• 44(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
So any very clever Apple people know how to entirely script the resigning process? So I can just fire up my VM once a week, plug in my ipad and go?
(2016-05-14, 16:15)AbRASiON Wrote: So any very clever Apple people know how to entirely script the resigning process? So I can just fire up my VM once a week, plug in my ipad and go?

There are most likely some private APIs somewhere in the system but at that point if a program made use of those Apple may not take too kindly to that developer...

And if there was a easier way Apple could very well decide to add even more limitations on the free account...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
No I mean like literally a script within the OS which simply clicks the corresponding buttons, opens the right programs and just does the work - if that makes sense?
I have two devices: iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.3.2 and MacBook 5.1 running El Capitan

I am on step 5. Fix issue unresolved, despite the steps done in step 5. I was not asked to sign in to my Apple ID
I get No device. Creating a profile requires having a device registered in the member center.

How do I resolve this issue? Thanks.
(2016-05-17, 04:40)phynix Wrote: I have two devices: iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.3.2 and MacBook 5.1 running El Capitan

I am on step 5. Fix issue unresolved, despite the steps done in step 5. I was not asked to sign in to my Apple ID
I get No device. Creating a profile requires having a device registered in the member center.

How do I resolve this issue? Thanks.

As far as i know, you have to have a device attached to your mac when create the profile. this message is related to developers who can assign devices to profiles within dev centre for testing purposes

i think this is right as i had the same issue and when i plugged in my device it worked,
I did connect my iPad to the mac, but nothing helped. I followed all the steps, but no change. Any idea?
So, how I understand this is that the provisional profile can't be created until the device is registered, but other than plugging it in after choosing destination under product menu, how else am I to register this iPad?
Hi all,

New here, Just bought AppleTV4 and updated to latest firmware.
I have a paid Developer Account, but I keep getting the following error when uploading the IPA that comes out the iOS App Signer:

Code:
App installation failed

This application or a bundle it contains has the same bundle identifier as this application or another bundle that it contains. Bundle identifiers must be unique

I have tried several bundle identifiers, and some even ridiculously unique, but all end up with the same error after uploading the IPA.
As a sidenote I installed Provenance just fine using Xcode..

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the following versions:

XCode 7.3.1
iOS App Signer 1.8.1
kodi-20160429-5ec2dfd-yab-tvos.deb (but also tried the version that was shown in the youtube video at page 1)
tvOS 9.2.1
Resolved! Done!
(2016-05-17, 23:56)namiswaan Wrote: Hi all,

New here, Just bought AppleTV4 and updated to latest firmware.
I have a paid Developer Account, but I keep getting the following error when uploading the IPA that comes out the iOS App Signer:

Code:
App installation failed

This application or a bundle it contains has the same bundle identifier as this application or another bundle that it contains. Bundle identifiers must be unique

I have tried several bundle identifiers, and some even ridiculously unique, but all end up with the same error after uploading the IPA.
As a sidenote I installed Provenance just fine using Xcode..

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the following versions:

XCode 7.3.1
iOS App Signer 1.8.1
kodi-20160429-5ec2dfd-yab-tvos.deb (but also tried the version that was shown in the youtube video at page 1)
tvOS 9.2.1

Problem solved: I did the steps on another Mac and it worked without errors. I think if I cleared the provisioning profiles and other Xcode caches it would also have worked.
(2016-05-18, 00:43)phynix Wrote: Resolved! Done!

Great to hear

Did you select your plugged in device in the top toolbar before you clicked the fix issues button for the provisioning profile ? forgot to mention that bit
glad you got it sorted in the end
(2016-04-13, 06:59)galliano Wrote: Tell me what went wrong when i setting up the new Apple Tv. I've watched and read the vids couple of times.

1. Using my own account, i setup the new box
2. Then in Xcode
- New tvOS - Single View Application
- Key in any Product Name (e.g., KODI)
- Key in any Organization Identifier (e.g.com.Peanut)
- On the DEVICE panel, i choose my connected Apple TV
- Choose my own Personal Team

3. Then in iOS App Signer
- Browse to find the downloaded deb file
- Signing Certificate = is my own iPhone Developer account
- Provisioning Profile = i scroll down to choose "com.Peanut.KODI"

4. Going back to Xcode ..
- Click on Windows then Devices
- Then add ipa file.

I have the same issue.
I used till yesterday a free account. Because of the 7 Day limit i changed now to a paid account. Provision File is created and marked with * as wildcard.
So if i use this provision file, i get the same error like above.

If i change now the team to the private, i get the fix button and a new provision file is created. If i use this, Kodi worked .... but only the for the 7 days. What can i do, that the sign process is working now for the wild card provision file.
Is it possible to use somebody elses app they make since im using windows and my computer is too slow to use a virtual machine?
(2016-05-19, 09:11)shannra666 Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 06:59)galliano Wrote: Tell me what went wrong when i setting up the new Apple Tv. I've watched and read the vids couple of times.

1. Using my own account, i setup the new box
2. Then in Xcode
- New tvOS - Single View Application
- Key in any Product Name (e.g., KODI)
- Key in any Organization Identifier (e.g.com.Peanut)
- On the DEVICE panel, i choose my connected Apple TV
- Choose my own Personal Team

3. Then in iOS App Signer
- Browse to find the downloaded deb file
- Signing Certificate = is my own iPhone Developer account
- Provisioning Profile = i scroll down to choose "com.Peanut.KODI"

4. Going back to Xcode ..
- Click on Windows then Devices
- Then add ipa file.

I have the same issue.
I used till yesterday a free account. Because of the 7 Day limit i changed now to a paid account. Provision File is created and marked with * as wildcard.
So if i use this provision file, i get the same error like above.

If i change now the team to the private, i get the fix button and a new provision file is created. If i use this, Kodi worked .... but only the for the 7 days. What can i do, that the sign process is working now for the wild card provision file.

I did the same thing and bought a developer account. then I set about converting my apps from the free account to my paid account. I took the bold step and removed all the provisioning profiles saved on my macboook, I then removed all cert's and keys relating to my free account (via keychain)

Next I created a brand new project with a completely new name, blah blah kodi.atv instead of blah blah kodi.tv. Once this was done, I used the fix button to generate a new provisioning profile.
Once this is done, the app signer app will list under the provisioning profile a TVOS profile in the new name blah blah kodi.atv

Then everything worked fine.

This is basically what I did, I still have my personal (free) account listed in xcode but also my paid account listed as just my name as apposed to the personal named account.
hope this helps you guys......
i have installed kodi on ipad 3. this is good also for install on ipad pro 12.9?thanks
Well I thought I wasn't stung by the stupid 7 day limit but sadly I was. It seemed to go a little over 7 days (There's no way that a file I signed at 9:50am, took over 2 hours to load on to the ipad, yet it was still working several hours later)

Pretty gross Apple, is there a solution yet which doesn't involve hacking the ipad? I was just starting to get used to Kodi on it too.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8