• 35(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
Thank you Dan,
Great work.
Dan, could you offer any help with this Error processing deb file error? Here is the relevant console log. Looks like I'm missing some sort of function within Xcode? I downloaded Xcode from the Mac App Store.

Thanks!

2016-03-19 16:28:16 Temp folder: /var/folders/rx/f3nvff6x1l796np45dtmy84h0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.eLLycb4Y
2016-03-19 16:28:16 Working directory: /var/folders/rx/f3nvff6x1l796np45dtmy84h0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.eLLycb4Y/out
2016-03-19 16:28:16 Payload directory: /var/folders/rx/f3nvff6x1l796np45dtmy84h0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.eLLycb4Y/out/Payload
2016-03-19 16:28:16 Extracting deb file
2016-03-19 16:28:16 xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

2016-03-19 16:28:16 Error processing deb file
(2016-03-20, 03:45)BuckarooToo Wrote: Dan, could you offer any help with this Error processing deb file error? Here is the relevant console log. Looks like I'm missing some sort of function within Xcode? I downloaded Xcode from the Mac App Store.

Thanks!

2016-03-19 16:28:16 Temp folder: /var/folders/rx/f3nvff6x1l796np45dtmy84h0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.eLLycb4Y
2016-03-19 16:28:16 Working directory: /var/folders/rx/f3nvff6x1l796np45dtmy84h0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.eLLycb4Y/out
2016-03-19 16:28:16 Payload directory: /var/folders/rx/f3nvff6x1l796np45dtmy84h0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.eLLycb4Y/out/Payload
2016-03-19 16:28:16 Extracting deb file
2016-03-19 16:28:16 xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

2016-03-19 16:28:16 Error processing deb file

Run
Code:
xcode-select --install
in terminal
That did it! Thanks much!
Can one use IOS stable build (v16) for ATV4? I installed nightly build and some of the repos and addons do not update.

Please assist.
(2016-03-20, 20:58)Googs Wrote: Can one use IOS stable build (v16) for ATV4? I installed nightly build and some of the repos and addons do not update.

Please assist.

Nope, not possible

The ATV4 build isn't very stable at the moment for addons.

Try the January 14th build for tvOS that may work better with addons (and it may not...)

Just don't ask for support if you have problems with old builds (or addons even on new builds)
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Any plans for Top Shelf support on Apple TV 4 with this Kodi build? Instead of a large image maybe movie posters, tv shows etc should be displayed on the top shelf home screen of apple tv?
Top Shelf support works, if you know what you're doing. And if you don't, please don't post here.
(2016-03-21, 15:31)Jakeround98 Wrote: Any plans for Top Shelf support on Apple TV 4 with this Kodi build? Instead of a large image maybe movie posters, tv shows etc should be displayed on the top shelf home screen of apple tv?

(2016-03-21, 18:40)keith Wrote: Top Shelf support works, if you know what you're doing. And if you don't, please don't post here.

Yes, it does.

How to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 with working top shelf
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
DanTheMan827 - I installed Kodi onto my iPad4 a few months ago using your instructions. A few days ago I started getting a "This app is no longer available" error when I tried to start Kodi. I do not have a paid apple developer account. I went the free route. I'm guessing the 3 months expired and that's why I am getting this error (either that or upgrading from 9.2 to 9.2.1 a few days prior to that did it - but Kodi worked after the 9.2.1 upgrade).

Anyway I am trying to redo it again on my iPad4. I downloaded v18 of your App Signer, v16 of the Kodi deb file and followed your instructions once again. Started xCode and my Kodi project. The Fix Issue error is displaying by the "Team" dropdown list. I select my iPad device, select the correct team choice, then click on "Fix Issue" but I keep getting this "An App ID with Identifier 'com.mark.Kodi' is not available. Please enter a different string." I have not seen this before.

Can I only use the free developer account option 1 time or should it keep working if I refresh Kodi via xCode every 3 months?

Do you know how I can resolve the error i am getting?

Thanks in advance! - Mark
(2016-03-21, 19:57)markbeede Wrote: DanTheMan827 - I installed Kodi onto my iPad4 a few months ago using your instructions. A few days ago I started getting a "This app is no longer available" error when I tried to start Kodi. I do not have a paid apple developer account. I went the free route. I'm guessing the 3 months expired and that's why I am getting this error (either that or upgrading from 9.2 to 9.2.1 a few days prior to that did it - but Kodi worked after the 9.2.1 upgrade).

Anyway I am trying to redo it again on my iPad4. I downloaded v18 of your App Signer, v16 of the Kodi deb file and followed your instructions once again. Started xCode and my Kodi project. The Fix Issue error is displaying by the "Team" dropdown list. I select my iPad device, select the correct team choice, then click on "Fix Issue" but I keep getting this "An App ID with Identifier 'com.mark.Kodi' is not available. Please enter a different string." I have not seen this before.

Can I only use the free developer account option 1 time or should it keep working if I refresh Kodi via xCode every 3 months?

Do you know how I can resolve the error i am getting?

Thanks in advance! - Mark

This page explains how to download the provisioning profiles.

There may be an option to update the profile, it should let you use the same ID as well...

If there isn't an update option you can also try deleting the profiles from ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles (use Command+Shift+G in Finder to go there)

After doing that you should be able to re-download the profile and it may download the updated one.
Forgive me Dan: "This page explains how to download the provisioning profiles." Can you please point me to what page you are referring to here? I am not seeing this anywhere.

Thanks! - Mark
(2016-03-21, 20:35)markbeede Wrote: Forgive me Dan: "This page explains how to download the provisioning profiles." Can you please point me to what page you are referring to here? I am not seeing this anywhere.

Thanks! - Mark

My bad, I forgot to put the actual link with the text Blush
Thanks for the link. My Bundle Identifier did not match what was specified in my provisioning profile. Changed the Bundle Identifier and this fixed it. xCode is happy. Then I built the IPA file. But now when I try to install it on my iPad I am getting "App installation failed - A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found". Any ideas? (again, thanks so much for your help Smile )

Thanks! - Mark
(2016-03-21, 21:06)markbeede Wrote: Thanks for the link. My Bundle Identifier did not match what was specified in my provisioning profile. Changed the Bundle Identifier and this fixed it. xCode is happy. Then I built the IPA file. But now when I try to install it on my iPad I am getting "App installation failed - A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found". Any ideas? (again, thanks so much for your help Smile )

Thanks! - Mark

Did you delete the profiles in that directory?

If you do that Xcode should offer to fix the issue just like when you first signed Kodi
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8