Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
(2016-05-06, 23:24)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 14:12)oattes Wrote: It only happens at resolutions above 1080p (as far as I can tell). On my HTPC everything is fine (1080p TV). I only noticed the issue on my desktop where I am using Kodi (for testing) in windowed mode on a 4K monitor. I'm pretty sure it's an artefact created when Kodi scales 1080p textures to high resolutions... I can't see any issue with the texture dimensions or the coordinates in the skin. Here is an example:

Hmm, this going to be very hard to reproduce for me as I do not have a 4K monitor.
Does the issue also occur if you start Kodi fullscreen on that same monitor ?
Remember that some weird stuff can happen when you switch from monitor or windowed/fullscreen, mainly because the aspect ratio changes which will not be picked up by the skin untill a reloadskin command is issued or Kodi restarted.

It does happen when Kodi is started full screen. I would be happy to try and help debug the dang thing, but at this point, unless there are a lot of folks using the skin with this particular option on a 4K TV/Monitor, I don't think it worthy of a lot of effort. I suspect that for true 4K support the entire set of textures needs to be re-worked (as with the transition from SD to HD). I may take a more careful look at the individual textures involved to see if I can finesse out some more clues, but for now, I'd suggest you put this one in the 'some day in the future' drawer ;-).

LOL, don't assume -- look! (That's me talking to myself, not to you ;-)

The textures don't have all the same height dimension (c.f. aspect ratio). Most are 60 but some are 57 -- that's the culprit. Round off during scaling takes care of the issue until you get sufficient resolution. I'll fuss with the textures and send you an updated set.

Messages In This Thread
Link to a specific home screen? - by Hardax - 2016-03-28, 15:31
RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - by oattes - 2016-05-06, 23:47
Landscape View Scrolbar - by User 206796 - 2016-09-19, 00:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11