• 103(current)
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
(2016-04-26, 22:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-24, 11:53)Morphy99 Wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply! Smile Nope not running PVR. I copied my skin settings xml from my PC which is running PVR though. Maybe has something to do with that? Not running beta, running the stable. I'm building this for a friend and wanted to avoid any issues with beta's. I'm supposed to be taking it over later argh!

I've added in a little check to not grab any pvr details if there's no pvr addon running, that should fix the crash. Apparently Kodi crashes if you try to grab the pvr details while there is no PVR addon enabled.
This fix is now in the current beta version and a new stable version will be provided within 2 days

Has this been pushed to the stable yet? I'm on 3.6.59 and still have this error at boot and sometimes causes a crash:
Code:
ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> getJson - invalid result for Method PVR.GetRecordings - params: { "properties": [ "art", "channel", "directory", "endtime", "file", "genre", "icon", "playcount", "plot", "plotoutline", "resume", "runtime", "starttime", "streamurl", "title" ]} - response: {u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'error': {u'message': u'Failed to execute method.', u'code': -32100}}
(2016-05-03, 13:06)loggio Wrote: 1. Ability to be able to change the opacity of the "unfocused" part of the menu, I feel that I need this to be more hidden and the 'focused' item to be more visible.
2. Add ability to move the menu more to the left, so that the submenu is not overlapping the widgets when in focus.
This is a hard one to fix. I understand the request but it's not or very, very difficult to fix that in a correct way.
One way could be to align the entries to the left, which I can easily add as an option.
Moving the submenu more to the left won't be possible because even with the menu entries left aligned there is no way to determine the length of the items. The position of the submenu is fixed, it can not "shift" along with the labels.

There is an alternative way I implemented with a lot of workarounds which is to display the submenu "inline" which you can find as an option. That way the submenu is displayed within the mainmenu and it won't popout to the right (thus not overlapping any widgets).

I hope you understand my ramblings ;-)

(2016-05-03, 13:06)loggio Wrote: These two little cosmetics have been bugging me for a while, but I've more or less been concentrating on helping iron out the bugs.
If these two things can be fixed I think i'd have to conclude that this skin is absolutely without a doubt perfect!

Thanks for all the hard work you've put in to Titan and Kodi,your work certainly does not go unnoticed. Kodi needs more people like you
Keep up the great work!

Loggio.
Thanks for the kind works and thank you for helping out ironing out the bugs!
(2016-05-03, 15:00)icemanmaverick Wrote: Only a little thing. I noticed the watched indicators in the widget view are still not showing in the latest update.

They show up fine with me. Can you provide a little more info...?

- Do the watched indicators not show up only for episodes or also other content ?
- Do the watched indicators work inside the media library ?
- If the indicators only not show up within a home widget, what home widget ?
(2016-05-03, 15:42)oattes Wrote: 1) Kodi declares the codec to be 'HEVC' which is not one of the cases you seem to handle explicitly. As such the codec variable created by the skin is set to 'HEVC'. No problems there, but there while you have a texture for 'h265.png' you don't have one for 'hevc.png'. A simple copy of the texture file and rebuild the xbt library fixes that one ;-).
Thanks for the catch, just added hevc.png ;-)

(2016-05-03, 15:42)oattes Wrote: 2) While I was looking at the skin code for assigning the codec variable, I note that you convert both the codec values 'h265' and 'h264' to 'h.265' and 'h.264' respectively. This works fine for text based media info strings, but I think it breaks the links to the correct textures for the classic (and perhaps other media info styles). In these cases, the graphical lookup would be 'h.265.png' and 'h.264.png' respectively. However the textures present are 'h264.png' and 'h265.png'. I guess you could just rename the texture files, but that might introduce '.' problems in the filenames (dang windows). Alternately, you could create two variables for codec names: one for use in text media info styles and one for use in texture based media info styles.
Not needed, the code you were looking at is only used for the textbased flags, the fix mentioned above already fixes the issue.
(2016-05-03, 15:45)komplex Wrote: Also if you bring up the OSD by pressing select/enter it still shows the media info under the plot

Will be fixed in next update.
(2016-05-03, 15:59)oattes Wrote: update: yes, the codec info is coming from the videoplayer when the video is playing rather than from the library. This would be a DSplayer issue (among many ;-). I, for one, would not ask Marcel to overcome its deficiencies -- unless, of course, Marcel uses the DSplayer build too and it annoys our totally amazing skin developer!

Sorry I can't help that. It's an issue when you use the DSplayer. Apparently the codec/stream info is incorrectly reported.
Instead of a nice human readable (and skin interpretable!) label the full technical stuff shows up.
Maybe report it on the forums threads for DSplayer if it can be fixed by one of the devs ?

(2016-05-03, 15:59)oattes Wrote: However, I would like to see the video info gone from the plot display.
Sorry, I forgot about this one. It's now an optional setting ;-)
(2016-05-03, 17:04)Grumpyman Wrote: would also be nice if the quick jump alphabet could stay hidden until you scroll too it...not sure if that's what any of the mentions above are meaning

In fact I have just changed it so it now behaves exactly the same as the scrollbar does by default.
If you focus it it will become visible (or when you're scrolling).

Available in next beta
(2016-05-03, 23:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 13:06)loggio Wrote: 1. Ability to be able to change the opacity of the "unfocused" part of the menu, I feel that I need this to be more hidden and the 'focused' item to be more visible.
2. Add ability to move the menu more to the left, so that the submenu is not overlapping the widgets when in focus.
This is a hard one to fix. I understand the request but it's not or very, very difficult to fix that in a correct way.
One way could be to align the entries to the left, which I can easily add as an option.
Moving the submenu more to the left won't be possible because even with the menu entries left aligned there is no way to determine the length of the items. The position of the submenu is fixed, it can not "shift" along with the labels.

There is an alternative way I implemented with a lot of workarounds which is to display the submenu "inline" which you can find as an option. That way the submenu is displayed within the mainmenu and it won't popout to the right (thus not overlapping any widgets).

I hope you understand my ramblings ;-)

Hi,

I understand this would be a very fiddly thing to implement.
I'm not a fan of the "in-line" submenu, as i find it's very cluttered.

How about a new vertical menu that acts identical to the way Arctic Zephyr's vertical menu works.
When selecting a menu item, the main menu is replaced by it's submenu items, pressing back removes the submenu items and returns the main menu items.
That way, they all use the same space.
It's hard to explain, but perhaps you could test out Jurialmunkey's Acrtic Zephyr skin to see what i mean.

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2016-05-04, 00:24)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 17:04)Grumpyman Wrote: would also be nice if the quick jump alphabet could stay hidden until you scroll too it...not sure if that's what any of the mentions above are meaning

In fact I have just changed it so it now behaves exactly the same as the scrollbar does by default.

Available in next beta

Awesome

thanks
(2016-05-03, 21:24)Turgon Wrote: Yeah, I had the large thumbnail on and did not enable the 'disable first row' widget. It simply displayed no picture in the corner... Until I turned on the fanart background option, which solved the problem. Not sure if this is intended, looks like a bug.

Will be fixed in next update... Small bug indeed which I missed.
(2016-05-03, 23:16)leo06 Wrote: I try in fresh install in my PC and that options are not there also

And you are 100% sure that content has been scraped to your library ?
If so, can you please send me your kodi logfile ?
(2016-05-03, 23:56)Morphy99 Wrote: Has this been pushed to the stable yet? I'm on 3.6.59 and still have this error at boot and sometimes causes a crash:

No, not yet. I pushed the new skin update before the skinhelper update. That one I will push to stable later this week.
You can manually install the new skinhelper if you want..

http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...1.0.89.zip
(2016-05-04, 00:24)marcelveldt Wrote:

Available in next beta
1. The unwatched numbers look great vertical! It looks very professional now, thank you so much for changing that.

2. I wanted to come on here to let you know that I LOVE the quick-jump alphabet, it works perfectly and I looks great too! Regarding the above request, could you provide the option to "always show" just as you do with the scroll bar, please.

Thank you, sir! I can't believe how amazing this skin is, it's truly a work of art.
(2016-05-04, 07:07)diedrichg Wrote: 2. I wanted to come on here to let you know that I LOVE the quick-jump alphabet, it works perfectly and I looks great too! Regarding the above request, could you provide the option to "always show" just as you do with the scroll bar, please.

It follows the exact same behaviour as the scrollbar, so if you set the scrollbar to always show, so will the alphabet
(2016-05-03, 23:30)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 09:01)Glyde62 Wrote: All the animated posters that have downloaded seem to be missing since last update
Can chose them manually and they work, But doesn't seem to be auto downloading them

Can you check your kodi logfile (or share it with me) ?
Maybe there's an error in there...

Noticed even when I do select the manually that they don't show in context menu until I choose to select to choose them manually
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11