• 63(current)
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
(2016-03-16, 00:21)thebertster Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 00:20)marcelveldt Wrote: Thanks for testing! Can you do me a favor? On the filesystem, just temporary move the folder for script.skinhelper.service out of the addons folder to test without skinhelper? A lot of skin features will break but browsing should work. If the issue still happens, the bug is in the skin

Will do!

OK. Tested without skinhelper. I browsed in and out of all 80 TV shows in my library twice with no issues. I'd say the problem is somewhere in the skinhelper (and as noted I see the same issues with the AZ:FA skin). I'll continue to run with it disabled and will let you know if I see another freeze. Let me know if there's anything else you want me to test.

Thanks!
(2016-03-16, 00:43)thebertster Wrote: OK. Tested without skinhelper. I browsed in and out of all 80 TV shows in my library twice with no issues. I'd say the problem is somewhere in the skinhelper (and as noted I see the same issues with the AZ:FA skin). I'll continue to run with it disabled and will let you know if I see another freeze. Let me know if there's anything else you want me to test.

Thanks, this helps me to narrow down it a bit ;-)

Does the crash occur just while scrolling items or when you click an item ?
For example if you try to navigate to the episode level of a show ?

Looking at the code there are a few things that could be worth testing (with skinhelper enabled again):

1. If you enabled the forced views feature, try with disabled.
2. In skin settings --> Home layout --> set to disable all widgets and restart kodi
3. If you have extrafanart enabled try with that disabled too.
(2016-03-16, 00:51)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 00:43)thebertster Wrote: OK. Tested without skinhelper. I browsed in and out of all 80 TV shows in my library twice with no issues. I'd say the problem is somewhere in the skinhelper (and as noted I see the same issues with the AZ:FA skin). I'll continue to run with it disabled and will let you know if I see another freeze. Let me know if there's anything else you want me to test.

Thanks, this helps me to narrow down it a bit ;-)

Does the crash occur just while scrolling items or when you click an item ?
For example if you try to navigate to the episode level of a show ?

Looking at the code there are a few things that could be worth testing (with skinhelper enabled again):

1. If you enabled the forced views feature, try with disabled.
2. In skin settings --> Home layout --> set to disable all widgets and restart kodi
3. If you have extrafanart enabled try with that disabled too.

The hang occurs when clicking on an item. I've never had it freeze while scrolling, but have had it freeze going back to the home screen from skin settings or some other settings screen.

Not using forced views.
Will try with disable all widgets
I do have extra fanart enabled, so will test with it disabled separately to the disabling of widgets
(2016-03-16, 00:56)thebertster Wrote: The hang occurs when clicking on an item. I've never had it freeze while scrolling, but have had it freeze going back to the home screen from skin settings or some other settings screen.

Not using forced views.
I do have extra fanart enabled, so will test with it disabled separately to the disabling of widgets

OK, so the issue occurs when the path is actually changing, not when navigating around in a specific view/listing.
That helps again to track it down some more. We're getting there eventually :-)
(2016-03-16, 00:58)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 00:56)thebertster Wrote: The hang occurs when clicking on an item. I've never had it freeze while scrolling, but have had it freeze going back to the home screen from skin settings or some other settings screen.

Not using forced views.

OK, so the issue occurs when the path is actually changing, not when navigating around in a specific view/listing.
That helps again to track it down some more. We're getting there eventually :-)

OK. Still seeing hangs with both "Disable all widgets" and with "Enable Extra Fanart disabled.

I also tested more with the script moved out of the addons path and am yet to see a hang.
(2016-03-15, 22:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 19:17)mikpj Wrote: Why isnt my background picture not appearing when i install my build on my box:

My link is correct and my jpeg is in the skin/extras/backgrounds folder.

<setting id="skinshortcuts-background-special://skin/extras/backgrounds/the-dark-knight-rises-batman-movie-1920x1080.jpg" type="bool">true</setting>

EDIT:
Could it be my "DASHES"..... i think so, i will test immediatly?

What are you trying to accomplish here ?
NEVER put any background directly in the skin's folder. That will be overwritten by Kodi!
Use another folder on your disk to store your images.

Just browse your file from within the skin stetings and set it as backgrounds. That will be all.
If you can't see all file locations in the file browser for images, you'll have to add the path to the file manager.

My images are now in my user_data/background folder but to get to them I had to create add a source to my user_data. Because when i "select background" "single image" there was no way to get to my user_data folder. Only my added repo source are showing
I wonder if theres a way to place a home button every where except the home menu. It's annoying that you have to keep going up level up to root to go back to home menu.
(2016-03-16, 07:35)prettysick Wrote: I wonder if theres a way to place a home button every where except the home menu. It's annoying that you have to keep going up level up to root to go back to home menu.

i would do this via a custom key mapping rather than requesting a button in the skin. ex; put the below in a file (~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/custom.xml) and restart... now the h key will take you home.

Code:
<keymap>
  <Global>
    <keyboard>
      <h>ActivateWindow(Home)</h>
    </keyboard>
  </Global>
</keymap>
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Thanks zosky but I don't have keyboard on my android box remote. I prefer it to have the button like confluence does. It's a lot of convenience for me if everything can be clicked by the air mouse. Thanks tho.
marcelveldt, it's possible add 3D flag? Huh
Hi on my windows machine I have cpu rising when idling in home menu. Uses approx. 25%. This is the stable version. I had the problem earlier on a beta version where you fixed it.
(2016-03-14, 20:21)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 16:20)VMCosco Wrote: Having an issue with the Favourites widget...I am running on a Fire TV and my Favourites are all selections from "Android apps" that I have installed on my Fire TV (WatchESPN, Netflix, etc) so that I can just open them from within Kodi. I have the Favourites widget set for the "Add ons browser" menu item. The favourites and icons show up but clicking on them does not open the corresponding app.

As an aside (and maybe a helpful point), one of my Favourites is to the Android app for my Fire TV Spotify app. I added this Spotify "shortcut" item as a Home Menu item. It works great. Clicking the item opens the app.

I don't have a android box at hand atm so I can't test this properly to make it work. Would it be possible for you to send me your kodi favourites.xml file ?

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town for a couple of days. Sounds like you were busy with some other stuff anyway. Below is a link to my favourites.xml file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2088...urites.xml
Thanks thebertster for posting about the freezing issue I've been having for weeks now.
(2016-03-16, 14:49)Bjur Wrote: Hi on my windows machine I have cpu rising when idling in home menu. Uses approx. 25%. This is the stable version. I had the problem earlier on a beta version where you fixed it.

Disable the RSS feed perhaps ? that's really heavy for your system.
(2016-03-16, 11:51)PatOso Wrote: marcelveldt, it's possible add 3D flag? Huh

Can you please ask this one on the feature requests thread ?
I'm kind of stuck now in the lockup issue so I might forget otherwise...
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11