Seasons 6-9 of The X-Files not loading in Kodi
Like the title says for some reason season 6-9 of The X-Files isn't loading into my library when I say update library. I've tried selecting update library when I have the show selected and it refuses to update. And before people say anything yes the files are named correctly. All season were grabbed from Netflix using Playon the first five season loaded just fine last week. Then when I went to load 6-9 it doesn't.

Here's my debug log. I hope I did things right. It's been awhile since I've had to get the log.
Kodi debug log
Hi! Took forever but I found your shows. You have the same naming standard throughout, so it's weird it won't pick those up. I can see where it stopped at season five in line 7258. And an error in 7266.

Your naming standard isn't the universal show.SxxEyy.EpName you have some dashes in there that also can muck things up.

Suggestion, get a program like Filebot or media companion (or others) and mass rename your files to the proper format as brought in from the TVDB. May sort you out.

I know yer gonna say, but it worked before with my current names. And you are right. Something about 6 and up it didn't like. Mass rename that show and see what happens. It won't do anything more than give you an official naming standard if it doesn't work.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Thank you for looking, at least I know where to look to see what you are talking about. I'll give your suggestion a shot. Are the dashes you mention because the show is named The X-Files? Again I'll try getting rid of the dashes and see what happens. I was curious if it was something else because I've seen several threads talking about issues with tv shows not loading into the kodi library.
awesome, post back when you change names. Personal favorite tool is Filebot. In your file you have a long dash in between x-files and season?
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
So I tried Filebot and it left the - in. All it changed was change S01E01 to S01xE01. So now the file reads as The X-Files - S01xE01 Pilot.mp4 I even used Thetvdb. Went into Kodi and seasons and episodes still don't load.
Just tried with both your re-named convention and original and neither scraped correctly (at all). Changing to The X-Files.S01E01.Pilot.mp4, worked flawlessly.

Might want to change your naming convention and filebot format syntax to the following (Match/Edit Format)

Code:
{n.upperInitial().space('.')}.{s00e00}.{t.upperInitial().space('.')}

This will provide exacts matches to the above, with periods rather than -

For some reason it doesn't like dashes.
This is frustrating. I tried that out and it won't load them that way either.
Okay so I don't know what I did but things are working at least for one season. I had to go into the video menu instead of my playlist. When I went there it showed all seasons. I told it to load the one season I renamed with Filebot and it worked and as usual the others didn't load. So I'm going through the other seasons and renaming and will see if it works. Interesting that these seasons are giving me such trouble.
So I have all seasons loaded and things are working fine. We'll see what happens whenever I load another show. I wonder if the - in X-Files was causing the problem.
Very possibly, if you changed your format string like steelman stated. Glad you got it sorted though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seasons 6-9 of The X-Files not loading in Kodi0