• 21(current)
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
Hahaha always the same spiel. Why do manufacturers sell stuff that not only has still got loads of bugs - but also missing the main selling point. A 3D player that does not play 3D.
It is like a Dejavu, when I got my A-400, which was a complete desaster for many months.

Now threads will be full of people complaining. Why not wait till 3D is fixed and then start selling.
Just plain silly. Confused
Mylo75, if you want 3D, get HiMedia Q5 or RPi2. Both are equally good, so get whichever fits your needs better.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-06, 18:33)Skank Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 18:30)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 18:27)mirror88 Wrote: just in kodi now,internal player not need to force on tv 3D sbs mode
and in kodi,We will fix it

With explorer and using the internal player 3D.ISO framepacked didn't work for me.

Video: https://youtu.be/ZQ7EDeGPX4Y

i'm not that sure they will fix it

Mirror88 , why did you say 3d iso worked, but now it doesnt. Havent you guys tested this before shouting it worked?

I really really want to know from mirror88 why he claimed 3d iso worked if it doesnt... Its not hard tot test that.
Updated 3D comparison chart in the 3D player options thread.

couto or anyone else with Gecko, could use your help to fill in info.

(2015-10-06, 21:50)Skank Wrote: I really really want to know from mirror88 why he claimed 3d iso worked if it doesnt... Its not hard tot test that.
That was a mistake on his/her part obviously. I think 3D ISO support will be added as HiMedia H8, which has the same Reaktek chip, can do 3D. But, I did read on Futeko forum that Zidoo=Kaiboer. Latter was not known for good support, but hopefully Zidoo (even if rebranded Kaiboer) comes through.
My HT
Hi all, any findings on 2D picture quality? I'm currently using a 2011 WDTV Live, but recently it has developed some stability issues. Do these devices have similar picture quality? I just ordered an X6 because I really want to try out Kodi and I like the promise of compatibility with a Logitech Harmony remote (which I use). I do own a 3D hd tv, but my surround receiver isn't capable of passing through 3D. So my main focus will be on 2D material...
(2015-10-06, 21:59)hdmkv Wrote: Updated 3D comparison chart in the 3D player options thread.

(2015-10-06, 21:50)Skank Wrote: I really really want to know from mirror88 why he claimed 3d iso worked if it doesnt... Its not hard tot test that.
That was a mistake on his/her part obviously. I think 3D ISO support will be added as HiMedia H8, which has the same Rockchip, can do 3D.

It should have been added before the device was release.
2 weeks ago, a lot of us was asking question on if the player support 3D.ISO playback.

Their engineers should have enough time to implement it.

PS: It only took popcornmix one or two days to add their source code to RPi2 to get 3D.ISO to work.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-10-06, 21:59)hdmkv Wrote: Updated 3D comparison chart in the 3D player options thread.

That was a mistake on his/her part obviously. I think 3D ISO support will be added as HiMedia H8, which has the same Reaktek chip, can do 3D. But, I did read on Futeko forum that Zidoo=Kaiboer. Latter was not known for good support, but hopefully Zidoo (even if rebranded Kaiboer) comes through.

A mistake? Thats slightly underestimated.
Its a huge mistake! If it wont be added
(2015-10-06, 22:17)Ddevries Wrote: Hi all, any findings on 2D picture quality? I'm currently using a 2011 WDTV Live, but recently it has developed some stability issues. Do these devices have similar picture quality? I just ordered an X6 because I really want to try out Kodi and I like the promise of compatibility with a Logitech Harmony remote (which I use). I do own a 3D hd tv, but my surround receiver isn't capable of passing through 3D. So my main focus will be on 2D material...

This is an upgrade compare to 2011 WDTV Live,If you are going to use it play 2D movies,you should be fine.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-10-06, 20:46)hdmkv Wrote: Mylo75, if you want 3D, get HiMedia Q5 or RPi2. Both are equally good, so get whichever fits your needs better.

I already have a rpi2. Big Grin

But was just looking something with a little more power.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
Q5 is a bit more powerful in comparison to RPi2. If X6 fixes 3D and 23.976, then it'll be an even more powerful option. Have a feeling they'll fix 3D, but unsure about 23.976 w/o Rockchip. And, Rockchip's support record isn't good.
My HT
They said they tested it and it was only showing as SBS in the posted video because of the capture card. Apparently that wasn't true.
(2015-10-07, 04:00)Stereodude Wrote:
They said they tested it and it was only showing as SBS in the posted video because of the capture card. Apparently that wasn't true.

You are correct!

Capture Card
Guys, there is a confusion between framepacking/mvc/sbs.

Frame packing is a way to transfer 3d over HDMI to the tv. I don't know any box doing this (maybe the rpi2,not sure)

What we are speaking about here is decoding of MVC (a codec) from 3d iso to sbs, which another way to transfer 3d to the tv.

I understand this box properly decodes MVC to sbs, so you should be able to manually set your TV in 3d sbs mode. It did on my previous Samsung, not so much on my current Sony though.

All that's needed here is a way for the box to tell the TV that what it's sending is 3d sbs, which is no black magic.
Works the same way in Kodi for aml for any sbs encoded 3d file.
(2015-10-07, 07:28)Koying Wrote: Guys, there is a confusion between framepacking/mvc/sbs.

Frame packing is a way to transfer 3d over HDMI to the tv. I don't know any box doing this (maybe the rpi2,not sure)

What we are speaking about here is decoding of MVC (a codec) from 3d iso to sbs, which another way to transfer 3d to the tv.

I understand this box properly decodes MVC to sbs, so you should be able to manually set your TV in 3d sbs mode. It did on my previous Samsung, not so much on my current Sony though.

All that's needed here is a way for the box to tell the TV that what it's sending is 3d sbs, which is no black magic.
Works the same way in Kodi for aml for any sbs encoded 3d file.
I said:"Now Completed the two way 1080P decoding",It mean 3D ISO MVC decoding is ok.If I don't have a mistake,the rpi2's 3D function is based on zidoo source.
Maybe they think the output must be 1920*2160 for framepacked is true 3D.
I'm stupid,I thought the other box have done that in kodi.
HDMI 1.4a 3D standard is 1920x2205 (there is an active blanking space that separates the frames) for frame packed 3D output (full high def. 3D). I believe the players listed in the 3D thread all output frame packed 3D - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956377
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)5