How to flash Kodi box?
I bought an Android box only and and it has 14.1 installed on it and I want to install the latest isendgard 15.1. I have done this many times before but after I download the file, I can not install it. It seems like the vendor has some code in it preventing it to be upgraded. Can someone tell me how to do this since it has old software on it. Please provide step by step instructions as I never have done this before. Thanks
Uninstall the old version and install from the Play Store on your Android box
which android box do you have, and what is the firmware on it, you need at least 4.2.2
I have the m8s box with 14.2 helix. I can't install the 15.2 isengard file since it gives me an error stating that there is a file conflict. The seller told me to flash it and I have no idea how to do that. I thought this was a simple file download and overwrite thing.
Repeating the above posts first check your Android firmware to see if it is even capable of loading any later Kodi version. As stated above it needs to be at least 4.2.2.

If it is 4.2.2 or later then uninstall any Kodi or XBMC software within the Android settings. Go to Kodi.tv and then to the Download link and install Isengard 15.2, which is now a final release without bugs.

Now load up your requirements and you are good to go.
I have 4.4.2 ...i thought that I could just download the Isengard 15.2 file and install it and that should fix the issue. It doesnt work as I get a conflict file error when I try this. I have done this on other M8S boxes without any issues but I cant get this one to update.
the exact error message is " an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed"
You need to UNINSTALL the old version of Kodi before installing the new one. A couple of people have already said this.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Problem has been fixed. Thanks
Hi mrman how did you fix the problem, I am having the same, cheers Phil
(2015-10-24, 23:59)mrrman Wrote: the exact error message is " an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed"

Same problem for me
You need to get rid of the previous install first.
Do a backup of your settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn how do I back up, will this keep all my old files & add-ons etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to flash Kodi box?0