• 23(current)
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
Hi,all
Our engineers are checking the 23.976 issus, I think I'll have some good news to share here soon.
And we'll have a technical meeting tomorrow,discuss the framepack 3D in kodi is possibility of implementation,Our engineer told me:It's not just a issus of kodi,Must modify the surfaceflinger of native android and GPU compose.
Whatever,we have properly decoded the 3D ISO in kodi, which is the most important.
No idea what "modify the surfaceflinger of native android and GPU compose" means Big Grin, but thanks, keep us posted.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Proper 23.976 is great for me! I get my X6 tomorrow so looking forward to trying it out
(2015-10-07, 16:42)hdmkv Wrote: No idea what "modify the surfaceflinger of native android and GPU compose" means Big Grin, but thanks, keep us posted.

I don't understand, I saw your tested on X6, many of the performance is good, even more than most of the other boxes.now just because play 3D iso by SBS in kodi(even most of the other boxes not have this feature.), X6 in your eyes is a shit.sad... It's a First impressions are strongest?
Thumbs Up 
Mirror88, thx for your support in this forum.

(2015-10-07, 16:33)mirror88 Wrote: Hi,all
Our engineers are checking the 23.976 issus, I think I'll have some good news to share here soon.
And we'll have a technical meeting tomorrow,discuss the framepack 3D in kodi is possibility of implementation,Our engineer told me:It's not just a issus of kodi,Must modify the surfaceflinger of native android and GPU compose.
Whatever,we have properly decoded the 3D ISO in kodi, which is the most important.
(2015-10-07, 17:09)Eltax1693 Wrote: Mirror88, thx for your support in this forum.

(2015-10-07, 16:33)mirror88 Wrote: Hi,all

You welcome.
We just want to make a good product
(2015-10-07, 17:08)mirror88 Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 16:42)hdmkv Wrote: No idea what "modify the surfaceflinger of native android and GPU compose" means Big Grin, but thanks, keep us posted.

I don't understand, I saw your tested on X6, many of the performance is good, even more than most of the other boxes.now just because play 3D iso by SBS in kodi(even most of the other boxes not have this feature.), X6 in your eyes is a shit.sad... It's a First impressions are strongest?

3D.ISO is very important for most user in this Forum,it is one of the features that lacking in Kodi with proper implementation.

It Zidoo X6 Pro doesn't support 3D.ISO frame-packed and it only play 2D or SBS 3D most user in this forum will ignore it,because there are other option that already do that {Chromebox w/Openelec}

There are some features of Zidoo X6 that i like,but the most important thing is 3D support.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Yes its bad...
Able to play 3d iso was your marketing
If it doesnt do it right... your android box is like 10.000 other android boxes... worthless for 3d iso
And since you stated your box does 3d iso... well you know...
The only android box that does 3d iso is highmedia Q5/Q10/M3 with external player
(2015-10-07, 17:18)Skank Wrote:

Yes its bad...
Able to play 3d iso was your marketing
If it doesnt do it right... your android box is like 10.000 other android boxes... worthless for 3d iso
And since you stated your box does 3d iso... well you know...
The only android box that does 3d iso is highmedia Q5/Q10/M3 with external player
And ZIDOO X9 Smile.X9 support famepacked MVC 3D in native player,HEVC 10bit,4K/H.264 150Mbps Bitrate.And it has better quality.
4K Output and Video Playback Capability Tested on 6 ARM based mini PCs and Boards
Vidon Box is the only Android box with 3D playback within Kodi and the other boxes uses external player.

Too Bad VidOn violate the GPL agreement(Not releasing their source code)
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-10-07, 17:24)movie78 Wrote: Vidon Box is the only Android box with 3D playback within Kodi and the other boxes uses external player.

I accept. So we will try to improve the X6
(2015-10-07, 17:08)mirror88 Wrote: I don't understand, I saw your tested on X6, many of the performance is good, even more than most of the other boxes.now just because play 3D iso by SBS in kodi(even most of the other boxes not have this feature.), X6 in your eyes is a shit.sad... It's a First impressions are strongest?
Never said or implied X6 as being 'a shit'. Trying to help you and Zidoo dev team by identifying issues to address first, and not dismissing this player as several already have.

My 3D players comparison chart and initial impressions of X6 are based on expectations that the following 3 aspects (prerequisites) are present/working: Kodi + full 3D + HD audio. As heavily promoted on your site and elsewhere prominently, and promised as working in these forums, right now full 3D is a zero. This is a big miss by Zidoo, or you should have at least said it is being worked on and not let all of believe it was already working. Re: HD audio, PCM 7.1 is passed as 2.0, but thankfully DTS-MA, TrueHD and ATMOS pass fine.

So, in light of these issues, I gave X6 a 'C' grade for now. Once 3D is working, and properly so via Kodi, I'll bump up the grade to B+, and once 23.976 is supported, likely an A. Need to test further on PQ judgment.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-07, 17:34)mirror88 Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 17:24)movie78 Wrote: Vidon Box is the only Android box with 3D playback within Kodi and the other boxes uses external player.

I accept. So we will try to improve the X6

If you want to win these audience, you have something as soon as possible.
Because there is always something around the corner.Cool
(2015-10-07, 17:39)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 17:08)mirror88 Wrote: I don't understand, I saw your tested on X6, many of the performance is good, even more than most of the other boxes.now just because play 3D iso by SBS in kodi(even most of the other boxes not have this feature.), X6 in your eyes is a shit.sad... It's a First impressions are strongest?
Never said or implied X6 as being 'a shit'. Trying to help you and Zidoo by identifying issues to address first, and not dismissing this player as several already have.

My 3D players comparison chart and initial impressions of X6 are based on expectations that the following 3 aspects (prerequisites) are there: Kodi + full 3D + HD audio. As heavily promoted on your site and elsewhere prominently, and promised as working in these forums, right now 3D is a zero. This is a big miss by Zidoo, or you should have at least said it is being worked on and not let all of believe it was already working. Re: HD audio, PCM 7.1 is passed as 2.0, but thankfully DTS-MA, TrueHD and ATMOS pass fine.

So, in light of these issues, I gave X6 a 'C' grade for now. Once 3D is working, and properly so via Kodi, I'll bump up the grade to B+, and once 23.976 is supported, likely an A. Need to test further on PQ judgment.
Okay,We'll check the LPCM issus.It's not zero,proper decode 3D MVC is the most important step.The next step is to achieve framepack(output is 1920*2160)
(2015-10-07, 13:47)hdmkv Wrote: After Koying's posts, I'm confused. Aren't we getting full 3D to our 3D displays even if the MVC signal is decoded by RPi2, Q5, whatever to SBS, then being reassembled as frame-packed when it reaches our 3D displays? I thought we were getting full SBS via decoding, not half SBS.

If not, then none of the players in my 3D players chart/thread, maybe not even RPi2, support full 3D (2x 1080p images, left and right eye) as done by 3D Blu-ray players. What about non-Kodi players like Mede8er X3D series and Popcorn Hour A-400 series I wonder?

(2015-10-07, 14:52)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 13:47)hdmkv Wrote: After Koying's posts, I'm confused. Aren't we getting full 3D to our 3D displays even if the MVC signal is decoded by RPi2, Q5, whatever to SBS, then being reassembled as frame-packed when it reaches our 3D displays? I thought we were getting full SBS via decoding, not half SBS.

If not, then none of the players in my 3D players chart/thread, maybe not even RPi2, support full 3D (2x 1080p images, left and right eye) as done by 3D Blu-ray players. What about non-Kodi players like Mede8er X3D series and Popcorn Hour A-400 series I wonder?

I am very confuse about Koying postHuh

I hope someone can share a light on this.

Have you guys seen this explanation in avsforum about Hsbs and Full SBS
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

• 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)5