Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!
(2017-01-09, 04:36)JETZEE Wrote: Hello Everyone, this is my first post.
I really like what Roman has created and it has kept me busy for the last few days Wink
I do have one question and hope someone can explain to me how it's done, or want to help if possible. Any help is appreciated.

I have installed this plugin in my KODI and I was just wondering if it's possible to have the main.py file with the links located on my hosting account online, so I can update it constantly with new links, so when this addon starts, it will connect to that file and pull all the new information (links) from it.

Thanks.

The purpose of my example video addon is to demonstrate how to work with Kodi Python API to present lists of media content in Kodi. I used hardcoded video links to make the example plugin as generic as possible.

Unfortunately, there seems to be some common misconception among novice addon developers that Python in Kodi is completely different from Python programming language developed and promoted by Python Software Foundation. Well, it's not. So instead of asking "how to do something in Kodi" novice addon developers should ask "how to do something in Pyhon". And usually the answers for the latter question can easily be found in Google/Bing. Python is a popular programming language and there are a lot of info in the Internet on how achieve this or that task. Tasks like "how to make requests to a web-site", "how to scrap info from a web-page", "how to work with XYZ API", "how to login to a web-site problematically" and such are not Kodi-specific really. There are a lot of documentation, manuals, tutorials, StackOverflow answers for that matter that describe how to do various things in Python.

In your case, reading info from a text file is a bask task that should be covered in any descent Python book.

Messages In This Thread
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:28
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:33
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-30, 14:42
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-12-01, 12:58
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2016-01-18, 14:37
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by Roman_V_M - 2017-01-10, 14:11
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by pa79 - 2020-09-09, 19:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!2