Linux - RE: HOW-TO: Install Kodi 17.x (Krypton) on Fedora 26 Using RPMFusion Packages

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yugo Offline
Hello,

I have installed kodi on fedora 26, following more or less the how-to. Thanks for it.

Instead of uninstalling firewalld, I opened port 8080.

Code:
firewallctl zone --permanent FedoraServer add rich-rule 'rule family="ipv4" source address="192.168.0.0/24" port port="8080" protocol="tcp" accept'

This was enough for the remote server and for kore to work.
find quote
wirerydr Offline
(2017-08-08 22:07)yugo Wrote:  Hello,

I have installed kodi on fedora 26, following more or less the how-to. Thanks for it.
Thanks for the feedback, yugo - glad the Wiki was useful for you. I will be updating it for Fedora 26 in the near future. I was holding off until I could finish exploring whether I could get get the nascent Wayland fork of Kodi (PKerling's GSoC 2017 project) up and running on Fedora 26 without a full-blown Gnome desktop setup. I'm finding this more difficult to achieve than I had originally hoped, so I'll update the Wiki with Fedora 26 under tried-and-true X11 for now.

(2017-08-08 22:07)yugo Wrote:  Instead of uninstalling firewalld, I opened port 8080.

Code:
firewallctl zone --permanent FedoraServer add rich-rule 'rule family="ipv4" source address="192.168.0.0/24" port port="8080" protocol="tcp" accept'

This was enough for the remote server and for kore to work.
Seems reasonable. If you're not worried about things like SMB, NFS, AirPlay, miniDLNA, etc., then TCP on port 8080 should be fine. When updating the Wiki for F26 I'll add this in for those who only care about remote-control / web-control. Actually, I suppose eventually I should take a closer look at whether or not packages like Samba automatically open up the firewall appropriately during their installation scripts...

Thanks, yugo.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-11 04:19 by wirerydr.)
find quote
wirerydr Offline
The Wiki has been updated for Fedora 26, and also incorporates yugo's suggestion above about only enabling TCP port 8080 (for Kodi remote-control) instead of fully disabling Firewalld (thanks again).

Cheers - Wire
find quote
wirerydr Offline
The wiki has been updated from Kodi 17.3 to 17.4.

Cheers - WireRydr
find quote