OpenElec 6.0 DTS/Dolby causing speaker cracking
I think my problem is related to the same error:
I have a problem with static noise and passthrough, not only at start/stop, but all the time, I play a Video with AC3. Is there a way, that Kodi sends something like: "This is AC3/Dolby" to the speaker?
If this is not the same problem, please ignore this post.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-11-05, 18:38)Solo0815 Wrote: I think my problem is related to the same error:
I have a problem with static noise and passthrough, not only at start/stop, but all the time, I play a Video with AC3. Is there a way, that Kodi sends something like: "This is AC3/Dolby" to the speaker?
If this is not the same problem, please ignore this post.

Doesn't sound the same. Are you sure your tv/receiver supports passthrough? Continuous static noise would be expected if passthrough is enabled, but not supported by tv/receiver.
Thanks for the help troubleshooting and explanation. I'm pretty happy using omxplayer, but I'll gives Milhouses nightly a test too.
(2015-11-05, 19:00)popcornmix Wrote: Doesn't sound the same. Are you sure your tv/receiver supports passthrough? Continuous static noise would be expected if passthrough is enabled, but not supported by tv/receiver.
I'm not sure Confused It worked with on the old Xbox and gave 5.1 sound with AC3-videofiles. Even with mp3-audio, I got Sound on all speakers Wink
^^^all this with optical cable.
Now the Xbox died and I'm trying to use it on another device with the optical cable.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-11-05, 17:33)popcornmix Wrote: I believe it outputs zeros when "muting" when in reality it should output spdif encoded silence, or pause burst frames.

yes, it should output pause bursts. anssi already sugested this but it have not got i plemented so far
Please be careful about assuming that all sinks support/want IEC61937 encapsulated passthrough, Android does not. It wants raw data and the encapsulation is done at the OS level (which makes total sense to me).
So bringing the assumption to the player would be a bad thing, if that's the idea.

P.S. Well the assumption is already there in dvdplayer, let's just not make it worse (haven't checked if videoplayer does it differently).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec 6.0 DTS/Dolby causing speaker cracking0