Show originaltitle (international original movie title) of movies in an extra field?
ronie Wrote:the original title is already stored in the xbmc database.
and unless i'm mistaken, Confluence will also show it in the video information dialog.

A screenshot prof concept would be good, because I can't to see this field in my movie information screen.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
ronie Wrote:the original title is already stored in the xbmc database.
and unless i'm mistaken, Confluence will also show it in the video information dialog.

OK, that might true for movies, but for tv-shows there is no <originaltitle> filed in the nfo file.

It's good to see the original and the (translated) titles together in the info dialog, but what I would rather need is to be able to sort the movies and tv-shows based on either title or original title.

But maybe this issue is skin-dependent, so maybe we should ask the developer of Confluence skin. I don't know.
tinybutstrong Wrote:A screenshot prof concept would be good, because I can't to see this field in my movie information screen.

i just looked at the code in DialogVideoInfo.xml:
Code:
<item>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[20376]:</label>
    <label2>$INFO[ListItem.OriginalTitle]</label2>
    <onclick>-</onclick>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.OriginalTitle) + !stringcompare(ListItem.OriginalTitle,Listitem.Title)</visible>
</item>

and here's a screenshot:

if it's missing at your end, you either don't have an <originaltitle> field in your .nfo files (in case you use those) or the scraper you're using doesn't fetch this info.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Coix Wrote:OK, that might true for movies, but for tv-shows there is no <originaltitle> filed in the nfo file.

original title works fine for tv shows as well, both for shows and episodes.
if you use one of the media managers, make your request there to add the
<originaltitle> field for tv shows/episodes.

Coix Wrote:It's good to see the original and the (translated) titles together in the info dialog, but what I would rather need is to be able to sort the movies and tv-shows based on either title or original title.

But maybe this issue is skin-dependent, so maybe we should ask the developer of Confluence skin. I don't know.

sort options are handled by xbmc, not the skin. :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Question 
ronie Wrote:i just looked at the code in DialogVideoInfo.xml:
Code:
<item>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[20376]:</label>
    <label2>$INFO[ListItem.OriginalTitle]</label2>
    <onclick>-</onclick>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.OriginalTitle) + !stringcompare(ListItem.OriginalTitle,Listitem.Title)</visible>
</item>

and here's a screenshot:

if it's missing at your end, you either don't have an <originaltitle> field in your .nfo files (in case you use those) or the scraper you're using doesn't fetch this info.

Hi all

Regarding this matter, I am also missing the field "Original title" in the video information dialog... this a real strange thing because the nfo files of all my movies are currently showing both original a translated tittles... do I have to activate the field "original tittle" to be shown in the movie information screen?

by the way, I am using XBMC Dharma beta 3 and my skin is Confluence

Please give a clue becuase I would really love to see that field in my collection.

Thanks in advence
TV: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H; BD player: Pioneer BDP-LX58-K; AV receiver: Pioneer SC-LX56-K; HTPC: OrigenAE M10 (i3 6100); NAS: Synology DS213j; Game Consoles: Xbox One & Xbox 360 250 GB ("Slim"); Speakers: Focal-Jmlab Chorus S; Sub: SVS PB-1000; Universal remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
Question 
Evergreen4 Wrote:Hi all

Regarding this matter, I am also missing the field "Original title" in the video information dialog... this a real strange thing because the nfo files of all my movies are currently showing both original a translated tittles... do I have to activate the field "original tittle" to be shown in the movie information screen?

by the way, I am using XBMC Dharma beta 3 and my skin is Confluence

Please give a clue becuase I would really love to see that field in my collection.

Thanks in advence

Hi all,

I quote myself to tell you what I found out: I realized that the lines of code that ronie found regarding the original title did NOT appear in my DialogVideoInfo.xml file... so I copied them from ronie's post and I used Notepad++ to add them to my DialogVideoInfo.xml (I did on line 249, just above the "director" field).

It seems that I almost did... Almost because the name of the field in itself ("original tittle" or "título original" in Spanish) is missed Sad as you can see in this screenshot:

I guess that I did something wrong, but to be honest this is the very first time I edit a xml file so any help/clue that you could give me will be truly welcome.

Thanks
TV: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H; BD player: Pioneer BDP-LX58-K; AV receiver: Pioneer SC-LX56-K; HTPC: OrigenAE M10 (i3 6100); NAS: Synology DS213j; Game Consoles: Xbox One & Xbox 360 250 GB ("Slim"); Speakers: Focal-Jmlab Chorus S; Sub: SVS PB-1000; Universal remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
it was added two months ago to trunk, but for some reason not backported to Dharma.

if you want to add it yourself, the needed changes can be found here:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=32890
ronie Wrote:it was added two months ago to trunk, but for some reason not backported to Dharma.

if you want to add it yourself, the needed changes can be found here:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=32890

Thanks ronie! I modified the code on those 2 files and the "original tittle" field is back... Please let me ask one last thing: I would like to get the "country" field (which is also missed). I believe that the string id is "574", but could pls copy/paste me the lines of code that I need to add/change in the "DialogVideoInfo.xml" file?

Again, thank you very much mate!!
should be this:
Code:
<item>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[574]:</label>
    <label2>$INFO[ListItem.Country]</label2>
    <onclick>-</onclick>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Country)</visible>
</item>
Thumbs Up 
Evergreen4 Wrote:Thanks ronie! I modified the code on those 2 files and the "original tittle" field is back... Please let me ask one last thing: I would like to get the "country" field (which is also missed). I believe that the string id is "574", but could pls copy/paste me the lines of code that I need to add/change in the "DialogVideoInfo.xml" file?

Again, thank you very much mate!!

No need to copy/paste anything ronie... I just copy the "year" field code and change "year" for "country" and typed the correct string id (574). For anyone interested, the lines of code should read like this:
Code:
<item>
                                <label>$LOCALIZE[574]:</label>
                                <label2>$INFO[ListItem.Country]</label2>
                                <onclick>-</onclick>
                                <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Country)</visible>
                                </item>

Again, thanks a lot ronie for your help!!
Hi there ...

I'm also having this problem ... if I use IMDB as the default movie scraper ... it's using the "Alternitive Title" as the main title for my movies, which SUCKS.

I want to use "English Only" titles for my movies ...

How do I go on, doing that ? I'm using the latest ( not Dharma beta though ) build of Confluence ... please help

rgd,
EE.

p.s. I updated my scraper to use the themoviesdb.org to get rid of the ridicilous "Alternitive Titles" ... but I'd rather use IMDB with ENGLISH TITLE only.-
lord02 Wrote:it's using the "Alternitive Title" [..] I want to use "English Only" titles
self contradiction much..
you'll have to be more specific sir
Hi,

I'm talking about using the IMDB Movie Scraper to get the information about the movie .... The Cast, Votes, Cover(albumArt), FanArt etc ...

and I want the movie's TITLE in ENGLISH only, not the alternitive title.-

E.g. for the Movie "Seven" by David Finch ... I want the title to be "Seven" but not "Sjö" which is the Alternitive Title for my language ... just couple of weeks ago some dude from my country has started translating the IMDB's titles to our language ... so that is what the IMDB Scraper in XBMC is now getting for my movies. I had to switch to the TheMoviesDb.org scraper to get rid of this ridiculus Alternitive Titles ... because IMDB Scraper always gets the Alternitive Text ( e.g. "Sjö" instead of "Seven" )

So how can I set the IMDB Scraper to get the ENGLISH ONLY title ( "Seven" ) for the movies, instead of the Alternitive Title ( "Sjö" ) ?!

Regards,
Lord02
the aka site still display original title: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/
so i suspect you have chosen "Iceland" instead of "Keep original"
...in scraper settings...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show originaltitle (international original movie title) of movies in an extra field?0