• 49(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2016-06-11, 23:06)dandandandan Wrote:
(2016-06-11, 22:58)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-06-11, 22:56)dandandandan Wrote: How would i put advancedsettings.xml/passwords.xml and sources.xml there?
I have tried uploading them via itunes with no succes, i have tried putting them directly in the .deb file in the userdata folder, with no succes.
Where would i put those, is it even supported?

Probably the best way currently is to use the built in Kodi file manager

I feel stupid now.
Thanks man, appreciated.

The file manager won't show those files so you unfortunately can't easily delete them but copying the file will work
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Well unfortunately I am going to android with a Nvidia Shield and I am a developer.... Too much trouble, I'll keep the TV4 for some play but the android will get prime spot in the lounge now.
Hi there,

Firstly thanks for your work on the App Signer app, very easy to use and works very well!

I successfully had Kodi running on an ATV4 and started to get sick of replacing the application so I purchased an apple developer account. I'm trying to sign the application with the new cert/provisioning profile and using the same application identifier so I don't have to re-do the set up but it's failing when sideloading the IPA onto the ATV4.

I receive the below in the logs:

Jun 13 14:26:46 Apple-TV mobile_installation_proxy[124] <Error>: 0x16e1bb000 handle_install: Installation failed: Error Domain=LaunchServicesError Code=0 "(null)" UserInfo={Error=MismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlement, ErrorDescription=Upgrade's application-identifier entitlement string (B3D4584F84.*) does not match installed application's application-identifier string (DA6Y36QU5S.com.nitro.kodiappletv); rejecting upgrade.}

Under the project in Kodi, I am using the right account (not the one with Personal Team) and ensured I "fixed" issues. I've also tried clearing out the certificates and provisioning profiles per your first post to no avail.

To me, the issue is the fact the provisioning profile seems to be generating based on * where as on the free account it used to say com.nitro.kodiappletv but I am unsure how I can fix this.

I'd love for some feedback from people that also had this issue please? If I leave the application identifier out in the iOS App Signer box, it loads fine but it loads as a new application which I am trying to avoid if possible.

Best regards,
Adam.
I also fail to sign it with a team account. Signing works, but when i want to transfer it to my ipad xcode complains about entitelments.
Works with personal thingie.
(2016-06-13, 06:57)nitro182 Wrote: Hi there,

Firstly thanks for your work on the App Signer app, very easy to use and works very well!

I successfully had Kodi running on an ATV4 and started to get sick of replacing the application so I purchased an apple developer account. I'm trying to sign the application with the new cert/provisioning profile and using the same application identifier so I don't have to re-do the set up but it's failing when sideloading the IPA onto the ATV4.

I receive the below in the logs:

Jun 13 14:26:46 Apple-TV mobile_installation_proxy[124] <Error>: 0x16e1bb000 handle_install: Installation failed: Error Domain=LaunchServicesError Code=0 "(null)" UserInfo={Error=MismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlement, ErrorDescription=Upgrade's application-identifier entitlement string (B3D4584F84.*) does not match installed application's application-identifier string (DA6Y36QU5S.com.nitro.kodiappletv); rejecting upgrade.}

Under the project in Kodi, I am using the right account (not the one with Personal Team) and ensured I "fixed" issues. I've also tried clearing out the certificates and provisioning profiles per your first post to no avail.

To me, the issue is the fact the provisioning profile seems to be generating based on * where as on the free account it used to say com.nitro.kodiappletv but I am unsure how I can fix this.

I'd love for some feedback from people that also had this issue please? If I leave the application identifier out in the iOS App Signer box, it loads fine but it loads as a new application which I am trying to avoid if possible.

Best regards,
Adam.

You can't install an app over an existing one that is signed by another developer account

You need to remove the old Kodi to install the one with the new signature

You can download the app container and restore when you re-install though
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
hi quick question im pretty new at this ......and i was wondering can i put the kodi content and build so to speak on my apple tv 4? how or can i do that through x code thank you for your help
(2016-06-14, 05:42)srice831 Wrote: hi quick question im pretty new at this ......and i was wondering can i put the kodi content and build so to speak on my apple tv 4? how or can i do that through x code thank you for your help

The best option to install add-ons would be through Kodi itself rather than bundling them in the app bundle

It is possible to package add-ons in the bundle but not settings as far as I know...

But again, just install them through Kodi

Keep in mind that in it's current state a lot of add-ons may not work...
I can't get iOS App Signer to generate an ipa that Xcode will install on my device. I have a paid developer account and I even created a new wildcard app id and provisioning profile. I always get the "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found." error when installing the ipa to my device. I've tried using the XC wildcard provisioning profile, as well as my team wildcard provisioning profile. I've tried using my iOS distribution certificate as well, but I still get the same error.

I saw others posting about this error, saying the certificate and provisioning profile need to match. I am using the certificate I sign my released apps with. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Dan

Quick question, will the app signer app work with Xcode 8 beta, as I would love to update this along with the latest beta on my ATV but don't want to loose my kodi

Has this been tested on MacOS 10 and IOS10 dev beta yet ?
Found my answer.
(2016-06-15, 13:58)Steverae Wrote: Hi Dan

Quick question, will the app signer app work with Xcode 8 beta, as I would love to update this along with the latest beta on my ATV but don't want to loose my kodi

it does not work currently in Mac OS Sierra according to a bug report on github...

It would probably work with Xcode 8 on El Capitan though... the issue is that Apple changed the usage for the security command in Sierra

iOS 10 DP1 is definitely not a daily driver... don't know about Sierra though...
With the new tvOS coming out and being open to other apps, does anyone have any insight as to whether or not Kodi will be able to run beyond 7 days?
(2016-06-15, 19:24)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-06-15, 13:58)Steverae Wrote: Hi Dan

it does not work currently in Mac OS Sierra according to a bug report on github...

It would probably work with Xcode 8 on El Capitan though... the issue is that Apple changed the usage for the security command in Sierra

iOS 10 DP1 is definitely not a daily driver... don't know about Sierra though...

Good job I've got a stable version of Jodi running my atv4 then

My current setup is I've updated my MacBook (my dev Platform) with Xcode 7.x installed still to macos10 and I've also updated my iPhone 6s+ to ios10 dp1 too, I've got a Lodi version signed so I'll do some testing over the weekend see if I can get it working on my phone. I'll leave my atv alone as it's working fine at the moment, I'll report back on my findings

Sent from my iPhone
Jodi Smile must be Kodi's sister.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Hi I recently put kodi on my iPhone 6plus and iPad Air worked perfectly for a few days now the app won't load at all just takes loads a black screen then kicks me off back to my home screen any ideas how to sort this out? If I uninstall kodi and redo it again it works again for a few days but it's a nightmare having to redo it all the time
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8