• 58(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2016-10-15, 22:43)roondawg Wrote: Hi there Dan - Thanks for all your work on this!

Quick layman question for you....

The 7 day re-sign is a pain, but manageable - But is there any way to save my settings and reapply them to the 'fresh' install of Kodi every 7 days to avoid a lengthy setup? I couldn't figure out how to make the Backup addon within the Kodi repo back up to Google Drive or Dropbox (for restoration later). Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread and I look forward to your response Smile

Many Thanks!

If you don't remove the expired Kodi you can just install the renewed one and it'll keep the same settings.
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
@roondawg: backup to a network (samba) share. I restore kodi installed on diff o/s all from single network share, you can even restore different versions of kodi backups on top of each other - works just fine.
(2016-10-16, 22:44)redbaron101 Wrote: @roondawg: backup to a network (samba) share. I restore kodi installed on diff o/s all from single network share, you can even restore different versions of kodi backups on top of each other - works just fine.

Can you also restore in Xcode by replacing the app container with a previously backed up one? (as long as its the same version)
(2016-10-17, 17:12)spiderand Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 22:44)redbaron101 Wrote: @roondawg: backup to a network (samba) share. I restore kodi installed on diff o/s all from single network share, you can even restore different versions of kodi backups on top of each other - works just fine.

Can you also restore in Xcode by replacing the app container with a previously backed up one? (as long as its the same version)

Yes.

It will even work if you restore the data from an older version as long as nothing has changed in Kodi that would prevent it...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to install onto ATV 4.

I've followed all of the instructions several times but when it comes to choosing a provisioning profile in app signer it always says invalid provisioning profile. The one that I select also does not have the name like dan the man showed in the first instructions.

I was initially trying in Xcode 8 then tried it in 7.3 to see if that helped but it's the same problem.

Help!
I tried the sideloading procedure. It worked for me but is too much hassle.

I ended up buying MrMC. I got live tv and mySQL working. Of course there is no support for streaming plugins but I don't use those. If you just want to watch local content on a NAS I believe it is a good solution.
Thanks so much for the replies regarding saving settings. I seem to have run into a new problem where by I get this error when I try to sync the app to my phone. I've attached an image, if anyone has any ideas that would be great

http://i.imgur.com/4uvkJjR.png

Thanks Smile
Are you running the latest version of Xcode?
(2016-10-20, 20:04)roondawg Wrote: Thanks so much for the replies regarding saving settings. I seem to have run into a new problem where by I get this error when I try to sync the app to my phone. I've attached an image, if anyone has any ideas that would be great

http://i.imgur.com/4uvkJjR.png

Thanks Smile

You either chose the wrong device type (tvOS or iOS), the iPhone you're trying to sync to isn't part of the provisioning profile, or (if you have a paid account) you're using the wrong type of profile.
Can you send me a correct link to App Signer? Some reason the app signer link doesn't work. I don't know if the site is down or not.
Cna anyone send me a file or post a link or message me
Thank you.
I am trying to instal Kodi on my apple tv 3. I keep getting an error when I try to use xcode to install it saying ios version to low. it is up to date running 8.4.1 can anyone help?
Atv3 doesn't support any apps
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-16, 07:42)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 22:43)roondawg Wrote: Hi there Dan - Thanks for all your work on this!

The 7 day re-sign is a pain, but manageable - But is there any way to save my settings and reapply them to the 'fresh' install of Kodi every 7 days to avoid a lengthy setup? I couldn't figure out how to make the Backup addon within the Kodi repo back up to Google Drive or Dropbox (for restoration later). Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread and I look forward to your response Smile

Many Thanks!

If you don't remove the expired Kodi you can just install the renewed one and it'll keep the same settings.

Hi Dan. For those interested in updating their device every 7 days could you provide instructions on how to do this without deleting any changes within Kodi that we made? To this point I've just been following your instructions from the beginning which seems to wipe out the original install.
(2016-10-31, 22:02)fab138 Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 07:42)DanTheMan827 Wrote:

Many Thanks!

Hi Dan. For those interested in updating their device every 7 days could you provide instructions on how to do this without deleting any changes within Kodi that we made? To this point I've just been following your instructions from the beginning which seems to wipe out the original install.
If you don't delete the blank Xcode project you should just be able to open it back up when Kodi expires and click fix issue

Then you sign the app and install onto your Apple TV (don't delete the expired app)
i have very interesting question Smile

i have been using a paid apple dev account .

i have 100 of each device to manage for 1 year .

my question is whenever i sideload kodi .the expiration of kodi starts since the date i sideloaded

or it apply from the date i bought the account /?

thx god bless ..
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8