Android Custom Home Screen
Hi All,

i am new to Kodi.

have installed it successfully on Fire Stick.

few questions:

- It's not very handy by a novice to start channels/streams easily (specially for kids), is it possible that i make a custom home screen of kodi? with different categories, let's say Entertainment | News | Sports | Kids, in side each category i put video-adons/Channels/streams etc... (i know something similar can be done with Favorties, but i haven't found categories/sub categories there and it's still difficult to first go to Favorties in bottom and then start the channels) would be great, if kodi home screen start in this custom home screen

- how can i have a normal remote like functionality where i can press P+ P- button to switch between channels?

Thanks
Why are you so special that you think you need to start a new thread for this? There are dozens of threads with similar questions. Please try multiple different searches and read a lot of different threads before starting your own new thread for a very old and tired subject.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
if you can't help then better keep quite.

if you were able to find those threads then why not to send the links, i did search but didn't find any.

thanks for a warm welcome, it was my first post Smile

have a pleasant day!
Hi saeedahmad1981,

I'm also fairly new to Kodi and have been experimenting with various skin layouts myself.

First off I believe that the default skin (usually confluence) is not fully customisable, you need to install skins that are customisable and alllow you to add subfolders and submenus to your skin. A quick search on google for customisable skins should give you an insight into how to start.

Here are a few forum threads that I have quickly found that may be of some help to you?...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ome+screen

Hope I have been of some help and I wish you luck with your custom skinning experience. Patience is a must! Smile
Hi StreamMunky,

Thanks for reply.

I tried Aeon Nox, looks better.

and how about changing channel with something like P+/- ?
Or simply install CCM Helix, or Xonfluence (basically CCM for Isengard) or multiple other skins that allow custom home screens.

The point is... Search and Read before starting new and pointless threads .

(2015-11-11, 20:11)saeedahmad1981 Wrote: if you can't help then better keep quite.

From a new member with 3 posts, 1 of which was already sent to Garbage & Rule Violation? This is a joke... (and you can't even spell correctly)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hi,

No problem at all, more than happy to help Smile

I'd avoid posting names of addons unless they are definitely not on the blacklist of banned addons: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

In regards to the P+/- I don't think remapping of the remote is possible so you would have to continue to either stop the stream and select another or back out of the stream and select another. There are addons available that will give you a EPG guide and most of which link to the addons for ease of channel changing but will not work with every addon and there respective streams.

Hope that makes sense?

Munky.
Thansk Munky.

I got a bit success with Playlist (m3u).

beside that, didn't find a way to change channel for Video-Adons
No problem.

When you say change channel for video addons do you mean creating your own channel lists or physically changing from one stream to another?
actually both.

1) would be great if we can change channel without first STOPing and then selecting next one

2) that is possible with m3u based playlist, but i don't know how to create m3u list with the channels which are in **Video Addons** i can write m3u list, but i want to know the backend url of these **Video Addons**, didn't find a way to find the URLs (or maybe that is not possible at all, it's my 2nd day with Kodi) Smile))
I can't say that I have found a way to change channels/streams without stopping or backing out of the stream to select another one.

In regards to building your own playlist using various streams I would recommend having a play around with Super Favourites: http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.progra...avourites/

It will allow you to compile your own playlist however you wish it to be laid out and add and remove streams as neccessary, I have only recently begun to experiment with Super Favourites but have found it to be a very useful tool for building playlists and merging with favourites in Kodi itself. It is also a Kodi repo addon.
(2015-11-12, 00:50)StreamMunky Wrote: I can't say that I have found a way to change channels/streams without stopping or backing out of the stream to select another one.

Did you try m3u based playlists?

in combination with Kodi Remote (i used official one on Android) it worked, but only for m3u based channels.

I will try Super Favs.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Home Screen0