Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!
Thank you for the quick reply!

Quote:Did you just open the archive, remove the file, and then close the archive?
Yes, that's what I did.
Quote:This may have caused the zip file to get borked. I think the best practice is to extract the zip to a folder, remove the file, and then re-zip. I'm not a Windows user, so not sure which archive program is best for this, or if the built-in Windows archiving utility is sufficient.
No, I know that the zip file is not messed up because I can open it again and extract it just fine. I use 7-Zip because the built-in windows archiving is very basic and sucks.

Quote:Also, I don't recall having any issues installing from a zip that had extra files. Have you tried installing the zip as downloaded?
There is no issue installing the zip as downloaded at all. But because I'm new at this, I just wanted to experiment with small changes, one at the time.

It would seem that if I exit from Kodi and re-start it, it will then install that zip file without any error. Kind of annoying if you need to test small updates to the zip file.

Should there be more information in the kodi.log file about the error?

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. If I want to test changes to my code, do I have to re-install the zip file with every update that I want to test?

Thank you for your help!

Messages In This Thread
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:28
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:33
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-30, 14:42
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-12-01, 12:58
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2016-01-18, 14:37
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by DigitalLachance - 2016-04-13, 03:57
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by pa79 - 2020-09-09, 19:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!2