"Manual Add To Database" and new video database scheme
Thanks for the help!

I did another clean reinstall (again).

Looks like the scraper is the issue. Can I find a working replacement? Is the info you posted from before or after the changes at imdb?

What is the <file></file> tag for?

Again, thank you for the help.
Smile 
Somone should make a 'local scraper' that will pull the info from filename.xml files in the same directory as the video files. Could this be done? Is it a good idea?

Thanks again.
It's already done. Name the .xml as .nfo and it will be read. This was added a couple of days back.

Latest SVN has the latest IMDb scraper. Grab it from there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sad 
First off, thanks for the help, those who have taken the time.

But, this still isn't working for me. I'll list all I have tried, the problems along the way, and maybe someone can help.

I started with a clean install of T3CH XBMC 2007-02-26 SVN rev7937.

By clean I mean I deleted all caches (E:\cache, X:\, Y:\, Z:\), deleted the entire E:\Apps\Xbmc\ folder, and both game saves related to xbmc. After this I ftp'd the above svn in a folder called 'Xbmc' to the E:\Apps.

I was getting bad data from the imdb scraper.

Following the directions above I found the most recent svn I could find, XBMC-2007-02-27-PIMPED, and did a clean instal of that. Same bad data.

I went to sourceforge and found the newest imdb.xml, and replaced the one in XBMC-2007-02-27-PIMPED.

No more bad data.

However, when trying to follow the directions in this thread to make a filename.ext.xml (specifically Fat Pizza.avi.xml for the purposes of getting it to work) which was the reason I updated in the first place, I ran into difficulty.

I tried many, many variations in the xml, and one of two things would happen when I did a manual add. If I changed xml to nfo it ignored the file. If I kept it as xml it would add the movie with no info, not even a name. I tried filename.ext.nfo and filename.nfo with the same result.

I thought I might be doing something wrong in the xxml so afte an entire day of screwing with it I finally tried taking all the movies out of the share except the one (Fat Pizza.avi) and doing a imdb lookup, and exporting the db. i then took that file, named it Fat Pizza.avi.xml and tried that. No luck- it found the xml but got no data. I took the <videodb></videodb> tag out and tried again. Same result. I then tried taking the <movie></movie> out. Same result. I then tried replacing <movie></movie> with <details><details>. Same result. No data in ever attempt.

I really can't understand what I am doing wrong. It seems to me that it would be much easier if you could select the file, select get info, and then select a scraper (like imdb, or a 'local' scraper) that had a prespecified format for the xml or nfo file it was to find. Maybe it just seems this way because I am a noob.

I also noticed a couple of things that might be bugs- the first was that in library mode any movies that only have one genre specified do not show up in when that genre is selected. ie.- Fat Pizza is a comedy, but does not show up in comedy, though other movies that have more than one genre specified do.
Also, selecting 'year' in library mode brings up a 'cannot find remote path' or something like that, though every other view works.

Sorry about the longwindedness. I thought it might pay to be thorough. If this is a bug could someone let me know so I don't drive myself insane??

The last two things seem like bugs to me at any rate.

Thanks, any hep would be appreciated.:confused2:
<details></details>Oo
The .nfo file scraping was added AFTER the 27th.

Most of the bugs there have probably been fixed since - at least I have no issues.

Please wait till you can get your hands on a version from March. If any errors persist then you will need to:

1. Isolate the problem.

2. Supply debug logs of a scan.

3. Supply filenames of the files you scanned.

4. Supply your video db file.

The video db is currently undergoing massive changes - do not expect it to be troublefree!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

How to remove the info for a movie?
jmarshal-

Thanks so much for all the help. I will wait for a later build. I'm glad it wasn't just me being an idiot.

XBMC is the most cherished piece of software I use! And no, I don not it to be problem free. I just wanted to know that I wasn't the problem.

Thanks again for all the help, and a BIG thank you to the team for all your hard work.

purespin-
if you view the movies in library mode you can select a movie and hit the (white or black?) button and it will give you the option to remove it frm the library. If I am not mistaken, the 'clean library' in the video settings will remove info for movies that you have deleted/moved. At least that is what I take to be the puspse of that dialogue. But I could be wrong.
Rudepooch Wrote:jmarshal-

XBMC is the most cherished piece of software I use! And no, I don not it to be problem free. I just wanted to know that I wasn't the problem.

Thanks again for all the help, and a BIG thank you to the team for all your hard work.
Totally agree! It's one of the software I couldn't live without it Laugh

Rudepooch Wrote:purespin-
if you view the movies in library mode you can select a movie and hit the (white or black?) button and it will give you the option to remove it frm the library. If I am not mistaken, the 'clean library' in the video settings will remove info for movies that you have deleted/moved. At least that is what I take to be the puspse of that dialogue. But I could be wrong.
Thanks. I will give it a try when I get home.
Also trying to get the nfo file lookup to work but currently not having any luck...

I am using the current t3ch build (4th of March), which appears to have the .nfo parsing included, and I have in my smb shared folder 2 files; Die Another Day.vob and Die Another Day.nfo. My question is, what action should I take in order to get the information contained in the .nfo file read into the database?

I have tried Set Content on the folder but that goes directly to IMDB and Manually Add To Database doesn't work either. Is there another way to scan the folder and automatically read the values from the .nfo file?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Smile 
I think you have to add the movie manually to the library.

If it is already added to the library throught the autoscan you can remove it by going to the library view and selecting the movie and then choosing 'remove from library' in the context menu.

after that go out of the library view into the file view, selct the movie and pick 'manually add' (something like that).

It should find it then I think.

If you have success with adding a file PLEASE add a post to that effect here. If it works I will update.

An auto scan would be better though, don't you think? I still think a local scraper would be the easiest way to go- but then, what do I know- I'm just a noob (self professed).
Once you have set content on the folder, don't run automated scan.

Then WHITE-> Movie Information on the file and it should use the .nfo, assuming it's properly formatted etc. Check the debug log otherwise.

It will also pick it up in run automated scan, just that it's easier to catch in the debug log by this method.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Rudepooch Wrote:purespin-

Yes, it works! Here is the steps:
1. Change to library mode
2. Select the movie you want
3. Hit the 'title' button on remote and select 'Remove from Library'. The information manually added to the movie is gone now.

The reason I want to remove these information is when I manually added the info via xml file, all the items are empty except the xx00000001 number. What could be the reason? syntax error in xml? How can I check?

BTW, I have manually added over 40 xml files. Only 8 of them are bad.
jmarshall Wrote:Then WHITE-> Movie Information on the file and it should use the .nfo, assuming it's properly formatted etc. Check the debug log otherwise.

Cheers,
Jonathan

How to enable the debug log?
X+Y on boot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Manual Add To Database" and new video database scheme0