[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin
downloading now.
I love this skin - I just would like to be able to hide some of the buttons/options on the main screen as I do not have all those items - i.e. - home control, shoutcast, etc. I actually would like to change a few of them. Can you tell me which xml file these might be located in so I can make some changes.

I do have one question about the skin - it doesn't seem like there is a "now playing" screen like PM3 has - am I missing this somewhere?

Thanks in advance. Nice work.
bronco28 Wrote:I love this skin - I just would like to be able to hide some of the buttons/options on the main screen as I do not have all those items - i.e. - home control, shoutcast, etc. I actually would like to change a few of them. Can you tell me which xml file these might be located in so I can make some changes.

I do have one question about the skin - it doesn't seem like there is a "now playing" screen like PM3 has - am I missing this somewhere?

Thanks in advance. Nice work.

Thank you for the compliment. I really liked PM3 and just wanted to maintain the integrity of the original skin while adding a few features and making it more efficient for my uses.

You can see the XMLs that I modified within each folder. Just look for any files that end in .orig - these are the originals of the files I mod'd... from here you can change the files. You are likely to want to look at Home.xml to change the buttons in the button scroller.

The Now Playing screen is there, unmodified... I have not deleted any screens from the PM3 that comes with the builds.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thanks again. I do see all the button dialog in the Home file. Just a quick question - as I know enough about xml to get me in trouble. If I don't want to delete your button information but would just like it so they weren't visible do I put <visibile> no <visible> as noted below?

</button>
<button id="5">
<visible> No <visible>
<description>TV Shows</description>
<label>TV Shows</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,TV Shows)</onclick>
</button>

Thanks again. I love the mods you have made - trying to customize it a bit more for myself.
Hi Affini,

Great job on the skin mods ... very nice indeed.

Would you consider placing your version of everything required to run the skin in SourceForge or other location? Would make it easier to update/build as you make enhancements.

Cheers,

KZ
I have not changed the skin in a long while and do not plan to make any more mods to it. I like the way it is. I only add background images for the home screen if/when I find new ones I like.
Thumbs Up 
No major changes just compatibility and a few visual tweaks.

download link

tested with XBMC-SVN_2007-07-30_rev9731-T3CH
I get an incompatible skin warning (using a build from yesterday) and the skin is unselectable...weird
I have not tested it with anything in the past few days, I know they changed some things but I think it should work. Make sure you have the skin.xml file in there. See a previous post on this thread for more info.
The skin.xml is in there (which shows skin version as 2.1)..... odd
You can send me your build and I can test it r wait until the next T3CH build to come out on Sunday.
actually i got the same problem
same problem here .
I'm running the 2007-07-30_rev9731-T3CH build and I also get the compatability warning and the skin is unselectable.
think I figured out the issue... the skin was incomplete in the RAR. Try this new link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PTRAF5F

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin0