KODI Problems with QNAP TVS-863
I have KODi 14.2 running on my QNAP TVS-863 and I am experiencing issues. I have HDMI out to my Denon 4810CI AVR . I have pass through enabled with all the hi-res sound codecs checked. Have been able to play Dolby Digital, DTS and LPCM 5.1 but no DTS HD-MA. In addition whenever I raise or lower the volume on my Denon AVR the OSD breaks up on the KODI screen. I have no problem or issues playing any of these movies in DTS HD-MA 5.1 (ISO or MKV) on my OPPO or Dune Player. Any suggestions or advise?
Most likely your NAS isn't capable of bitstreaming HD soundformats. A log might tell us more, what the device is capable of. But I guess, if it isn't, we can't do anything for you. You have to ask QNAP for support as they put it on their device.
Thanks for the reply.
My Nas is definitely capable of bitstreaming HD sound formats. I am able to bitstream from the NAS to my Dune player and it plays DTS HD-MA 5.1 and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 without any issues.
The problem is only when using KODI.
Still don't know why I have the OSD issues with using KODI as well.
Will see if I can supply a log or screenshot of my settings.
Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
No it isnt...if you stream from your NAS to your dune, then the dune does the bitstreaming, as the NAS only provides the file over a network connection. So the dune cares about the audio. Not the NAS.

As you said you have kodi running _on_ your NAS, then the NAS cares about the audio, as it might have a HDMI out. So if you would provide a Debug Log finally, we could see more, what your NAS is capable of and what not. Everything else is speculation and a waste of time.

But...in either way....QNAP has to support it, as they put Kodi on your NAS....and maybe a modified version. Even Kodi 14.x is outdated and not supported anymore. So if there is any bug, it won't be fixed. Kodi devs now work on Kodi 15.2 release and early kodi 16 builds. Noone really cares about kodi 14.x anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Problems with QNAP TVS-8630