OpenElec/Kodi And BluRay ISOs
Google has not turned up a solid answer so I thought I'd try a post here. I'm new to Kodi, so I don't know if I am experience a common problem or something that is going to require some troubleshooting.

I'm having trouble with BluRay ISOs. The image freezes when the chapter changes. It sounds like the audio starts early and then the video pauses long enough for it to sink. I'm also having issues with the audio being slightly out of sync with the video and stuttering with BluRay ISOs.

MKVs are working perfectly, but the majority of my library is ISO.

Is this a known issue? Is there something that needs to be configured to make ISOs work properly?
I cannot help you but you might want to mention your computer hardware and network specs in detail along with more information about the blu ray ISO files, like how they were made and their size. Good Luck
Thanks for the reply!

I'm running Kodi + OpenElec on an Asus Chrombox that I bough new about a month ago. It's a 64 bit, 1.4 GHz, and 2 GB of ram. I'm streaming these ISOs from an unraid server over a Gigabit lan. The ISOs were ripped using AnyDVD with no compression. Files range from 25 GB to 50 GB I would guess. I used ClownBD to rip only the main feature in some of my ISOs, but I have the same issues whether it's the entire disc on ISO or just the main feature.
To eliminate any network issues or settings, I would try playing one of those ISO files connected locally (USB) with a flash or external hard drive.
I'll have to dig up a drive large enough. I'll give it a try, but I have to admit I doubt it's the network considering MKVs stream fine.
Instead of ISO why not remux them?
The loss i minimal in my opinion.

I can fire up an ISO later with openelec as i have to update it anyway.
This box is normaly running kodibuntu A-10 based CPU.

This box have no problem at all to play bluray iso with those i have ripped (anydvd)
Except of the Kodi client, I have nearly the same configuration and nearly the same usecase (Kodi on Ubuntu, unraid, BR-ISO, shared via NFS) and all works fine for me. So it´s not a common problem.

Checking if the files play fine locally would be the first test. If this works, then check your network. If you use SMB, try switching to NFS. In my case, I use both. NFS for Linux and SMB shares for windows.

If local playback fails, too, get us a Debug Log, please.
Did a quick test with a br using few days old git and I managed to sort of freeze vid (it advanced a couple of frames then pauses a few seconds).

I triggered this by selecting a chapter near the end which worked then selected one near start = issue.

This is on HD pre decrypted and it sometimes takes longer to trigger than this log.

http://pastebin.ca/3160335

Of course I am not using a "proper" set up so you may wish to ignore.

This br is what I would call nice = the main feature is all one m2ts. (where nasty is main feature as multiple m2ts with pts/something discontinuities at boundaries)
I realize setting up an NFS share is not a Kodi issue, but could someone give me pointers on how to do that?

I still don't have a drive large enough to test files locally, so I'll keep eliminating networking issues assuming that's the problem until I do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec/Kodi And BluRay ISOs0