library problem
Hi to everybody,
I am a new user Kodi and I have problems with the management of the library.
I use a tv box in android.
1) I have all my movies and cartoons on external usb pen drive and kodi not display my usb pen driveConfused
It assumes that it is a temporary storage and so when you click on add videos, then browse, he did not appear in the list.
To add it as a source I have to go digging for the root system of android to find mount point pen drive (all this somewhat technical).
Kodi same problem with windows, I installed on the computer for testing.
2) And again, the films that they are not in the database "the movie database", are not displayed when you click on movies!
I would like to see all my films which are in my sourcesBig Grin
Thanks for help.
1.) I'm not 100% sure on this one but its probably just related to the way android handles a USB drive? That is assuming you are using an OTG cable since most android devices do not have a native way to plug in a USB.

2) So you are adding your actual Movie folder as a source?

example. Lets assume your USB drive is E:

Source = E:\movies\ or something similar.
Inside the movies folder you have the movie files or are they in separate folders like..

E:\movies\Movie1\movie.mp4

If they are in separate folders which are named you need to make sure you are ticking the option that your movies are in separate folders with the name and make sure you are selecting scanning recursively.

With that said you need to make sure your "Source" directory is the root of your movies and that your movies are named in a manor that the scraper can pick them up.

Example: E:\movies\2001 A Space Odyssey (1968)\2001 A Space Odyssey (1968).mkv

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library problem0