• 41(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
lol - un fuckin believable ... - thats when people use xcode without actually developing - same happened to all those people i supported in compiling kodi on their own - nobody contributed code - they just did it for their own purposes. Well that makes tvos an unsuitable platform for sure...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-05-03, 21:47)Memphiz Wrote: lol - un fuckin believable ... - thats when people use xcode without actually developing - same happened to all those people i supported in compiling kodi on their own - nobody contributed code - they just did it for their own purposes. Well that makes tvos an unsuitable platform for sure...

Well, at least until it's fully jailbroken... (current OS included)

I think the reason Apple did this was because they gave people a double edged sword...

The same method used to install Kodi could be used for other purposes as well... (Jailbreaking, etc)

So they severely "dulled" the piracy end of the blade while still allowing legit developers to do their thing...

Why is it that piracy has to ruin everything good...

But that's the way the sword slices...

Hopefully Apple never stops allowing third party apps not from the app store to be run on OS X...

I really do wonder though... why did Apple ever disallow side-loading on iOS devices... I guess probably the 30% fee of the app store?
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-05-03, 19:54)DanTheMan827 Wrote: So, I have an update...

Apple unfortunately decided to change the free account provisioning profile length to 7 days down from the previous 90...

I'm guessing this was most likely due to people (pretty much everyone side-loading) using it to their advantage...

The paid account profiles do still last for the full length of the term though...

So basically, Apple reduced the testing length to something closer to what it should have initially been Sad

Oh really bad news Sad
Hello Dan,
would it be possible to make an Apple script type app to renew our provisioning certificates every 7 days with Xcode ?
Do the devices have to be plugged in to renew the certificates ?
Thank you.
Please help!
I have been trying to get Kodi installed on my ipad 2 and following the directions here to no success. The problem is in ios App Signer. My certificates are good, but momentarily keychain flashes that my certificate has been signed by an unknown authority. So.. yes, I did your "nuke it from orbit" approach, I even uninstalled and reinstalled xcode. I wiped out every certificate and reinstalled them all from Apple's site.
My certificate has a green checkmark until I try to "fix it" with App Signer. Yes, I checked, and the certificates are all set to default.
Any ideas would be helpful!
Thank you!
Hi,

I have sideloaded Kodi on my ATV. If I want Kodi to be intact ( without using Mac ) can I:

1) Update iOs
2) Update Kodi
3) Use iCloud for backing up ATV ?
Do someone have this issue with ID limitation? Since Xcode 7.3.1 I get this stupid error which says "Unable to add App ID because the '10' App ID limit in '7' days has been exceeded"?
So even more restrictions now for the free developer accounts ...

So it seems that

1. provisioning profiles are only valid for 7 days now (this means the apps installed with those won't start after 7 days)
2. You are not allowed to deploy more then 10 different apps in 7 days with this approach ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hmm, so basically you can't have more than 10 apps side-loaded with free accounts...

It's definitely not a solution but you could always create multiple developer accounts... (or just get a paid account)

The free accounts were originally meant for the developer that's just getting started and only has 1 app that they are working on (possibly to release on the app store later on)

That's exactly what I used the free account for... I made an app and then signed up for the paid account to release it...

That's how apple intended for them to be used, they're unfortunately just enforcing those rules...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Very bad news for the XCode sideloading.
Now tvOS 9.0 or 9.0.1 price will be increased. Pangu Jailbreak works for this lower firmware but not for the 9.1 or 9.2 firmware Sad
Should I try to sell now or later Smile I still have one 'in the box' bought in Nov 2015.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-05-08, 01:47)MrMC Wrote: Should I try to sell now or later Smile I still have one 'in the box' bought in Nov 2015.

I better wait till demand increase. If no jailbreak for 9.1 and 9.2 in few months then Apple TV4 needs year developer's account or get MrMC.
Does anyone know the link of the tvOS build release notes?

Thanks
Time to buy mr mc everybody Smile)
but you cant install your addons in mrmc? right?
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8