dat

3. Start building:

cd ~/projects
PROFILE=multi-master ./autobuild.sh

ECHO LEGACY HARDWARE TXT file for support of Geforce Series 7 & SIL680 RAID/IDE CARD.

Code:
diff --git a/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/package.mk b/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/package.mk
index 3609de7..ab4fd95 100644
--- a/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/package.mk
+++ b/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/package.mk
@@ -17,7 +17,7 @@
################################################################################

PKG_NAME="xf86-video-nvidia-legacy"
-PKG_VERSION="340.96"
+PKG_VERSION="304.131"
PKG_REV="1"
PKG_ARCH="x86_64"
PKG_LICENSE="nonfree"
diff --git a/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/patches/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy-0001-kernel-4.6-fix.patch b/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/patches/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy-0001-kernel-4.6-fix.patch
index 74c668d..54ecb0d 100644
--- a/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/patches/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy-0001-kernel-4.6-fix.patch
+++ b/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/patches/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy-0001-kernel-4.6-fix.patch
@@ -1,30 +1,55 @@
---- a/kernel/os-mlock.c    2015-11-08 21:43:39.000000000 -0800
-+++ b/kernel/os-mlock.c    2016-04-18 15:09:59.940350210 -0700
-@@ -49,7 +49,7 @@
+diff -Naur a/kernel/nv-mlock.c b/kernel/nv-mlock.c
+--- a/kernel/nv-mlock.c    2015-11-09 05:44:13.000000000 +0000
++++ b/kernel/nv-mlock.c    2016-05-27 09:34:30.000000000 +0100
+@@ -49,8 +49,13 @@
      }

down_read(&mm->mmap_sem);
--    ret = get_user_pages(current, mm, (unsigned long)address,
-+    ret = get_user_pages((unsigned long)address,
++#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(4, 6, 0)
+     ret = get_user_pages(current, mm, (unsigned long)address,
              page_count, write, force, user_pages, NULL);
++#else
++    ret = get_user_pages_remote(current, mm, (unsigned long)address,
++            page_count, write, force, user_pages, NULL);
++#endif
      up_read(&mm->mmap_sem);
      pinned = ret;
-@@ -62,7 +62,7 @@
+
+@@ -62,7 +67,11 @@
      else if (pinned < page_count)
      {
          for (i = 0; i < pinned; i++)
--            page_cache_release(user_pages[i]);
+             page_cache_release(user_pages[i]);
++#else
+            put_page(user_pages[i]);
++#endif
          os_free_mem(user_pages);
          return RM_ERR_INVALID_ADDRESS;
      }
-@@ -114,7 +114,7 @@
+@@ -80,7 +89,11 @@
+             {
+                 pci_unmap_page(dev, pte_array[j],
+                         PAGE_SIZE, PCI_DMA_BIDIRECTIONAL);
+-                page_cache_release(user_pages[j]);
++            page_cache_release(user_pages[j]);
++#else
++            put_page(user_pages[j]);
++#endif
+             }
+             os_free_mem(user_pages);
+             return RM_ERR_OPERATING_SYSTEM;
+@@ -114,7 +127,11 @@
                  PAGE_SIZE, PCI_DMA_BIDIRECTIONAL);
          if (write)
              set_page_dirty_lock(user_pages[i]);
-        page_cache_release(user_pages[i]);
-+        put_page(user_pages[i]);
++            page_cache_release(user_pages[i]);
++#else
++            put_page(user_pages[i]);
++#endif
      }

os_free_mem(user_pages);
-
diff --git a/projects/Generic/linux/linux.x86_64.conf b/projects/Generic/linux/linux.x86_64.conf
index 8a78117..61fbcf4 100644
--- a/projects/Generic/linux/linux.x86_64.conf
+++ b/projects/Generic/linux/linux.x86_64.conf
@@ -1449,7 +1449,7 @@ CONFIG_PATA_MARVELL=y
# CONFIG_PATA_RDC is not set
# CONFIG_PATA_SCH is not set
# CONFIG_PATA_SERVERWORKS is not set
-# CONFIG_PATA_SIL680 is not set
+CONFIG_PATA_SIL680=y
CONFIG_PATA_SIS=y
# CONFIG_PATA_TOSHIBA is not set
# CONFIG_PATA_TRIFLEX is not set
(2016-08-09, 19:59)madhits Wrote: 3. Start building:

cd ~/projects
PROFILE=multi-master ./autobuild.sh

You might want to mention that "PROFILE=multi-master" will build both pi1 and pi2 concurrently.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python not building0