Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
(2016-05-02, 21:13)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-02, 15:17)Grumpyman Wrote: When you enable Quick jump alphabet on some views like Poster shift and Poster row i can't see a way to get to the alphabet

left/right scrolls the movies
Up brings up the side menu
Down brings up the info

not sure if i am just missing something Smile

Hmm, you're right, I missed that.
Please think with me how to solve it...

1. Set the DOWN action to focus the alphabet or scrollbar (just like all other views) and enable the info through the sideblade

2. Set the right/left (when you scroll out of the list) to focus the alphabet/scrollbar

I personally think option 1 is the best as it is more consistent across all views

This one has been a puzzler for me even before you added the quick jump alphabet feature (yay! by the way). In some views, where you have used the 'down' action to move to an info panel, this has effectively disabled a scroll bar feature -- whether or not the scollbar is positional or alphabetical. Personally, I really like using the 'off axes' to go to the sideblade or to a scroll bar (either kind) and I think it would be great if all views could implement that feature consistently (the information is visible only according to the view settings). Unfortunately, I also think that being able to slide up the info panel is also very useful (we are so demanding for a feature rich skin and you are so helpful ;-).

Of course, there are two actions and three targets... ;-). Could there be another method to make the third target appear? Long press would be great, but that seems to only apply to the 'OK/Return' keys. How about a sequence of presses?

Say for the horizontal panel view: up action goes to the sideblade, down action goes to the info panel (if not already activated by default) and then another down action activates the scrollbar (positional or alphabetical).

Another approach, perhaps independent of the scroll bar/info panel problem above, would be to, in the context of a library view, consume some other buttons -- e.g the number keys as alphabet (think T9)? (MCE made this work pretty well and I've always wondered why Kodi doesn't handle this too -- yah, I know about 'Shift' modifiers, but that does not work well for a remote. A context sensitive interpretation of the key press would be great.

Messages In This Thread
Link to a specific home screen? - by Hardax - 2016-03-28, 15:31
RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - by oattes - 2016-05-02, 22:13
Landscape View Scrolbar - by User 206796 - 2016-09-19, 00:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11