• 4(current)
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher
It works just fine now. Thanks for taking the time to fix it.

edit: Mame doesn't launch. Tomorrow, I'll go through each emulator edit this post with what works and doesn't.
(2016-01-20, 19:54)Paranoidjack Wrote: It works just fine now. Thanks for taking the time to fix it.

edit: Mame doesn't launch. Tomorrow, I'll go through each emulator edit this post with what works and doesn't.

Alright! Finally. I checked on MAME, looks like I got the name of the core wrong. It will be updated in the next release which I'll put in the repo shortly.
Update to version 1.4.1:
- Changed external launch function for android systems. Works. Finally.
- Rescraped Atari 2600 (710 Games Filtered, 1523 Games Unfiltered)
- Rescraped Game Gear (408 Games Filtered, 497 Games Unfiltered)
- Rescraped Game Boy Advance (1901 Games Filtered, 2923 Games Unfiltered - Good lord there was a large library for GBA!)
- Added best of Atari 2600
- Added best of Sega Game Gear
- Added best of Sega Master System
- Added best of Game Boy Advance
Launches on my shield now altho pad buttons/dpad don't work and back button brings up retroarch on screen menu but I'm unable to navigate it. Works fine when using retroarch outside of kodi. Anyone else experiencing this?
(2016-01-22, 14:20)Arogantis Wrote: Launches on my shield now altho pad buttons/dpad don't work and back button brings up retroarch on screen menu but I'm unable to navigate it. Works fine when using retroarch outside of kodi. Anyone else experiencing this?

Same here on Shield TV too.

That was my first try with IARL. I only achieve to run SNES games with SNES9x/SNES9X Next. Like Arogantis, when i pushed a button, I got the message from Retroarch that I use a nvidia controler but the game don't react at all. In the retroarch menu, i can't do anything. It works if i use retroarch directly.

I tried Genesis, MSX GBA, N64, Arcade but it doesn't launch the game.

Nice work anyway, need some more testing on Android, I will try to spend time on it.
(2016-01-22, 15:03)Nacros Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 14:20)Arogantis Wrote: Launches on my shield now altho pad buttons/dpad don't work and back button brings up retroarch on screen menu but I'm unable to navigate it. Works fine when using retroarch outside of kodi. Anyone else experiencing this?

That was my first try with IARL. I only achieve to run SNES games with SNES9x/SNES9X Next. Like Arogantis, when i pushed a button, I got the message from Retroarch that I use a nvidia controler but the game don't react at all. In the retroarch menu, i can't do anything. It works if i use retroarch directly.

Nice work anyway, need some more testing on Android, I will try to spend time on it.

Hmm, well the important thing is that Retroarch is launching. Thats 90% of the battle right there. I imagine that the shield version of retroarch has it's config file stored somewhere else/different.

The default launch commands load the retroarch config file from:
Code:
-e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg

If there's a different config file to load, then this part of the command will need to be updated. There's also the -appendconfig option that could be added to a command if there's a specific config for each core.
(2016-01-22, 18:35)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 15:03)Nacros Wrote:

Hmm, well the important thing is that Retroarch is launching. Thats 90% of the battle right there. I imagine that the shield version of retroarch has it's config file stored somewhere else/different.

Code:

If there's a different config file to load, then this part of the command will need to be updated. There's also the -appendconfig option that could be added to a command if there's a specific config for each core.

As I said elsewhere, the default config file for latest retroarch is located at
/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg
I copied it from there to /data/data/com.retroarch/ and IARL launch retroarch with the correct settings. You need a rooted device though.
And, zachmorris, can you point me towards the infos for the use of the appendconfig option? I want to experiment with the Amiga and Mess cores, and I think that I'll need them.
(2016-01-22, 19:19)ghizzu Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 18:35)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 15:03)Nacros Wrote: Same here on Shield TV too.

Code:

As I said elsewhere, the default config file for latest retroarch is located at
/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg
I copied it from there to /data/data/com.retroarch/ and IARL launch retroarch with the correct settings. You need a rooted device though.
And, zachmorris, can you point me towards the infos for the use of the appendconfig option? I want to experiment with the Amiga and Mess cores, and I think that I'll need them.

Well, it looks like appendconfig is an option for all other platforms, but unfortunately I dont see it for Android (here's the github source for available "intents", CONFIGFILE is the only one listed).

Not sure what Android users would want in this case, since it sounds like the location of the config file(s) could be different depending on the box your using? Options I see are as follows:
1) Just edit the external_command_database for IARL for your system to change the location of the config file to whatever you like (using a text editor on your machine).
2) I could add an addon setting that would allow the user to point to a configfile, but if the file is in a root only location, that probably wont do much good

Its possible that if the config file parameter is just removed from the command all together, it will just load from the default/correct location... But without an Android box i can't really tell.

What do all the Android users think the addon should do in this case?
Surely the user specific config file would need to be stored outside of root privilege directory with the root located one as the default which would explain why ghizzus method works because he is making a cfg that works in retroarch which is stored in an accessible directory and then he copies it to the root only directory which is where your addon reads it from.? if thats the case then option to browse to a config file would solve the problem regardless of root.

Happy to test any ideas and thanks for the awesome work so far.
At some point (maybe from version 1.2.2?) the retroarch devs decided to move the default retroarch.cfg to a non-rooted directory:
/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.retroarch/files
AKA
/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files
I think it's safe to set this one as the default cfg dir in IARL, unless you're using an older version of retroarch.
Test version of 1.4.2 is available on github (must be installed by zip currently):
- Added setting to allow Android users to define retroarch config location
- Added code to try to define Android retroarch config location if no user location is defined (addon will search for it if there isn't one defined)
- Changed external launching database to define wildcard for retroarch config file
- Added settings to allow user to view listing of games by A-Z instead of just one big list
- Added settings to allow user to hide a game archive they don’t want to see in the list
- Added advanced setting to allow user to reset all hidden archive listings
- Fixed bug when searching for ROM and playing game using retroplayer (search window would inadvertently jump in front)

If any android users are up to test this version, I'd like to verify the games now launch correctly with the config file. Any other bugs found please let me know.
Hi,

Just had few minutes to test before going back to work.

I've tested only SNES games with SNES9X next. It works wihout any new configuration on the new version. So the default new configuration for Retroarch config files works perfectly with Shield TV.

Here is a bug :
When you already have Retroarch that is running with a game. If you launch a different game from IARL, retroarch pop but with the old game, not the new one. It's necessary to go in the retroarch menu and use Quit before playing a new game. There is a workaround because i don't have this problem in Gamesome Frontend.

Thx again for the good work. Will test it more later.
Some more tests :
GBA (VBA Next) : OK
Master System, Game Gear, Genesis (Genesis core) : OK
NES (Nestopia) : OK
Arcade (MAME) : KO
N64 (Mupen) : KO
MSX (MSX.EMU fMSX ?) : KO
(2016-01-25, 14:42)Nacros Wrote: Here is a bug :
When you already have Retroarch that is running with a game. If you launch a different game from IARL, retroarch pop but with the old game, not the new one. It's necessary to go in the retroarch menu and use Quit before playing a new game. There is a workaround because i don't have this problem in Gamesome Frontend.

Thx again for the good work. Will test it more later.

I don't think the addon can do anything regarding controlling exiting Retroarch. I'd suggest looking into setup of hotkeys for retroarch to quit using a button or keyboard combination, and use that to close retroarch before starting a different game.

Thanks for reporting on what works. I'll update my compatibility list with what you post.

1.4.2 is released in the repo
Nacros: you can use xpadder to emulate "escape" key on your gamepad to exit emulation...I set it so when i push select THEN start it " push" escape key instead.... I use this with advanced launcher too and it work very well!
You set xpadder to start in hidden mode when windows start...
You have to config 2 layout in xpadder, the first is when you push select it goes to the second layout where start is escape, this way you can not push escape by accident ( if you just map escape on one button on your gamepad)
Sorry if it is not clear ...english is not my first langage...:/
Cheers!
By the way zachmorris: thank you for your work!!!!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher2