Only limited guide available
Hi,

I have set up Next PVR with Kodi on Windows 10 and can watch live TV OTA.

However, guide is very limited. Only the first channel (2) has program information available for a few days. All other channels have only less than 24 hours.

I used to run WMC on Windows 7 and guide was available in my area. Now what should I do to set this up?

Thanks
Which country are you in? If you're using the over the air EPG, then it'll show whatever is being broadcast.

Given you've got so little listings though, it sounds like you're in the US or Canada. In this part of the world most people use the Schedules Direct EPG, because the over the air EPG is next to useless, often transmitting only six hours or so of listings. Schedules Direct would give you 3+ weeks.
Schedule Direct appears to be a paid service. What's the free alterniave (I've never paid when using WMC)?

Thanks
(2015-09-21, 20:26)cheerful Wrote: Schedule Direct appears to be a paid service. What's the free alterniave (I've never paid when using WMC)?
The cost to supply the EPG data to you was a hidden cost inside your Windows license. With Win10, Microsoft is no longer paying for these listings for you.

In the past a popular free guide service in North America was mc2xml (which piggy-backed on the Microsoft WMC listings), but that was broken about a month back when Microsoft changed EPG sources. There is another free option called zap2xml, I can't tell you much more than that.

Honestly, you'll spend more than $25 of your time trying to get free listings working, the manual steps required, and the effort to keep these running over the next year. You'd probably just find easier to just use Schedules Direct.
Sub: Totally agree. The cost is irrelevant to what you get for the ease and flexibility of schedules direct. I honestly don't know why people balk at 30 dollars a year. When they probably came to the other side saving 100's a month.

Cheerful, the JSON service that sub has worked into NVPR when schedule direct is totally worth it, and literally takes seconds to set up. The mc2xml option does work outside of WMC with some other apps, but it's a pain with the scripts that have to be setup, and the maintenance of it all.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only limited guide available0