"Manual Add To Database" and new video database scheme
Ok, firstly I tried the "Movie Information" option on the file and received the following error in the log file:

ERROR: Unable to find an imdb url in nfo file: smb://*Removed*/DVD Library/Die Another Day.nfo

I had created the nfo file by exporting the video detabase and stripping out just the "movie" section relating to this dvd as suggested. I also note that the export from the db also does not enter the value into the <imdbnumber> element which appeared complete in JMarshall's example in post 30.

I then modified the nfo file by hand and added the following element:

<imdb>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246460/</imdb>

The "Movie Information" option and the automated scan now both work but all the information for the film is not taken from the nfo file but is still downloaded directly from IMDB. So for example if I have a test.vob and a test.nfo and in the test.nfo I enter the details from the Die Another Day.nfo but change the <IMBD> element to the URL for the film 300 then all the information loaded into the database and displayed is for the film 300 not the locally stored info relating to Die Another Day.

Is this how it is supposed to work, which is not a particular issue as it will always automatically get the correct film from IMDB due to the correct URL being stored but will make all the other elements stored in the nfo file unnecessary?

Is there any way (or plans) to update the database automatically when a new vob/nfo is added as opposed to running the automated scan or Movie Information option?
Your nfo file must have the wrong format then. Post it here, or use the one I posted.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Up 
purespin Wrote:The reason I want to remove these information is when I manually added the info via xml file, all the items are empty except the xx00000001 number. What could be the reason? syntax error in xml? How can I check?

BTW, I have manually added over 40 xml files. Only 8 of them are bad.

The problem is solved after looking into the debug log. It showed 'access denied' error when trying to open xml file. It was my fault that the file permission of those xml files were not set correctly on my linux box. After 'chmod', every single TV series has the proper info page!
I tried manually adding a few loose movies I had lying around on my harddrive, that worked out great. But the majority of my movies is in rar format, which xbmc interprets as a folder. I don't want to include the filename.extension.xml into the rar files because that will break the svn check on the rar's and it would also be too much hassle to do this for all movies. Another issue related to this is when a rar'ed movie has two cds. Manually adding info for them will result in the movie showing up twice in the library view. A third issue is with the .nfo extension that is selected for a file to be picked up by the autoscan, is that all my movies contain an .nfo file. Couldn't the extension simply just be changed to .imdb or something similar? Anyways the new way of using scrapers and the library view is great, thanks for all the work you guys put into this. The above is just suggestions, don't get me wrong Smile

Questions : how to manually add info for files in .rar format?
(perhaps this could be solved by letting the script look in the parent folder if no moviename.ext.xml/nfo is found in the same folder?)

/cheers ninjamawwe
unless somebody changed the code it will match the avi file name to a nfo outside the archives.
That is my point spiff. Say I got a folder named myMovie. Inside it theres three folders, cd1, cd2 and sample. Also in that folder there is a file named moviename.nfo. Standard scene stuff. If the extension would be something like .imdb instead that wouldn't mess things up. Or doing a generic name like folder.imdb like how the thumbnails are read.
Thanks spiff btw Smile, (and everyone else doing a great job)!
After exporting and and chopping up the videodb.xml and putting them in their respective folders, I've gotten it to work great for all movies except for movies that contains two cds and that are compressed. How do I go about to get around this, if I follow the same method as for the other movies I get double entries in my library for the movie, and they also just link to cd1 or cd2. Can this be solved?
Solved it. For anyone else wondering, you need to enable stacking of files and transparant folders must also be enabled in the settings.
jmarshall - Thanks, I have finally worked it out. The .nfo file needs to have a carriage return at the end of the xml otherwise it just ignores the xml and looks for the URL to IMDB.

A couple of issues I have picked up:

1. When exporting from the movie DB, the cast information doesn't seem to be exported.

2. The automated scan doesn't seem to include .strm files which can only be added to the database individually through the "Movie Information" option. Is it possible to get .strm files picked up during the automated scan?

Thanks
.strm files are probably considered folders if you have playlistasfolders on (the default). They shouldn't be IMO, so hopefully that will be changed around at some point.

The first point should be fixed with the changes I did yesterday.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I have created an AdvancedSettings.xml containing:

<advancedsettings>
<playlistasfolders>false</playlistasfolders>
</advancedsettings>

This doesn't seem to have made any difference as it is till ignoring the .strm files. Is there an easy way to check whether the playlistasfolders setting is working?

In case it is something else and if it's any help then here are the entries from the logfile:

19:28:34 M: 31735808 DEBUG: DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://*Removed*/DVD%20Library
19:28:34 M: 31895552 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
19:28:35 M: 31895552 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
19:28:35 M: 31895552 DEBUG: CURL::CURL - Url has no protocol add, empty CURL created
19:28:35 M: 31895552 DEBUG: CURL::CURL - Url has no protocol .tbn, empty CURL created
19:28:35 M: 31895552 DEBUG: CURL::CURL - Url has no protocol \folder.jpg, empty CURL created

Thanks
Hi there,

I am creating a script that converts a Ant Movie Catalog XML database to an importable VideoDatabase in XBMC. What my scripts generates this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<videodb>
    <movie>
        <title>2 Fast 2 Furious</title>
        <rating>5.0</rating>
        <year>2003</year>
        <top250>0</top250>
        <season>0</season>
        <episode>0</episode>
        <votes>0</votes>
        <outline>2 Fast 2 Furious (Germany) , The Fast and the Furious 2 (USA) (working title) </outline>
        <plot>Paul Walker returns in this action filled sequel to 2001's The Fast and the Furious. Brian O'Conner (Walker) has left LA due to his illegal actions from the first movie and now soars the streets of Miami making money here and there by street racing. Watched by Customs Agent Monica Fuentes(Mendes), Brian is caught by the police and is given a deal by Agent Markham and Bilkins to go undercover and try to bring down drug lord Carter Verone (Hauser)in exchange for his criminal record to be erased. Brian agrees but only if he is given permission to choose his partner. Brian heads home to Barsto, Arizona where he recruits an old friend Roman Pearce (Tyrese)to help him. Pearce agrees but only for the same deal Brian was offered. With the help of Monica, Brian and Rome work together to take down Verone.</plot>
        <tagline>unknown</tagline>
        <runtime>107 mins.</runtime>
        <thumb>http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/57/25/28m.jpg</thumb>
        <mpaa>N.A.</mpaa>
        <watched>false</watched>
        <searchstring></searchstring>
        <file></file>
        <path></path>
        <imdbnumber>0322259</imdbnumber>
        <filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
        <genre>Action</genre>
        <credits>Gary Scott Thompson (characters) / Michael Brandt (story)</credits>
        <director>John Singleton</director>
        <premiered></premiered>
        <status></status>
        <code></code>
        <aired></aired>
        <actor>
            <name>Paul Walker</name>
            <role>Brian O'Conner</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Tyrese Gibson</name>
            <role>Roman Pearce (as Tyrese)</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Eva Mendes</name>
            <role>Monica Fuentes</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Cole Hauser</name>
            <role>Carter Verone</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Ludacris</name>
            <role>Tej (as Chris 'Ludacris' Bridges)</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Thom Barry</name>
            <role>Agent Bilkins</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>James Remar</name>
            <role>Agent Markham</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Devon Aoki</name>
            <role>Suki</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Amaury Nolasco</name>
            <role>Orange Julius</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Michael Ealy</name>
            <role>Slap Jack</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Jin Auyeung</name>
            <role>Jimmy</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Edward Finlay</name>
            <role>Agent Dunn</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Mark Boone Junior</name>
            <role>Detective Whitworth</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Matt Gallini</name>
            <role>Enrique</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Roberto 'Sanz' Sanchez</name>
            <role>Roberto</role>
        </actor>
    </movie>
</videodb>

But when I import the file in XBMC, the movie does not appear in the Database? Am I missing something?
No file and path given. You need at least the <filenameandpath> tag set I believe.

Oke, added those. I left the <file>-part open (it is also empty in all my exports from XBMC). It now looks like:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<videodb>
    <movie>
        <title>2 Fast 2 Furious</title>
        <rating>5.0</rating>
        <year>2003</year>
        <top250>0</top250>
        <season>0</season>
        <episode>0</episode>
        <votes>0</votes>
        <outline>2 Fast 2 Furious (Germany) , The Fast and the Furious 2 (USA) (working title) </outline>
        <plot>Paul Walker returns in this action filled sequel to 2001's The Fast and the Furious. Brian O'Conner (Walker) has left LA due to his illegal actions from the first movie and now soars the streets of Miami making money here and there by street racing. Watched by Customs Agent Monica Fuentes(Mendes), Brian is caught by the police and is given a deal by Agent Markham and Bilkins to go undercover and try to bring down drug lord Carter Verone (Hauser)in exchange for his criminal record to be erased. Brian agrees but only if he is given permission to choose his partner. Brian heads home to Barsto, Arizona where he recruits an old friend Roman Pearce (Tyrese)to help him. Pearce agrees but only for the same deal Brian was offered. With the help of Monica, Brian and Rome work together to take down Verone.</plot>
        <tagline>Film DVD 15</tagline>
        <runtime>107 mins.</runtime>
        <thumb>http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/57/25/28m.jpg</thumb>
        <mpaa>N.A.</mpaa>
        <watched>false</watched>
        <searchstring></searchstring>
        <file></file>
        <path>d:\2 Fast 2 Furious\</path>
        <imdbnumber>0322259</imdbnumber>
        <filenameandpath>d:\2 Fast 2 Furious\2 Fast 2 Furious.avi</filenameandpath>
        <genre>Action</genre>
        <credits>Gary Scott Thompson (characters) / Michael Brandt (story)</credits>
        <director>John Singleton</director>
        <premiered></premiered>
        <status></status>
        <code></code>
        <aired></aired>
        <actor>
            <name>Paul Walker</name>
            <role>Brian O'Conner</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Roberto 'Sanz' Sanchez</name>
            <role>Roberto</role>
        </actor>
    </movie>
</videodb>

But still no import. I get the progress bar, but no import. Could it be that the right disk should be in the drive? If so, it would make it impossible to import any movie that is not on the HD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Manual Add To Database" and new video database scheme0