Isengard safe to uninstall orphaned dependencies?
Hi

I have just noticed I have lots of add-ons listed in the orphaned dependencies area, is it safe to uninstall all of these add-ons?

Thanks
(2015-09-10, 11:15)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I have just noticed I have lots of add-ons listed in the orphaned dependencies area, is it safe to uninstall all of these add-ons?

Thanks

I don't do c++, but I took a look at the code to try to understand. This was added via PR #5862. Logic was added to AddonsDirectory.cpp that seem to be like this:

There is a boolean function "IsOrphaned". Logic is if an addon is a "system addon" or "user-installed addon" it is never orphaned. Otherwise all installed addons are checked and if any one of these has the subject addon as a dependency it is not an orphan. After going through all installed addons without being a dependency, Is Orphaned returns true.

So I guess the answer is yes, you can uninstall an orphan.

scott s.
That's correct. The orphaned dependencies area was specifically added for this reason; to make it easier to find the ones you can safely uninstall, because it's not automatic yet. Dependencies that are not safe to remove are not possible to uninstall. Try it! It will pop up a list a addons that depends on it instead.
Thanks guys I will un-install these add-ons then.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard safe to uninstall orphaned dependencies?0