• 19(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
(2016-02-21, 22:54)SimonC Wrote: Thanks I will try that but things are just strange. First there is the problem I mentioned above, at least it wasn't in 2.3.0. Dig a bit deeper into other options I find the Backgrounds option which has "Setup section backgrounds", tried this and it actually gave me a proper dialog box where I could navigate to the proper folder and select an image. Unfortunately doing this does not set the background image for that section.

The other strange thing, is mouse movement. When the mouse is placed over the main menu bar it automatically brings up the submenu for where ever section is highlighted. Making it impossible to select an item from the main menu with a mouse. Is that some new feature?
Will test the backgrounds, but I haven't changed anything about them lately.

This skin has limited support for mouse/touch. There is a skin setting to show the submenu all the time. I recommend turning this on for all mouse/touch users.
(2016-02-21, 23:06)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 22:54)SimonC Wrote: Thanks I will try that but things are just strange. First there is the problem I mentioned above, at least it wasn't in 2.3.0. Dig a bit deeper into other options I find the Backgrounds option which has "Setup section backgrounds", tried this and it actually gave me a proper dialog box where I could navigate to the proper folder and select an image. Unfortunately doing this does not set the background image for that section.

The other strange thing, is mouse movement. When the mouse is placed over the main menu bar it automatically brings up the submenu for where ever section is highlighted. Making it impossible to select an item from the main menu with a mouse. Is that some new feature?
Will test the backgrounds, but I haven't changed anything about them lately.

This skin has limited support for mouse/touch. There is a skin setting to show the submenu all the time. I recommend turning this on for all mouse/touch users.

Thanks braz, turning that on fixed the mouse issues.
(2016-02-21, 22:16)BobCratchett Wrote: Add the location you want to get images from as a source in the file manager (wiki)

Thanks BobCratchett, adding the folder as a source I was able to select the image and get it working. In 2.3.0 we didn't need to add source for images, we could just navigate from the dialog box to the location so it feels like this may be a bug, or its something on my side. But it works now, thanks.
(2016-02-21, 23:20)SimonC Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 22:16)BobCratchett Wrote: Add the location you want to get images from as a source in the file manager (wiki)

Thanks BobCratchett, adding the folder as a source I was able to select the image and get it working. In 2.3.0 we didn't need to add source for images, we could just navigate from the dialog box to the location so it feels like this may be a bug, or its something on my side. But it works now, thanks.
I believe that is a difference between Kodi Isengard and Jarvis...not a bug or skin issue.
(2016-02-21, 23:39)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 23:20)SimonC Wrote:

I believe that is a difference between Kodi Isengard and Jarvis...not a bug or skin issue.

It might be, but on the other hand the dialog box used with the Backrounds>Setup section backgrounds option does not have this issue.
That's because it's actually a limitation of the python api. Mimic 3.x uses the Skin Shortcuts script to manage the main menu, including backgrounds. The image select dialog that can be accessed via the python api will only show sources that you've added to the file manager, if you've added any. (Whilst showing a nice selection of drives, home folders and the like if you haven't added any).
(2016-02-21, 23:49)BobCratchett Wrote: That's because it's actually a limitation of the python api. Mimic 3.x uses the Skin Shortcuts script to manage the main menu, including backgrounds. The image select dialog that can be accessed via the python api will only show sources that you've added to the file manager, if you've added any. (Whilst showing a nice selection of drives, home folders and the like if you haven't added any).

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the explanation. Sorry I keep going back-and-forth on this.
(2016-02-21, 23:49)BobCratchett Wrote: That's because it's actually a limitation of the python api. Mimic 3.x uses the Skin Shortcuts script to manage the main menu, including backgrounds. The image select dialog that can be accessed via the python api will only show sources that you've added to the file manager, if you've added any. (Whilst showing a nice selection of drives, home folders and the like if you haven't added any).
Thanks Bob, I couldn't remember what caused the change. Smile
(2016-02-21, 11:36)vgabor Wrote: Sorry, here is a better debug log. http://paste.ubuntu.com/15154866/
Quite a few errors, but I couldn't tell that any of them were specifically related to Artist Slideshow. You can try turning on debug logging in the Artist Slideshow settings and then generate a new debug log.
(2016-02-21, 22:16)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 20:27)mvdwetering Wrote: Also I tried to add a menu item but it seems I can only add the seperate commands (Reboot, Shutdown etc...). I cannot find the command to show the popup menu.

Change Action > Custom Action (last item in the list) and type ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)

thanks for that! it's working fine Wink
Upgraded to Jarvis (16.0) and Mimic 3.4.0 and noticed a few issues:

1) Search is gone. I need to add it back to the main menu (even as a submenu item), but not sure how. None of the options give me Search.
2) The Recently Added Videos widget is showing all movies even though I selected to only show Unplayed/Unfinished in the Skin Widgets service ver. 0.0.32).

Any help would be appreciated.
(2016-02-22, 07:25)blazer380 Wrote: Upgraded to Jarvis (16.0) and Mimic 3.4.0 and noticed a few issues:

1) Search is gone. I need to add it back to the main menu (even as a submenu item), but not sure how. None of the options give me Search.
2) The Recently Added Videos widget is showing all movies even though I selected to only show Unplayed/Unfinished in the Skin Widgets service ver. 0.0.32).

Any help would be appreciated.
1) Go to Skin Settings > Home window > Setup menus and widgets. Add a new item and browse to your program addons where you'll find Global Search.
2) Mimic doesn't use the skin widgets addon, widgets are provided by skin.helper.service. Not sure, but the easiest way to get what you want is probably to create a playlist that only shows your recent unwatched items. Then set your widget to the playlist.
Hello

Thanks for working on a centred view version - love it.

There does seem to be a issue with the submenus though - for example, if there is only one entry for a submenu then it is duplicated 5 times across the bottom.

Thanks.
Just updated to the recent github version and noticed a change in the vertical menu. How can I change the "submenu" interaction back to the old system? I cannot find a option for it? I really like the old one more

I want it back like Picture 6 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2239687
(2016-02-22, 11:22)eondesigns1138 Wrote: Hello

Thanks for working on a centred view version - love it.

There does seem to be a issue with the submenus though - for example, if there is only one entry for a submenu then it is duplicated 5 times across the bottom.

Thanks.
Yeah, it's currently a wraplist. Will look into changing to the way Aeon Nox does it.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3