Linux [KODIBUNTU] Does not shutdown (only reboot)
I searched a fair amount and couldn't really find anyone else with the same problem (one person and it doesn't seem to be resolved..)

I'm on Kodi 15.1...and I can't actually shutdown Kodibuntu without pushing the power button on the HTPC itself. If I click "shutdown" from the power menu, it just reboots/restarts. Everything else works fine (exit, etc.). Any idea what could be causing this?
(2015-09-13, 05:47)truthlesshero Wrote: I searched a fair amount and couldn't really find anyone else with the same problem (one person and it doesn't seem to be resolved..)

I'm on Kodi 15.1...and I can't actually shutdown Kodibuntu without pushing the power button on the HTPC itself. If I click "shutdown" from the power menu, it just reboots/restarts. Everything else works fine (exit, etc.). Any idea what could be causing this?

I got the same problem... Got no problem with OpenElec though, it only seems to be kodibuntu (which is a shame as it seems to run better on my htpc)
Not sure if this may be at fault with you as well, but my problem ended up being a setting in the bios. I had to turn off all "wake" options (wake on lan, usb, etc.) and then it was able to shut down. Kind of a bummer I had to choose between a wake command and kodibuntu shutting down properly, but it is what it is i guess.
(2016-03-06, 14:35)truthlesshero Wrote: Not sure if this may be at fault with you as well, but my problem ended up being a setting in the bios. I had to turn off all "wake" options (wake on lan, usb, etc.) and then it was able to shut down. Kind of a bummer I had to choose between a wake command and kodibuntu shutting down properly, but it is what it is i guess.

Sounds odd Confused why would it only affect kodibuntu and not openelec?
have you checked the "shutdown function" in the kodi power saving settings:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Power_saving

What option is set there?
(2016-03-06, 22:09)David1977 Wrote: have you checked the "shutdown function" in the kodi power saving settings:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Power_saving

What option is set there?

I have installed openelec again on the htpc with the problem, got another htpc in the bedroom running kodiubuntu which haven't got the problem but I checked the options and neither of the options is reboot so do you really think that could be the problem?
So I just installed kodibuntu once again and I tested the bios things.... And it turns out that if i disabled "PCI Devices Power On" the htpc will not power itself on again so now it will power off when I press power off in Kodi Smile (my motherboard is a Asrock Z68M-ITX/HT in case anyone was wondering)
I can confirm I have same problem when shutting down. Kodi 15.2 Kodibuntu. Must shut down with the button on my NUC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[KODIBUNTU] Does not shutdown (only reboot)0