• 123(current)
Release NHL TV™
@eracknaphobia

For anyone using the embuary skin, there is a compatability issue with the container content in the globals.py file which has the embuary skin show the fanart instead of the game thumb when in list view. I asked the dev of embuary (back in April of 19) how to fix it, and he provided me with a solution, which I've been manually applying after each update to the nhl.tv add-on.

I hope you don't mind, but I created a pull request with the updates against your repo containing the changes so that others might get some use out of it as well (and selfishly so that I don't have to keep manually applying the changes to the globals.py file after every update). 

Here is the pull request

Thanks for your consideration!
is there a problem with the recaps since last wedesday?

Only 896x504
(2015-10-14, 18:55)eracknaphobia Wrote: ImageLatest Relase 2019.10.3
Found in My repo and The Official Kodi Repo
Watch recaps, extended highlights, live and archived full games* with NHL TV™*Requires a valid NHL TV™ account to view full Live and Archived games. Blackout and other restrictions apply, including national blackouts.FeaturesToday's Games - Jump right to the games that are on today
Yesterday's Games - Jump right to the games that were on yesterday
Goto Date - Watch archived games on a specified date, preview what games will occur on a future date
Favorite Team's Recent Games - View only your favorite teams games in the past 30 days
Favorite Team's Game Today This launches your favorite team's game and feed from the main menu
Recap & Extended Highlights - Watch highlights of archived games. Recap ~5min, Extendend Highlights ~10min (No NHL.tv account required)
Featured Videos - View latest highlights clips around the league (No NHL.tv account required)
Score Notifications - Get up to the minute score notifications of today's games no matter what you are doing in Kodi (No NHL.tv account required)
Free Game of The Day - Watch select live & archive games for free. These games will be highlighted in green (Requires an NHL.com account, which is free to create. Blackout Rules Apply)

*Please report any bugs, accompanied by a log file http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

If you've enjoyed this addon, consider buying me a beer Big Grin
Donate via Paypal

I've installed the latest build on both an Android box and LibreExec running on a Pi3.  I cannot get it to work.  I always get a "you do not have a valid account" or whatever, when I do have a subscription.  I can stream games just fine on my laptop in Brave.  Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.  I installed the add-on directly from the Kodi repository.  I have tried it also with vpn/no-vpn activated (I run this on my router not on devices) and makes no difference.  Other than putting in my credentials in the config (I have also tried logout and then logging back in without success), is there anything else I should be trying?  The logs are really sparse.
(2019-11-19, 02:51)WHamilton Wrote: is there a problem with the recaps since last wedesday?

Only 896x504

They updated their api. On PC, the recaps are finally 60fps though. Had to update my sites and apps aswell.

Since then my full games aren't 60 fps anymore despite selecting "Best available". Other settings wont start at all.

Is it possible to get an update?
@eracknaphobia

are not you here anymore?
There's an issue with the extended highlight videos themselves:

If the extended highlight video features the broadcast of the visiting away team, then the away team will win the game. This is a definitive pattern with the videos that are available through the official NHL android and iOS app.

This acts as a spoiler because when you hear the voice of the visiting team's announcers, you can be sure that it will be the visiting team winning 100 per cent of the time. There are, however, highlight videos in the NHL app that have the home team's announcers with the away team winning.

To summarize, the away broadcast is a sufficient condition (not a necessary condition) for the away team's win. There is not a single case of a highlight video with the away team's broadcast and the home team winning.

What does this have to do with this Kodi add-on? The NHL has an official YouTube playlist called "Highlights". This playlist also features condensed games/extended highlights. And here is the thing: The videos on that playlist are always of the home team's broadcast.

These official YouTube videos are separate from the videos in the official NHL app on Android or iOS. And if you ask me, they are much preferrable in that they do not contain the potential spoiler of an away team's broadcast.

An example of this is the 2 Dec 2019 game of the Las Vegas Golden Knights. Different broadcasts in Kodi (due to the NHL app) and YouTube.

So my suggestion would be to make it so that the add-on's link to the extended highlight videos always fetches the YouTube video from the official NHL "Highlights" playlist. This will always be the home team's broadcast regardless of the outcome of the game.
Seems like our posts are falling on deaf ears.  Is this Add-on still being supported?
Little update: my problems were actually due to the inputstream adaptive addon, which another app I have installed uses. Trying to get around disabling it...
Can't seem to find the edit link for my post...

I installed eracknaphobia repo and installed the NHL app (same version as the official Kodi repo) from there. Now it works without any issues.
Is anyone having issues with the Stream Quality settings? I want to run "1280x720, 6600000 bps", but I have to select this every time I play a stream. The best option to set through the addon is "HD (5600 kbps)", but I don't think this is a valid stream rate for NHL TV any more. 
Setting "Best Available" doesn't work either, the addon always plays at the lowest stream and then I need to adjust manually.

Is there a file I can edit to sort of dial in the newer values?
This is limk from eracknaphobia addon, 60 fps but 3000 kbps bitrate at extended highllights.
https://hlslive-wsczoominwestus.med.nhl....let60.m3u8

This is correct link for 60 fps 6000 kbps
https://hlslive-wsczoominwestus.med.nhl..../game.m3u8

eracknaphobia addon don't have best stream available.
I find this add on very useful to catch up on games in the UK. Due to time zone and blackout I never watch live. It would be really good to have the option to hide the length of the game, as whenever I skip the commercial breaks the game length appears on screen, and this is usually a spoiler for whether there is overtime.
I am having login issues with Kodi NHL app.  I can watch the recap versions but I cannot watch the full games.

This is what I get from the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/sacahabiro.kodi
(2020-01-19, 01:00)scharbag Wrote: I am having login issues with Kodi NHL app.  I can watch the recap versions but I cannot watch the full games.

Full log please
(2020-01-19, 01:36)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 01:00)scharbag Wrote: I am having login issues with Kodi NHL app.  I can watch the recap versions but I cannot watch the full games.

Full log please  
Here is the full log after a reboot and trying to access NHL TV for Kodi.

System is OSMC running on a Pi3.  This used to work, but suddenly it stopped.  Coincided with a change from Emby to EmbyCon.

https://paste.kodi.tv/fixozoxeti

Funny thing - the game recaps play just fine.  When I ask the system to logout of NHL TV it response with success.  Using the credentials that I have entered into Kodi with a normal browser or my phone work fine to watch full games.

Thank you for the help.

Cheers,
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NHL TV™8